PDA

View Full Version : Best Premiership manager (Football)

Muniflex
10-03-2008, 12:56 AM
Who would you say?

Obviosuly all have there own attributes.

Like Wenger's best i'd say is brining in young talent and turning them into superstars.

I think it is Sir Alex Ferguson, not just because i am a United fan but he has done a hell of alot for United. 23 years in charge? And has had many suceses and his famous 'hair dryer' technique is renound.

Who do you think?
And please give reasons and sensible ones at that. Do not have a go at others opinions. Debate yes, but be rude, no...

Slowpoke
10-03-2008, 01:02 AM
Sven Goran Eriksson
because i support the team he manages

Andeeh
10-03-2008, 02:21 AM
Has to be Paul Jewell done a lot for derby down there.

Probs Rafaa ;) he has got Liverpool spot on with Torres

Minstrels
10-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Kevin Keegan.

Muniflex
10-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Kevin Keegan.

Sarcasm. lol

Aflux
10-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Steve Coppell or Neil Warnock.

Both down to earth.

Lµke
10-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Gotta say I've always been a fan of Martin O'Neil at villa. One of the few down to earth managers and tells it like it is, unlike some managers who can't get the ball in the net and so resort to rubbishing the referee for his teams lack of goals.

Pyroka
10-03-2008, 02:02 PM
David Moyes is a good manager, but that's coming from an Everton supporter. I'd say Ramos has a good shot at being manager of the year though, after turning Tottenham around. I can see Tottenham in the top 3 with him.

United.Road
10-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Steve Coppell or Neil Warnock.

Both down to earth.
premiership manager???:$:$:$

has to be sir alex, no1 else is in the same league

Pyroka
10-03-2008, 03:51 PM

I don't think Sir Alex is that good really, his players just have some cracking skill. I must say though, he's dedicated to Manchester United so I can't criticise him at all.

Brody
10-03-2008, 03:57 PM
id have to say harry redknapp is one of the best managers he turns bit part players from other teams into great players at pompey and always gets the best out of his players.

but then theres ole arsene wenger:) just a great manager great at spottin talent and turnin average players into world class e.g thierry henry and patrick viera

Rarelime
10-03-2008, 05:51 PM
juande ramos, transforming spurs back into a force within months.

Sharpsterz
10-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Wenger Turns Crap Young Players Into Awesome Ones

I Mean Say 3 Years Ago Did Anyone Know Who Any Of These Where:

Bacary Sagna
Armand Traore
Denilson
Diaby

And I Mean Adebayor Wasn't Even That Good But Now He's 2nd Top Goalscorer

United.Road
10-03-2008, 05:58 PM
I don't think Sir Alex is that good really, his players just have some cracking skill. I must say though, he's dedicated to Manchester United so I can't criticise him at all.

i dont know how you can say that sir alex is not the best manager in the league. when he first started managing the team was mid table, i think we finished 11th in his first season in charge. he basically turned our club around and made them into the best club into the world.
you cant compare ramos, moyes, wenger, grant to ferguson. they all took over the club with decent players and have no chance of staying in charge of the club for 20+ years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Ferguson

Muniflex
10-03-2008, 06:00 PM

Not having a go or anything, but i don't see hwo you can see Sir Alex isn't that good. He has won numerous trophies with United and brought in some fanatastic players to build our squad up.

Nereo
10-03-2008, 06:08 PM
David moyes has done an great job at everton. comming in with a tiny budget and even smaller squad and manged to get them into the top 4 couple of years ago and now they could do it agen this season:D

Aflux
10-03-2008, 10:11 PM

That's the post of a glory supporter.

