PDA

View Full Version : Time to bring back the Concord?

Nereo
08-03-2008, 07:44 PM
The concorde had a lot of negative press coverage during its short life...but with a bit of work and some new research into this kind of thing can't they re-introduce it?

Technologic
09-03-2008, 12:20 AM
1. Waste of fuel
2. All hydraulic fluids ahve been drained from all the models so it would bee too hard to get that working again
3. bad for envirionment
4. not efficient enough

Shawnstra
09-03-2008, 12:23 AM
Due to the high noise pollution and I think huge amounts of fuel that is needed, I doubt it would come back in the 21st century, where oil is too expensive. However, I see the arrival of other supersonic planes, like that hydrogen powered one, it would be a huge success as the main problem now is fuel. The concorde was built for the 1970s market where oil was still readily available.

xxMATTGxx
09-03-2008, 08:29 AM
1. Waste of fuel
2. All hydraulic fluids ahve been drained from all the models so it would bee too hard to get that working again
3. bad for envirionment
4. not efficient enough

The fluids would be an easy thing, anyway. Concorde won't be coming back due to the maintenance costs and the fuel. The expensive tickets, celebrities use to buy was one of the only reasons why they kept flying. After 9/11 it went down hill, and sadly they pulled it out of service.

GTA-Andy
09-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Concorde was by far from a 'short life' Infact it had a service span much longer than many commerical airliners.

Slowpoke
09-03-2008, 07:34 PM
I don't think they will ever bring the Concorde back although I'd love to fly in one :).

Nereo
09-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Concorde was by far from a 'short life' Infact it had a service span much longer than many commerical airliners.

u mite be rite but i just made this thread cause I was bored I didnt really research it :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!