PDA

View Full Version : Champions League Draw.

ActualFacts
14-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Here is the Draw, Im writing this out while it is being drawn or not.

Arsenal vs Liverpool
(First Leg at Arsenal)

Roma vs Manchester United
(First Leg at Roma)

Schalke vs Barcelona
(First Leg at Schalke)

Fenerbahce vs Chelsea
(First Leg at Fenerbahce)

United.Road
14-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Champions League semi-final draw:
1 Arsenal/Liverpool v Fenerbahce/Chelsea
2 Schalke/Barcelona v AS Roma/Man Utd

very happy :D

ActualFacts
14-03-2008, 12:23 PM
I cba to add that atm.

Muniflex
14-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Here is the Draw, Im writing this out while it is being drawn or not.

Arsenal vs Liverpool
(First Leg at Arsenal)

Roma vs Manchester United
(First Leg at Roma)

Schalke vs Barcelona
(First Leg at Schalke)

Fenerbahce vs Chelsea
(First Leg at Fenerbahce)

Semi Final Draw

Arsenal or Liverpool vs Fenerbache or Chelsea

Schalke or Barca vs Roma or United

Arsenal Liverpool - Shame there was an all English match drawn but oh well. Should be a good couple of matches...

Roma vs Manchester United - If it goes anything liek the fgroup stages should be comfortable win again for United.

Schalke vs Barca - I wouldn't put it past Schalke to create an upset here. Barca will be without Messi who atm is the only player on form.

Fenerbache vs Chelsea - I can't see this being to much of a problem for Chelsea but you never know, people didn't expect Fenerbache to get this far through.....

Will be a good round im sure.

EDIT: Sorry United.Road, didn't realise you posted semis...

Greco!!
14-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Not a bad draw for us.. Liverpool are beatable but the semis look hard if chelsea win

Liverpool have to come down to the emirates twice in a week now as theres the prem match the saturday after the champions league lol
Just realised there's only a 1 week gap between the champions league matches now so we play liverpool 3 times in a week!

United.Road
14-03-2008, 12:34 PM
lool check arsenals fixtures

3/23 Chelski away
3/29 Bolton away
4/2 Liverpool home (CL)
4/5 Liverpool home (League)
4/9 Liverpool away (CL)
4/13 United away

Muniflex
14-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Not a bad draw for us.. Liverpool are beatable but the semis look hard if chelsea win

Liverpool have to come down to the emirates twice in a week now as theres the prem match the saturday after the champions league lol
Just realised there's only a 1 week gap between the champions league matches now so we play liverpool 3 times in a week!

Didn't that happen to Arsenal vs Liverpool last year?

FA Cup or something, premiership and i think Champions league? And liverpoll got there ***** kciked everytime, lol

Greco!!
14-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Didn't that happen to Arsenal vs Liverpool last year?

FA Cup or something, premiership and i think Champions league? And liverpoll got there ***** kciked everytime, lol

Ye we played them twice in a week at anfield in the carling cup and fa cup and won both :D

Muniflex
14-03-2008, 12:42 PM

3/23 Chelski away
3/29 Bolton away
4/2 Liverpool home (CL)
4/9 Liverpool away (CL)
4/13 United away

Minus Bolton, it not going ot be an easy couple of months.......

Greco!!
14-03-2008, 12:48 PM

3/23 Chelski away
3/29 Bolton away
4/2 Liverpool home (CL)
4/9 Liverpool away (CL)
4/13 United away

Ouch that is going to be a hard month!!
I just hope we dont lose any key players from injury during that time! *touches wood* lol

Muniflex
14-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Ouch that is going to be a hard month!!
I just hope we dont lose any key players from injury during that time! *touches wood* lol

You already have The Walcott doubtfull against Middlesborough. Hleb and Diaby out also i think.

United.Road
14-03-2008, 01:04 PM
draw was fixed

read this loool

http://forums.icnorthwest.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=33755&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

takes a while to load the page

Muniflex
14-03-2008, 01:06 PM
draw was fixed

read this loool

http://forums.icnorthwest.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=33755&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Wont load for me:(

What it say?

United.Road
14-03-2008, 01:08 PM
it was a thread where someone said that the draw had been leaked to him

he got every single tie right

and he posted 2 hours before the draw :s

where i found the link: http://www.redcafe.net/f7/cl-draw-fixed-leaked-191388/

his post:
Rumour going around draw has been leaked..... this is no doubt rubbish but if Rumour is true it's LFC - arsenal and Chelsea - fenerbache and manure v roma
No bookies will take bets on the draw either.......
Let the draw commence. Comeeee on!

Malachy
14-03-2008, 03:13 PM
it was a thread where someone said that the draw had been leaked to him

he got every single tie right

and he posted 2 hours before the draw :s

where i found the link: http://www.redcafe.net/f7/cl-draw-fixed-leaked-191388/

his post:
Rumour going around draw has been leaked..... this is no doubt rubbish but if Rumour is true it's LFC - arsenal and Chelsea - fenerbache and manure v roma
No bookies will take bets on the draw either.......
Let the draw commence. Comeeee on!
that's v.freaky
my predictions are that it will be lpool vs chelsea & barca vs man utd. been waiting to see barca vs united for years now :]
lpool vs barca final.

