PDA

View Full Version : Everton Vs Florentina?

Disaronno
12-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Ok, i know this is early but everton are playing amazing football. Defending perfectly and what a cracker from Arteta

2-0 atm

2-2 on aggr

United.Road
12-03-2008, 09:16 PM
who are florentina :lol:!!!!!!!!!

Fiorentina

Slowpoke
12-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Never heard of the other team lol ..

Disaronno
12-03-2008, 09:22 PM
I dont think i spelt it right so thats why.

Edit: Fiorentina

Slowpoke
12-03-2008, 09:22 PM
I dont think i spelt it right so thats why.

nahh even with the correct spelling!! what country are they based in?

brandon
12-03-2008, 09:24 PM
italy babe.

Pyroka
12-03-2008, 09:25 PM
CRAP, I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THIS GAME. :O Wow, Everton are doing good I see. 2-2 is a score to be proud of, and if they score another one (which I can see them doing imo) then daaaamn. Fiorentina are a good team, but I guess they're being taken advantage of maybe?

It's funny, once Everton realise they need to win, THEY GO OUT and WIN. It's a shame they don't do that with teams like Manchester United... I'm sure that would be interesting.

Disaronno
12-03-2008, 09:32 PM
CRAP, I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THIS GAME. :O Wow, Everton are doing good I see. 2-2 is a score to be proud of, and if they score another one (which I can see them doing imo) then daaaamn. Fiorentina are a good team, but I guess they're being taken advantage of maybe?

It's funny, once Everton realise they need to win, THEY GO OUT and WIN. It's a shame they don't do that with teams like Manchester United... I'm sure that would be interesting.

You missed a fantastic goal mate. You see fabregas against Milan? It was about 3x better. Great goal.

Bojangles
12-03-2008, 09:38 PM
You missed a fantastic goal mate. You see fabregas against Milan? It was about 3x better. Great goal.
No offence but fabregas's goal against AC milan wasn't THAT good.

Disaronno
12-03-2008, 09:40 PM
In my opinion it was. In yours it wasnt.

I think both were great but Artetas was outstanding.

It depends what you call a great goal aswell. Some people consider a slit tap in a good goal aslong as it was great play. Some people like random whacks like the sunderland one that won goal of feb on MOTD

Pyroka
12-03-2008, 09:41 PM

Ill try and grab it on MOTD if its on tonight. Should be right?

Jordie
12-03-2008, 09:47 PM
this should be over

everton have been class

1 goal for florentina and that will be it tho
came close with the header

Disaronno
12-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Ill try and grab it on MOTD if its on tonight. Should be right?
No not tonight. I checked TVguide.Co.Uk

this should be over

everton have been class

1 goal for florentina and that will be it tho
came close with the headerAgreed

Jordie
12-03-2008, 09:51 PM
spurs are doing alright aswell.

psv 0-1 spurs

berbatov cracker

that should be over aswell

Disaronno
12-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Was the berbatov goal better than Artetas? I havent watched the spurs game

Pyroka
12-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Grr... I really hope Everton win. That'd be amazing, especially to prove my mates wrong and so I don't get bombarded by texts tonight. I'll see if I can find some footage somewhere I guess.

Browney
12-03-2008, 09:54 PM
No offence but fabregas's goal against AC milan wasn't THAT good.

Exactly what I was thinking. I've seen loads that are better.

Alan_Carr
12-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Tryna catch extra time, but parent's got Apprentice on :@

Pyroka
12-03-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm just observing the BBC Live Text of the game. Parents doing something downstairs, so I can't.

bizzle
12-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Ok, i know this is early but everton are playing amazing football. Defending perfectly and what a cracker from Arteta

2-0 atm

2-2 on aggr
lol emirates..
u cant really call ronaldo a diver
seen adebayor :8

bizzle
12-03-2008, 09:57 PM

2-0 atm

2-2 on aggr
lol emirates..
seen adebayor

hows eduardo :8:8.

Disaronno
12-03-2008, 10:06 PM
lol emirates..
seen adebayor :8

Eduardo is making a comeback in about 8 months actually. Oh and yes i have seen Adebayor :) Thank you for asking. I never called Ronaldo a diver? I just have it as my avatar. Go now. Your going on my ignore list. Kfnxbaiseeya

Edit i said Fabregas's goal was good, i never said it was the most amazing goal id ever seen. People need to stop assuming things and taking things so close to heart on this forum

Pyroka
12-03-2008, 10:09 PM
I think this is the first game where Everton have the LEAST FOULS!

