PDA

View Full Version : Football Refereeing

Titch
05-03-2008, 07:24 PM
How do you get into it?

i am 15 years old ad always been a fan of football, i know all rules ect.

Grainger@CUFC
05-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Ask your manager about it if you play for a team.
If not, go to your local/county FA or the FA website should have some information on how to get started.

Minstrels
05-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Ask your manager about it if you play for a team.
If not, go to your local/county FA or the FA website should have some information on how to get started.
What he said.

Also be a complete and utter **** head in school so you can handle the abuse from players while your on the pitch! :P

Pyroka
05-03-2008, 08:01 PM
I think contacting the FA would be the way to go yeah. They're the people who employ referees.

Disaronno
05-03-2008, 08:19 PM
On my county FA website it says the words get into football and i click that and then it says refereeing. Its like £65 for me :) Im doing mine soon. Only thing is, you probably dont know all the rules, half the professional refs dont know the rules.

You have to training in a classroom for some amount of time, then you need to do practical work within a group, then do an assesment, then do a practical assesment. Then do 6 11-a-side matches to get your money back. And then your level 9/8. £20 a game, then after a year (roughly 20 matches) you can apply for level 7/6/5/4/3/2/1 obviously you have to be level 6 to be level 5 etc. And level 1 you have to be able to see 25m and stuff like that but youve got a long time till then. And Oh, you cant ref players older than you until your 18 and you have to ref players 2 Years younger than you.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!