Disaronno
10-03-2008, 10:36 PM
i dont know how you can say that sir alex is not the best manager in the league. when he first started managing the team was mid table, i think we finished 11th in his first season in charge. he basically turned our club around and made them into the best club into the world.
you cant compare ramos, moyes, wenger, grant to ferguson. they all took over the club with decent players and have no chance of staying in charge of the club for 20+ years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ars%C3%A8ne_Wenger Has been there 12 years.
Arsene Wenger is good, Martin O'neil is very good. Everton manager is great. I liked Martin Jol before last season. I dont rate alex, yea his top 5 players are great, but you take them away and the whole team just goes down. Top 5 IMO - Rooney, Ronaldo, Van Der Sar, Rio, Giggs Possibly. Yes, he has won a lot of trophies but he has had 20 years+ to do that and Arsene has had 12 and won quite a fair amount. Its my opinion. shut up.

Dont forget In 2004, he became the only manager in FA Premier League history to go through the entire season without defeat

The Undertaker
10-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Its gotta be either Wenger or Sir Alex.
Wenger has a great eye for talented young players & can turn them into superstars.
Sir Alex is a great manager & has achieved alot with Man utd.

Andys
10-03-2008, 11:04 PM
I think Roy Keane has done a good job for us this season.

Aflux
10-03-2008, 11:07 PM
I think Roy Keane has done a good job for us this season.
Roy Keane has got to be one of the worst, sorry.

United.Road
10-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Arsene Wenger is good, Martin O'neil is very good. Everton manager is great. I liked Martin Jol before last season. I dont rate alex, yea his top 5 players are great, but you take them away and the whole team just goes down. Top 5 IMO - Rooney, Ronaldo, Van Der Sar, Rio, Giggs Possibly. Yes, he has won a lot of trophies but he has had 20 years+ to do that and Arsene has had 12 and won quite a fair amount. Its my opinion. shut up.

Dont forget In 2004, he became the only manager in FA Premier League history to go through the entire season without defeat
i never said wenger was a bad manager?? sir alex is best manager though, just look at the hall of fame ;);););)

Pyroka
11-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Not having a go or anything, but i don't see hwo you can see Sir Alex isn't that good. He has won numerous trophies with United and brought in some fanatastic players to build our squad up.

It's a good point, and I applaud him for his selection of his team. I just think the players make the result, not the manager. I don't think he's the dogs ********... Everyone thought Jose Mourhinio was good, and I think he did. Chelsea aren't an 'amazing' team as you can see now, but he made the team better. All Fergie has to do is choose some players, and bang, he's got a winning mix.

I know there's some offence in that, but there's some compliment in there too. :P

I agree with his dedication, I can't doubt that. I don't see anyone else staying longer in a club than Fergie really. I can see Ramos doing the same though with Tottenham. Not so much changing the club into a 'world famous' club, but being up there with the likes of Man Utd, Barca & teams like that.

Xeck
11-03-2008, 01:46 AM
I'd go with good old Arsene. Scouting knowledge is excellent, coaching is excellent, financially he's a genius, buys cheap players who he turns into world-class stars and still makes profit from selling players. This fact is pretty awesome:

Notably, the Arsenal defence that set a new record after going ten consecutive games without conceding a goal en route to the UEFA Champions League 2005-06 final against Barcelona, cost Arsenal less than £5m to assemble.

He knows how to work with his players on a psychological level and gets the most out of them in training. Of course there's the fantastic achievements like the trophies won, the unbeaten run, the numerous records broken over the years and some amazing performances in Europe, such as beating Roma 3-1, Inter Milan 5-1, Real Madrid 1-0, Juventus 2-0 and now Milan 2-0. I hope he's at Arsenal for a much longer time than the 12 years he's spent there already.

Alan_Carr
11-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Martin O Neill is a sick manager.

Disaronno
11-03-2008, 09:13 AM
i never said wenger was a bad manager?? sir alex is best manager though, just look at the hall of fame ;);););)

No, i never said you did. Also, this thread asks for my opinion and i gave it. IMHO Alex isnt all that good as Pyroka has already stated (i agree with Pyroka Fully) Just because he has had the most trophies, doesnt mean he is the best. Inside the Pship id say for me its Arsene, in the world id probably say, Rikard? (The barca manager)

Muniflex
11-03-2008, 10:40 AM
The fact that he has got these players though surely shows for a start he is a good manager.
And when United are losing at half time he can get the perfect team talk and produce a fine second half.