Fiorentina: 28 Fouls
Everton: 20 Fouls

SHOCKING LOL. Fiorentina have 5 yellow cards too, ouch. I'm scared that if this goes to penos, I'm going to have to barge downstairs. Is it on any channel?

United.Road
12-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Eduardo is making a comeback in about 8 months actually. Oh and yes i have seen Adebayor :) Thank you for asking. I never called Ronaldo a diver? I just have it as my avatar. Go now. Your going on my ignore list. Kfnxbaiseeya

Edit i said Fabregas's goal was good, i never said it was the most amazing goal id ever seen. People need to stop assuming things and taking things so close to heart on this forum
why ignore him?

is it because you cant defend adebayor and his pathetic diving

bizzle
12-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Spot on united.road

brandon
12-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Penalties lol.
Same with Spurs game.

Disaronno
12-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Alls i can say is, probably cos United.Road and stfc have posted, as i cant see them is Here (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Cristiano+Ronaldo+Diving&search_type=) compared to Here (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Adebayor+diving&search_type=)Page numbers? Woa!

Pyroka
12-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Everton lose on penalties. Thats a damn shame to be honest, but that jagielka save was bloody good I have to hand it down to the keeper. Tim Howard tried his best, but just couldn't. I can't say it's a letdown for Everton to be honest with you, because they played better than Fiorentina tonight, and sure as hell, they will not survive the Quarter Finals.

Well done to the boys imo. As the guy said on ITV4, it's character building and by what Everton have achieved this year, it's only going to get better.

United.Road
12-03-2008, 10:29 PM
everton = bottlers

Pyroka
12-03-2008, 10:34 PM
United, who cares? We played the better game than Fiorentina. Knowing that fact, I'm actually proud of Everton, win or lose. I bet you couldn't ever do that for Manchester United. I'm proud of Everton tonight because they played the better game. It all came down to the luck of the kick really, and I've always said that penalties require no skill in Football. Frankly, I'm more disappointed with the end of the game being penalties. I would've prefered Fiorentina to score a goal in Extra time than in anything else.

At least they'd have something to brag about, because being lucky isn't something to brag about at all. In fact, bragging about that usually comes back to bite you in the ***.

Jordie
12-03-2008, 10:35 PM
both are out

spurs and everton on penalties

both should of been going thru

dont take your chances that happens i spose

United.Road
12-03-2008, 10:36 PM
United, who cares? We played the better game than Fiorentina. Knowing that fact, I'm actually proud of Everton, win or lose. I bet you couldn't ever do that for Manchester United. I'm proud of Everton tonight because they played the better game. It all came down to the luck of the kick really, and I've always said that penalties require no skill in Football. Frankly, I'm more disappointed with the end of the game being penalties. I would've prefered Fiorentina to score a goal in Extra time than in anything else.

At least they'd have something to brag about, because being lucky isn't something to brag about at all. In fact, bragging about that usually comes back to bite you in the ***.
atleast i actually know when games are on and watch them :rolleyes:

Pyroka
12-03-2008, 10:38 PM
both are out

spurs and everton on penalties

both should of been going thru

dont take your chances that happens i spose

Mmm, shame spurs didn't get through either. I thought they would've got through with Ramos at the wheel. Tonights been a shocker.

atleast i actually know when games are on and watch them :rolleyes:

Lol, is that the best you could come up with? I watched the penalties, but I didn't know it was on ITV4 and I forgot it was even on in the first place. Sorry for commiting such a great crime to a club I truly do love for their football, not their winnings. :rolleyes:

Jordie
12-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Mmm, shame spurs didn't get through either. I thought they would've got through with Ramos at the wheel. Tonights been a shocker.

Lol, is that the best you could come up with? I watched the penalties, but I didn't know it was on ITV4 and I forgot it was even on in the first place. Sorry for commiting such a great crime to a club I truly do love for their football, not their winnings. :rolleyes:

well it was 4-4 until the last penalty

and Jenas couldnt handle the pressure and gomes saved it.

Pyroka
12-03-2008, 10:43 PM
well it was 4-4 until the last penalty

and Jenas couldnt handle the pressure and gomes saved it.

Damn, poor Jenas... I can't imagine the pressure those players on the last of the list take. It must be immense with all the crowd watching you... But hey, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger eh?

