PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid

Muniflex
08-03-2008, 01:52 AM
How come they don't fit all cars with Hybrid Energy saving engines? It obviosuly helps the enviroment and therefore helps save the world. Is it that hard?

I really know almost nothing about cars so keep explanations simple please.:P

GommeInc
08-03-2008, 02:24 AM
I think it might be something to do with space and if you fit all cars with it you'll have to rip out aload of things to make it compatible. One Hybrid car has a petrol engine on the driver's side, and the eletric engine on the passenger side, and it did require alot of space.

I suppose the only answer is space. I'm not entirely sure how much they cost either.

GTA-Andy
09-03-2008, 07:34 PM
That and you can get 53MPG in a 2.0 Diesel and only foty odd in a Hybrid Prius.

Metric.
09-03-2008, 10:41 PM
That and you can get 53MPG in a 2.0 Diesel and only foty odd in a Hybrid Prius.

Yeah, the 1.9L Jetta TDI (2006) gets 50mpg on the highway. Hybrids are only good if you are using it in the city where you are stopping and starting
a lot. When driving a hybrid on the highway it's going to use the engine. I tested a 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid and on the highway it didn't use the electric motor once, and I drive on the highway a lot so it did nothing for me + they wanted an arm and a leg for the car!

Nereo
10-03-2008, 06:23 PM
It would probaly make cars a lot more expensiv to have this put in to the car:D

Thats why they dont do it

Adam$
10-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Yeah, the 1.9L Jetta TDI (2006) gets 50mpg on the highway. Hybrids are only good if you are using it in the city where you are stopping and starting
a lot. When driving a hybrid on the highway it's going to use the engine. I tested a 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid and on the highway it didn't use the electric motor once, and I drive on the highway a lot so it did nothing for me + they wanted an arm and a leg for the car!
My 1.9 TDI Golf gets 37MPG in the city, it's great. It hasn't seen many motorway miles whilst it's in my posession yet but the previous owner said they get around 40-50MPG.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!