Meti
14-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Nice. And :O at Roma - Man Utd.. Again :D But this time Roma will win ;)

Mortalized
14-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Im just looking forward to another 7 goal rout.

O.0

EverSteve
14-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona, AS Roma [I hope] - to go through.

United.Road
14-03-2008, 03:19 PM
draw was a fix!!!!!!!!

Minstrels
14-03-2008, 03:21 PM
draw was fixed

read this loool

Wonder what the tabloids will make out of that...

United.Road
14-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Wonder what the tabloids will make out of that...
dunno loads of people have been mailing them though lol

Minstrels
14-03-2008, 03:26 PM
dunno loads of people have been mailing them though lol
Yeah and the bookies wouldn't have taken bets... well that's what that site says. I didn't see the draw as I was out people are saying their was only one man doing the draw with a bowl which looks like he could have seen the balls... is this true? :O

--ss--
14-03-2008, 03:45 PM
found out about these in fourth period (Good old BBC) , Everyone's saying Liverpool are going to be Arsenal but tbh liverpool have been doing quite bad lately.
Also ManU have it quite easy against Roma again lol.

Geraint
14-03-2008, 03:53 PM
I don't think the Liverpool fans are too happy with this draw. They don't seem to be bragging that they are going to win it. I think Arsenal have a good chance.

Everyone saying Man Utd will beat Roma again. Roma have gone better. They beat Madrid home and away.

Chelsea should beat Fernebache but Fernebache are very good at home.

Good draws for the British teams.

Jordie
14-03-2008, 03:54 PM
United
Chelsea
Arsenal

I Reckon

StefanCampbell
14-03-2008, 03:59 PM
found out about these in fourth period (Good old BBC) , Everyone's saying Liverpool are going to be Arsenal but tbh liverpool have been doing quite bad lately.

Liverpool over the last 7 games have the best form in the premier league? :rolleyes:

Wootzeh
14-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Will they have to redo the draw?

Minstrels
14-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Depends if the tabloids pick the subject up.

Geraint
14-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Strangely enough when your talking about it being fixed, I found out the draw at 12:48 but it said on Sky Sports News that the draw was 1:00.

Andeeh
14-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Man U and Chelsea get the easy route and dont deserve to win tbh.

I hope Liverpool win!

United.Road
14-03-2008, 04:52 PM
i bet they will

its a obvious fix though

Nereo
14-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Chelsea will win
Man Utd will win
Barca wil win
Arsenal will win
:D

Scouse
14-03-2008, 05:14 PM

are you being serious?

we've won our last 6 matches

inter milan 2 - 0
middlesbrough 3 - 2
bolton 3 - 1
west ham 4 - 0
newcastle 3 - 0
inter milan 1 - 0

how is that bad?

im confident liverpool will go through with the form we are on recently & the way we play in europe.

United.Road
14-03-2008, 05:16 PM
are you being serious?

inter milan 2 - 0
middlesbrough 3 - 2
bolton 3 - 1
west ham 4 - 0
newcastle 3 - 0
inter milan 1 - 0

how is that bad?

im confident liverpool will go through with the form we are on recently & the way we play in europe.
yeh i agree with you... liverpool have been playing pretty well recently. arsenal have been awful recently so --ss-- clearly doesnt known what he is on about.

and for bluemoon : appearing in the papers already lool http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/03/14/mystery-as-champions-league-draw-appears-on-internet-two-hours-early-89520-20351088/

United.Road
14-03-2008, 05:37 PM
cant edit

more links about it being fixed
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=516631&cc=5739
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/03/14/ufndraw114.xml
uefa are liars

Pyroka
14-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Champions League semi-final draw:
Arsenal v Liverpool
Fenerbahce v Chelsea
Schalke v Barcelona
AS Roma v Man Utd

I can see Roma having a good crack at it you know. Manchester United aren't invincible, and Roma is a bloody good team with a good history getting into semi's. It only takes one slip really. Arsenal & Liverpool will be interesting, and I would love Arsenal to win personally. Liverpool just haven't been up to scratch this season, and I just don't think they deserve it. Schalke and Barca will be... Intrieguging.

Fenerbahce & Chelsea though, this one's got me all in a tizzy. I can see Fenerbahce going quite a length in this competition, and Chelsea (judging by their current state of play), have a big chance of losing that. Fenerbahce are like the Barnsley of the Champions League you could say, but I seriously think they could beat Chelsea. Whoever went up against Fenerbahce I would say were very unlucky you know.

Minstrels
14-03-2008, 07:15 PM
and for bluemoon : appearing in the papers already lool http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/03/14/mystery-as-champions-league-draw-appears-on-internet-two-hours-early-89520-20351088/
Init I saw that lool. I'm laughing at UEFA here, they are a shambles. The corrupt ****'s have been caught red handed. :D

Mortalized
14-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Man U and Chelsea get the easy route and dont deserve to win tbh.