Jordie
12-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Damn, poor Jenas... I can't imagine the pressure those players on the last of the list take. It must be immense with all the crowd watching you... But hey, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger eh?

tbh the crowd were crap at psv
but yeah immense amount of pressure but was obvious both english clubs were going to lose on pens

Pyroka
12-03-2008, 10:50 PM
tbh the crowd were crap at psv
but yeah immense amount of pressure but was obvious both english clubs were going to lose on pens

Mmmm... I think there's only one team who win on penos, and it's liverpool xD They're superb on them, seriously. Poor Jenas though, damn I'd hate that.

Jordie
12-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Mmmm... I think there's only one team who win on penos, and it's liverpool xD They're superb on them, seriously. Poor Jenas though, damn I'd hate that.

yeah
still we have bolton left
17th in the premier league but good in europe
shows the gulf in class between the english league and european ones really doesnt it?

1-1 atm so need to score coz sporting have the away goal
might have to put some money on a bolton win
should be good odds

Pyroka
12-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Well how good did Tottenham play tonight? I know Everton deserved to win, but didn't. There's no gulf in it really, it's just the sheer luck these european teams have in the UEFA cup. Bolton should get through, and if they don't then... I'm gobsmacked.

Jordie
12-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Well how good did Tottenham play tonight? I know Everton deserved to win, but didn't. There's no gulf in it really, it's just the sheer luck these european teams have in the UEFA cup. Bolton should get through, and if they don't then... I'm gobsmacked.

tottenham should of been into the next round tonight we'll leave it at that. bolton are shower and sporting have the away goal cant see it myself but worth some money on it

Pyroka
12-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Hmm... I wouldn't mind betting on that either tbh. Shame I don't have the money to. :P It's the damn penalty curse in Europe, happens everytime.

edible
12-03-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm proud of Everton tonight to be honest. We went out there and I thought we played great football, it was enjoyable. We've got this far, and I do believe this will make us stronger and give us more confidence.
Now I just want to see how we pick ourselves up from this come Sunday @ Fulham.
Let's just focus on the league now and trying to get back into Europe.

Did anyone notice how I think that Howard went the the right of the net every penalty? He did some amazing saves tonight as did their keeper.

Gutted, but I'm proud.

Pyroka
13-03-2008, 12:54 AM
HE DID if you mean his right. Weird that. It was great football, you can't deny them of it & tbh I don't care if we lost tonight, we deserved to win but we didn't, but we sure as hell showcased how football should be played, and what talent Everton has to offer for the coming seasons.

Damn right proud of Everton <3

Simmzay
13-03-2008, 02:41 AM
Everton were robbed. I knew the "Yak" would miss that penalty because he'd been pretty poor the entire match. The rest of the players did well though, deserved to advance.

edible
13-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Everton were robbed. I knew the "Yak" would miss that penalty because he'd been pretty poor the entire match. The rest of the players did well though, deserved to advance.
He was very poor that match. I knew he would too.
I bet you AJ would've scored his penalty if he was picked to take one after all, it'd certainly make up for the penalties he's missed this year.
I feel robbed, but I'm proud of Everton, I've never seen such an amazing atmosphere, i think!
And we did win the game, just not on pens. So I guess I came away happy because at least they didnt batter us :)

Rarelime
13-03-2008, 07:37 PM
I was flicking between the two games, manily watching the spurs game as im a supporter. The only thing I have to moan about is Jenas' penalty, if only he buried it instead of tamely placing it :eusa_wall. The spurs team should take lessons from berba on how to take penalties as he's so cool under pressure.

Nereo
13-03-2008, 09:16 PM

Dude, their like one of the biggest clubs in italian football right now lol

EverSteve
14-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Everton played incredible we should've won. The crowd atmoshpere was also great, i think everyone knew we need to support the team and we did.

I think Moyes should've brought on Victor earlier than the last half of ET, I think Yak should've gone of not AJ as AJ was looking much more likely to score although Yak did leave 3 defenders on their bum!

However now we have to concentrate on 4th & 5th. If we fail to get them were out of Europe for a year, and that can't happen.

so I take us getting knocked out a good point as well. as we will be more fresher.

I think to say that we have came from 14th - 17th team every year, Moyes came in and instead of fighting for Relegation we've been 4th & 6th. and this year were pushing again, its the first time weve been able to keep in the top for 2 years running. He's done some great signings such as Jag, Yak, Howard & brought up people such as Vaughan and Anichebe not forgetting Shrek. He's also brought Arteta for basically nothing. We've done incredibly well in the last few years with Moyes and to say we were nealry in the Uefa Cup Quaters just shows how far we've came!

EFC 4 Life, Come on you blues!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!