PDA

View Full Version : IT BTEC

Pyroka
14-03-2008, 06:12 PM
To be more precise, National Diploma for IT Practitioners.

It's probably the hardest course I've ever done... Then again, THE ONLY course I've ever done rofl. Either way, I'm bladdy knackered. I just had to hand in my Unit 18 (Programming) work in, and I'm serious when I say I had so much to do on it, and I'm knackered. It's only gonna get worse too, with the amount of work 'coming to get me'... BLAH!

Anyone else on this course? I know Skaterchu is lol, it's a Ryan thing.

Firehorse
14-03-2008, 06:25 PM
BTEC IT?

I didn't know there was a BTEC for that? I knew there was CIDA, DIDA and also Miicrosoft Academy in my school but I'm pretty darn sure there wasn't BTEC IT on the list :S

Wootzeh
14-03-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm in year 11 and thinknig of taking it lol, so is it any good? :D

benjamin
14-03-2008, 06:27 PM
ooh i'm taking national diploma in business and apparantly they are very simular.

Swearwolf
14-03-2008, 06:29 PM
im on exact course

Pyroka
14-03-2008, 06:29 PM
BTEC IT?

I didn't know there was a BTEC for that? I knew there was CIDA, DIDA and also Miicrosoft Academy in my school but I'm pretty darn sure there wasn't BTEC IT on the list :S

I'm in Year 12 lol. =P I did DiDA, it was an intense course and well worth it. I was 2 marks off an A* but I thoroughly enjoyed it and came out with more experience than the grade shows.

I'm in year 11 and thinknig of taking it lol, so is it any good? :D

Are you talking about the Software Development Stream version of the National Diploma course? There's different types, but that's the one I'm doing. Tbh, my course has seriously mucked up because our teachers have all left the College, but we're doing better than previous years ironically. It's an enjoyable course, but the first year is painful sometimes. You gotta have drive to get through the first year, and as for the second year, it's going to be awesome. We're using XNA (Xbox Arcade) technology to build games, and serverside technology. Woo.

I'd reccomend it personally, but I'd check to make sure your College/Sixth form have a good record for previous years. Best way to check it out really.

Orangeesh
14-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Im starting this in september..
took this year out after finishing GCSE's

SlowJams
14-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Im also doing this course at the moment.
All passes on my units (1,2,4,6,12 and 24)atm going for merits then maybe distinctions :D

Minstrels
14-03-2008, 07:37 PM
lololol I'm too l33t for you all and doing Cida, can't beat it bruv.

Pyroka
15-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Im also doing this course at the moment.
All passes on my units (1,2,4,6,12 and 24)atm going for merits then maybe distinctions :D

I've got for merits & distinctions on all my units. Done Unit 10 & 18 (which I just submitted today), and I'm currently progressing through Unit 1, 6, 7 and 14. I start another batch next week, on the tuesday. The advanced spreadsheets one is evil for us, seriously. It's hell of alot of VB coding for us, and same with 18. Unit 1 we're only slow on because our teacher went insane, and unit 7 our teacher had time off as she was diagnosed with something sadly... she's back now though, all fine. unit 14 was all ready to complete for may, but she got the assignments so badly written up, we've got till july! LOL

lololol I'm too l33t for you all and doing Cida, can't beat it bruv.

lol, i did dida, screw you.

ooh i'm taking national diploma in business and apparantly they are very simular.

they aren't... well, sort of are but we're more indepth.

Typoh
15-03-2008, 09:18 AM
I'm taking IT OCR Nation in ICT. Long i know.
Its practicly the same allthough.

The Professor
15-03-2008, 09:18 PM
As above ^

I've opted for an IT course in year 12, I have no idea what its official name is though :P Don't think its a BTEC though. All I know is that theres a programming unit using visual basic.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!