I hope Liverpool win!

So if we got barcelona we'd deserve to win? :/

it's the luck of the draw.. :rolleyes:

Simmzay
14-03-2008, 09:10 PM
So you guys saw the post on Liverpoolecho, too? I'm wondering if it was fixed. I mean, if I recall correctly, they had the home teams down 100% too. That's even harder to predict than just the eight teams playing.

That confuses me though, because, why would UEFA want Roma and United again? Do they want the fans to beat each other up? It just doesn't make sense.

graffiti
14-03-2008, 09:12 PM
thanks for the info
manu will batter roma again like last time
sumut like 7-1

United.Road
14-03-2008, 09:17 PM
thanks for the info
manu will batter roma again like last time
sumut like 7-1
:eusa_naug

7-1 again? i doubt it mate, roma are a very good team

Disaronno
14-03-2008, 09:59 PM
are you being serious?

inter milan 2 - 0
middlesbrough 3 - 2
bolton 3 - 1
west ham 4 - 0
newcastle 3 - 0
inter milan 1 - 0

how is that bad?

Accept for Inter (who arsenal beat 5-1) its not exacltly hard fixtures is it. Not saying you never played well and that Arsenal are great and all we can do is draw. But, you say youve been good when youve only beaten those teams. And yes, last season we played you 3 times and i think it was 3-1,3-1,6-3 all to us :)

Geraint
14-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Accept for Inter (who arsenal beat 5-1) its not exacltly hard fixtures is it. Not saying you never played well and that Arsenal are great and all we can do is draw. But, you say youve been good when youve only beaten those teams. And yes, last season we played you 3 times and i think it was 3-1,3-1,6-3 all to us :)

4 times last season. 3-0 at the Emirates, 3-1 in the F.A. Cup, 6-3 in the Carling Cup and 1-4 at Anfield.

Minstrels
14-03-2008, 10:51 PM
So you guys saw the post on Liverpoolecho, too? I'm wondering if it was fixed. I mean, if I recall correctly, they had the home teams down 100% too. That's even harder to predict than just the eight teams playing.

That confuses me though, because, why would UEFA want Roma and United again? Do they want the fans to beat each other up? It just doesn't make sense.
Roma are the easiest team their with out it making it look like it's so obv that it's been fixed so tomorrow when the tabloids so all the stuff UEFA can just say 'Why would we want the Roma fans to **** the United fans?'. Which also means that a semi or even a final of United vs Barca or Arsenal would be very attractive which would mean millions would tune in.

Simmzay
14-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Roma will be easy? I don't think so. Chelsea have it toughest though, Turkey is the last place I'd want to play an away match.

Minstrels
14-03-2008, 11:13 PM
Roma will be easy? I don't think so. Chelsea have it toughest though, Turkey is the last place I'd want to play an away match.
Nooooooooooooooooooo! If they made it too easy for 'em UEFA wouldn't have had out to go on tomorrow... if you get me. >.>

Scouse
15-03-2008, 12:07 AM

? whats that got to do with anything? he said we've been playing bad recently and all i said is we havent and showed proof and said im confident we can go through? :s also, thats last season... alot can change & alot has changed since last season.

we'll just have to wait and see, wont we?

Pyroka
15-03-2008, 12:36 AM
:eusa_naug

7-1 again? i doubt it mate, roma are a very good team

I love you, because you make sense. At least there's one manchester supporter who doesn't underestimate the power of Roma. They could beat Man Utd if they put the full effort into it, and it only takes one error to lose a game, right? Roma have just got to go out and win it. Good luck to Man Utd though.

Another who speaks sense. Andeeh, you said Chelsea have it the easiest but I could bet a pretty penny Chelsea have a big chance of getting knocked out by Fenerbahce. They're no team to underestimate, especially if they've gotten this far. It's a large, hard tournement and it requires more than just luck to win. They've got the skill to match it. Turkey would be hell to play, in that heat though...

Disaronno
15-03-2008, 10:48 AM
? whats that got to do with anything? he said we've been playing bad recently and all i said is we havent and showed proof and said im confident we can go through? :s also, thats last season... alot can change & alot has changed since last season.

we'll just have to wait and see, wont we?

And what i said is that you should win half if not ALL of those games you played. They werent exactly hard, so yea, you won but until you beat Arsenal/Chelsea/United then i wont say anything has changed since last season

Jordie
15-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Turkey has an hostile atmosphere and with a team like chelsea there it will be even worse.

will be difficult game there for them but i think they will edge it

Scouse
15-03-2008, 03:06 PM
And what i said is that you should win half if not ALL of those games you played. They werent exactly hard, so yea, you won but until you beat Arsenal/Chelsea/United then i wont say anything has changed since last season

first game with chelsea we drawn.
first game with arsenal we drawn.
first game with man u we lost.
second game with chelsea we won. (carling cup)
third game with chelsea we drawn.

still have arsenal & man u still to play.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!