I agree with peoples reasons on Arsene.

And Emirates, why say you are just giving your opinion? United.Road only said he didn't agree, he didn't have a go.

And sorry i gotta say this... [united finished Arsenal unbeaten run;)] lol:P

french
11-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Juande Ramos.
I support spurs, but he took us to the carling cup with an excellent team.

Bojangles
11-03-2008, 11:31 AM
I'd have to say neil warnock or alan curbishley.

Meti
11-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Arsené Wenger or Sir. Alex Ferguson

United.Road
11-03-2008, 11:58 AM
I'd have to say neil warnock or alan curbishley.
:lol:
warnock = championship manager
curbs = going to be sacked soon

Bojangles
11-03-2008, 12:32 PM
:lol:
warnock = championship manager
curbs = going to be sacked soon
Who was the manager at the end of last season when west ham avoided being relagated? curbishley and he's doing a better job this season too.

Pyroka
11-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Why isn't anyone paying attention to Ramos? >_>

United.Road
11-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Why isn't anyone paying attention to Ramos? >_>
because hes only been in the job a couple of months

Pyroka
11-03-2008, 01:40 PM
And he's already won a trophy? I'd say that's a pretty good start and it's only going to get better.

Muniflex
11-03-2008, 03:03 PM
I dunno if you can say he is best manager in premiership after only a couple months can you?

Minstrels
11-03-2008, 03:37 PM
I dunno if you can say he is best manager in premiership after only a couple months can you?
And they haven't had that many challenges. :rolleyes:
Chelsea fielded a crap team. We'll see how good his record is on Sunday when he gets **** raped at the COMS.

Xeck
11-03-2008, 04:13 PM
And sorry i gotta say this... [united finished Arsenal unbeaten run;)] lol:P

Not trying to start an argument or anything, but that game still remains the single worst refereeing display I've ever seen [Mike Riley]. Ferdinand brought down Ljungberg who would have been one on one, Riley played on, Nistelrooy did an awful challenge on Cole, wasn't sent off by Riley and ended up receiving a 3-game ban for dangerous play after the game, then the worst part was the shocking Rooney dive that Riley gave a penalty for, 1-0 to United which meant we had to attack and you got a second. Ridiculous. -_-

-Eliminate
11-03-2008, 04:49 PM
arsene wenger, not just becuase he manages one of the top four

but for finding players and then raising them to become world class footballers eg theirry henry and fabregas unlike most managers who buy ready made talent

Jordie
11-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Wenger for me

like you say good at bringing up the young players and making them mature into excellent premiership players.

won a few trophies along the way to.

Tristan
11-03-2008, 05:04 PM

That's a bit of a silly post?
Take away 5 of your top players...

Adebayor
v.Persie
Gallas
Fabregas
Hleb(?)

Anyway, I'm a Manchester United supporter and I think that Ferguson is the best manager in the Premiership. Not a glory supporter comment at all...
Anyway, bringing up young talent? Cristiano Ronaldo anybody?

United.Road
11-03-2008, 05:05 PM
arsene wenger turns his players into thugs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-0djx3--mlw
also wenger doesnt spot new talent his scouts do ;)

Jordie
11-03-2008, 05:11 PM
wengers motivation skills are excellent

he motivates the young players and gives them belief

amount of young players hes given a chance and even given them that chance in the champions league

United.Road
11-03-2008, 05:17 PM
phil neville, gary neville, beckham, giggs, scholes, ronaldo, nani, anderson, rooney

Andys
11-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Roy Keane has got to be one of the worst, sorry.
Yep, thats how he brought us from right at the bottom of the Championship to win it. :rolleyes:

And don't say "Oh yeah, buy Alex Ferguson and Arsné Wenger could do that easily" because bare in my this was his first year at Sunderland and infact his first ever manager job.

