PDA

View Full Version : Javier Mascherano. Was he right to be sent off?

Clowgon
23-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Dam right so. Everytime a decsion went against liverpool he went right up to his face. The ref had enough and sent him off. Im sure many reffs have seen this game and will do the same. Liverpool showed no respect to the ref.:P

Immenseman
23-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Yeah referee defintely made the right decision. It was literally every decision he would run up to the referee and shout in his face. Even when Liverpool won free-kicks he'd do it trying to get the united players booked. Good decision in my opinion.

Muniflex
23-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Of course he should.
Numerous offensives of decent he asked for it.

Xeck
23-03-2008, 06:33 PM
The ref was patient with him imo. He should have shut up long before he got sent off. :l

Muniflex
23-03-2008, 06:35 PM
The ref was patient with him imo. He should have shut up long before he got sent off. :l

Completley agreed.

The other Liverpool players could have prevented it also. Especially Gerrad. As captain it is his job to keep his players in line. Just tell him ot shut up and all could have been avoided.

mangle
23-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Well done Steve Bennet imo.

Muniflex
23-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Well done Steve Bennet imo.

On that decision. But i don'y think Torres should have been cautioned. Obviosuly we don't know exactly what he said to Steve - he may have deserved it. But even if Torres wasn't booked Mascherrano would have just been sent off after the next decision the referee made. Every single decision Bennet made he was there critiscing him!

Pillsbury
23-03-2008, 07:06 PM
I didnt see him go up after every decision cos I was kinda half watching it while on my computer, which is why I thought no, but since so many people are saying he kept going up then yea. Torres should not have been booked though. I think Torres getting booked caused him to go up to the ref since one of the replays of it showed Mascherano whilst Torres was talking to the ref and as soon as the yellow came out he started walking over.

I would just like to say, the last sentence in the first post here is a load of crap since it was only mascherano who questioned the refs decisions and he got what he deserved.

Muniflex
23-03-2008, 07:08 PM
I didnt see him go up after every decision cos I was kinda half watching it while on my computer, which is why I thought no, but since so many people are saying he kept going up then yea. Torres should not have been booked though. I think Torres getting booked caused him to go up to the ref since one of the replays of it showed Mascherano whilst Torres was talking to the ref and as soon as the yellow came out he started walking over.

There was still no need for Mascherrano to be there. He ran about 25 yards across the pitch to complain. He was already walking a tight rope and that was just a stupid thing to do. But like i said, if it wasn't that decision it would have been the next one.

I like the rule the FA have made where the Captain, and him only can have a word if he doesn't agree.

Chelsea are the worst team for this though.

Pillsbury
23-03-2008, 07:15 PM
I didnt think theyd made that a rule yet? Surely if they had he would have been sent off right away? I like that though, even though Gerrard only goes up to the ref if the incident involves him.

Muniflex
23-03-2008, 07:21 PM
I didnt think theyd made that a rule yet? Surely if they had he would have been sent off right away? I like that though, even though Gerrard only goes up to the ref if the incident involves him.

Lol

Im not sure but i thought they had.:S

Pillsbury
23-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Nah I heard it on the radio this morning that John Terry said he would be in favour of it, not he is happy it has come around. Then the radio guy said hes one of the causes of the idea lol. Him and his Chelsea krew

Turnip
23-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Deserved the red card
All he was doing was trying to wind up utd, and the mouthing off the ref.
:).

Geraint
23-03-2008, 07:53 PM
If Ashley Cole hadn't done anything in the week, he wouldn't have been sent off.

Clowgon
23-03-2008, 09:05 PM

Lol i know Gerrard never came up. Good on him.:P

bizzle
23-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Yep he should of been sent of and he was :)

Jamie!
23-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Thought it was fairly harsh to be honest, the ref lost control of the game when he booked Torres.

Obvioulsy Mascherano was asking for it when he went over, but all he was asking was why he had felt the need to book him, he never went over throwing his arms about or anything like that. Bennet has even said that he never even swore or used abusive language.

BUT... since that jock **** Andy Gray says he shouldn't have been sent off, I'm going to have say he did deserve it just for the crack!

Muniflex
24-03-2008, 01:01 AM
Thought it was fairly harsh to be honest, the ref lost control of the game when he booked Torres.

Obvioulsy Mascherano was asking for it when he went over, but all he was asking was why he had felt the need to book him, he never went over throwing his arms about or anything like that. Bennet has even said that he never even swore or used abusive language.

BUT... since that jock **** Andy Gray says he shouldn't have been sent off, I'm going to have say he did deserve it just for the crack!

He deserved it as it happened numerous times!!!!!!!!!!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!