PDA

View Full Version : Ford 6000 CD EOS (Cd changer Compatible) iPod adaption

Jin
16-03-2008, 07:37 PM
I am trying to help a friend with his ford fiesta (2001), he has the 6000cd eos rds player (cd and radio only no AUX) and would rather mod his iPod in as there aren't enough cd's in the world to hold his music.

I have gotten past stage one of removing the stereo with a coat hanger, had a look at the connections and the only way I could think of would be building building a picoamp and modding it between his iPod and wiring loom there is the issue of mono sound though and a 9v battery.

Does anyone know of any elegant adapters that can be purchases for < £50 that are compatible with his stereo.

Apparent connect 2 do one but its around £70 which he could buy a brand new stereo for.

Nereo
16-03-2008, 08:27 PM
At tesco they seel this thing its like an adapter. You put it into your tape player and plug your ipod into it from a wire that comes out of the tape but i dunno if thats any good:D

Metric1
16-03-2008, 09:07 PM
The MONSTER iCarplay is awesome if you don't want to go any further/

Technologic
16-03-2008, 09:41 PM
At tesco they seel this thing its like an adapter. You put it into your tape player and plug your ipod into it from a wire that comes out of the tape but i dunno if thats any good:D
Who in god's name has a car with a tape player anymore?

Metric1
16-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Who in god's name has a car with a tape player anymore?

a lot of cars do..

Jin
17-03-2008, 08:52 AM

The MONSTER iCarplay is awesome if you don't want to go any further/

Sorry should have mentioned this, there isn't a tape player to have a tape to 3.5mm jack adapter.

He wants a wired system because he has steering controls. FM transmitters arent compatible with steering controls.

Adam$
17-03-2008, 07:25 PM
for a very good one (you'll have to stretch your budget) you should buy an aftermarket DIN-sized CD player (alpine, jvc, pioneer, etc) and an iPod adapter. You can control your iPod via your stereo, it's great.

Metric1
17-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Sorry should have mentioned this, there isn't a tape player to have a tape to 3.5mm jack adapter.

He wants a wired system because he has steering controls. FM transmitters arent compatible with steering controls.

they won't control the ipod, they will control the volume.

Adam$
17-03-2008, 11:08 PM
if he has steering controls and goes for an aftermarket head unit (as I have mentioned above) then he will need a Sony headunit, as that is the only one compatible with steering controls.

GTA-Andy
18-03-2008, 09:56 PM
If you want an offical Fiesta model 6.5 AUX input check out http://www.ukfiestanetwork.com/index.php? for a guide. I retro fitted one.

Metric1
19-03-2008, 12:15 AM
If you want an offical Fiesta model 6.5 AUX input check out http://www.ukfiestanetwork.com/index.php? for a guide. I retro fitted one.

aux imputs won't allow the driver to control the ipod w/ steering wheel controls.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!