Tristan
11-03-2008, 05:48 PM
It's a good point, and I applaud him for his selection of his team. I just think the players make the result, not the manager. I don't think he's the dogs ********... Everyone thought Jose Mourhinio was good, and I think he did. Chelsea aren't an 'amazing' team as you can see now, but he made the team better. All Fergie has to do is choose some players, and bang, he's got a winning mix.

Of course the players make the result. It's like that for any team? He can pick random players and get a "winning mix" because he spotted them early, he's raised them, improved them and formed them into World Class footballers. It's because of his eye for young talent and skills with young talent that he can pick a great team easily, and because of his managerial skills as the team has moulded.

Browney
11-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Yep, thats how he brought us from right at the bottom of the Championship to win it. :rolleyes:

And don't say "Oh yeah, buy Alex Ferguson and Arsné Wenger could do that easily" because bare in my this was his first year at Sunderland and infact his first ever manager job.

Exactly. I think that person just saw his managering a lower premiership side and just jumped to the conclusion that means the manager is bad. Keano is a god up north. I've seen murals and theres even a bar near to the SOL thats called "Keano". He's done fantastic stuff for that club.

Disaronno
11-03-2008, 09:39 PM
That's a bit of a silly post?
Take away 5 of your top players...

Adebayor
v.Persie
Gallas
Fabregas
Hleb(?)

Anyway, I'm a Manchester United supporter and I think that Ferguson is the best manager in the Premiership. Not a glory supporter comment at all...
Anyway, bringing up young talent? Cristiano Ronaldo anybody?
Not really, Eboue, Sagna, Toure, Diaby, Eduardo, Flamini, Almunia. All great players

phil neville, gary neville, beckham, giggs, scholes, ronaldo, nani, anderson, rooney

If thats your best HA.

Adams, Winterburn, Dixon, Bergkamp, Henry, Ian Wright, Sir Chapman, Seaman, Parlour, Platt, Viera, Petit, Fabregas, Van Persie, Eduardo, Flamini, Adebayor, Almunia, Gallas, Toure. The list could go on

Edit: Im not saying Alex doesnt do what a manager should. Im saying i think Wenger is good and that he does his job better. Oh and United.Road, dont reply to my messages because ive added you to my ignore list so i wont see yours anymore.

Muniflex
12-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Not trying to start an argument or anything, but that game still remains the single worst refereeing display I've ever seen [Mike Riley]. Ferdinand brought down Ljungberg who would have been one on one, Riley played on, Nistelrooy did an awful challenge on Cole, wasn't sent off by Riley and ended up receiving a 3-game ban for dangerous play after the game, then the worst part was the shocking Rooney dive that Riley gave a penalty for, 1-0 to United which meant we had to attack and you got a second. Ridiculous. -_-

Lol i know what you mean, i only said it for a laugh anyway.
But so many games could/would be different fi it wasn't for the referee....

Simmzay
13-03-2008, 02:39 AM
Although I think Wenger is far and beyond Ferguson, neither are close to the best.

My personal favourite is Nils Arne Eggen, now there's a great manager. Forgot to mention that he isn't in the premiership, why even restrict this to one league? Just an excuse to have an argument I'm guessing.

Aflux
13-03-2008, 07:27 AM

I'm not even taking into account what he did because anyone can be un charge of Manchester United and do well. His attitude is horrible and he needs a slap.

Muniflex
13-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Although I think Wenger is far and beyond Ferguson, neither are close to the best.

My personal favourite is Nils Arne Eggen, now there's a great manager. Forgot to mention that he isn't in the premiership, why even restrict this to one league? Just an excuse to have an argument I'm guessing.

It has nothing to do with starting an argument!
I said it becuase some people might not know much about managers from foreign leagues and the premier league is the most popular league in the world!
So why don't you try not to start arguments yourslef please. Thankyou very much.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!