PDA

View Full Version : Tony Blair or Gordon Brown?

The Professor
27-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Who was the better prime minister, Tony Blair or Gordon Brown?

Personally I prefer Tony Blair because he was more of a character, Gordon Brown seems a bit monotonous and miserable. He made a couple of mistakes (Iraq war anyone?) but on the whole I think he did a good job, the country was in pretty good condition when he left. People slate politicians all the time, so I don't think he got the recognition he deserved. Gordon Brown doesn't want to seem to do anything mildly interesting, he seems to keep his head down a lot.

Bomb-Head
27-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Personally I would say Tony Blair.

cunning
27-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Tony Blair did his job, and so many people criticized him. I believe that Blair is better.

-:Undertaker:-
27-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Tony Blair made the bad decisions & Gordon Brown signed the cheques for them decisions. Labour have plunged this country into debt, into an illegal war and now our economy is facing trouble because they haven't saved any money for troubled waters.

alexxxxx
27-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Tony Blair made the bad decisions & Gordon Brown signed the cheques for them decisions. Labour have plunged this country into debt, into an illegal war and now our economy is facing trouble because they haven't saved any money for troubled waters.

That wasn't an answer to the question.

I don't really have a preference. They're really the same.

Frodo13.
27-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Tony Blair - he was a great PM, and I think with time, history will prove this. Fact is, Tony Blair was on of the most popular PMs. In many polls to find out who people believe was the greatest PM, he always comes in at about 4th and 5th. I think if he hadn't gone to Iraq, he would still be in office today.

Wig44.
27-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Tony Blair has had his time. He won't be PM again. He did well but it would be a bad decision to put him PM again now. I hope we get a new pm at the next elections. Gordon Brown doesn't cut it.

-:Undertaker:-
28-03-2008, 05:09 PM
;4591906']That wasn't an answer to the question.

I don't really have a preference. They're really the same.

It is.

The reply to the question is - both are just as crap as one another. The two have them have played a major part in destroying this country in various ways.

Tony Blair will only ever remain popular in Scotland mainly because they hate the Conservatives. Tony Blair is hated in my country (England).

jrh2002
28-03-2008, 07:22 PM
I would say they are both as bad as each other but at least the do gooders voted mr blair in to power. gordon brown is unelected and should go and look after his own country and leave us english to try and repair whats left of ours.

Browney
28-03-2008, 07:40 PM
It is.

The reply to the question is - both are just as crap as one another. The two have them have played a major part in destroying this country in various ways.

Tony Blair will only ever remain popular in Scotland mainly because they hate the Conservatives. Tony Blair is hated in my country (England).

YOUR country? :P I dont think I hate him.

Brown hasn't had a chance to prove himself as yet. But I suppose Blair wasn't so bad. He was there to help bring peace in N. Ireland.

Jordy
29-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Gordon Brown was responsible for a lot of 'ruining' Britain in Blair's era, just as much as Blair was even though he was the PM. I think it's got worse since Brown has became PM and clearly Blair is better if he has won 3 election's and fought off Brown in the beginning. Brown is to much of a control freak to even risk losing power.

Aarcn
07-04-2008, 09:26 PM
I hate Tony Blair even more than George Bush. He is a man who knows that his only chance of getting influence on the world stage is by sucking up to the US government. He must have known of the pentagon material when he made the decision to lie about the weapons of mass distraction.

Tony Blair has 'sold his soul to the devil' for the sake of his own vanity. He knowingly tells the US nothing but what it wants to hear. He is scum. But he has no real influence, so criticism of him is not really relevant.

I don't really know enough about Clinton to comment. However, he did initiate the Israel Palestine agreement, and acted as an impartial in the Northern Ireland peace treaty, which is good. He became 'one of the boys' when he pointlessly bombed Baghdad after the assasination attempt on George Bush Senior, which is bad. (They should have dropped money, not explosives, and let them finish the job).

My understanding is that George Bush senior is the only ex-president who exercises his right to CIA briefings. Furthermore, I very much doubt that the CIA would give a democrat president accurate briefings anyway, such is (my perception of) the power of the US miliatary industrial block. Back and to the left. Back and to the left...

07-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Before labour came into government, this country was in a bad state and believe it or not they did make changes which made the country a lot better, so im saying blair.

Technologic
08-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Tony Blair, some may not like it but he improved this country a lot, especially with the NHS (don't even ask) Gordon brown seems determined on reversing blair's actions and removing everything that is essentially british.

I vote blair

Firehorse
08-04-2008, 02:38 PM
This is personal opinion rather than debate, just asking people.

I would say Tony Blair as he had the spark that Gordon doesn't. Plus Tony won the elections multiple times and Gordon hasn't at all, postponing them is making people dislike him even more.

Misawa
09-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Both are better off pushing daisies.

Dippindonut1
28-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Don't know, Don't care. Gordon Browns Hair is funny and Tony Blairs face was funny. :)

Antony
29-04-2008, 01:08 AM
Tony Blair, he was better, Don't like Gordon Brown especially that stupid thing he does with his mouth when he speaks.

Nuxty
29-04-2008, 08:58 AM
I don't mind either of them, I personally feel that Tony could run Labour better than Gordon. But well, if these Tories come in they say when were 16 we go to do our service to improve the "Youth" of England. Not gonna work mateeeee to many distruptivers already the army wont change em. :)

PriceTags
29-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Tony Blair, he was better, Don't like Gordon Brown especially that stupid thing he does with his mouth when he speaks.

That stupid mouth thing was because he was in a car crash or something. He's also blind in his left eye due to a rugby accident if that makes any difference to your political views too.

Finkelstien
29-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Tony Blair.

Lyrical.Troop
29-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Tony Blair.

I never even hear anything Gordon Brown has done.

Sometimes i forget his the pm.

Lycan
29-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Tony Blair

Gordon brown is causing me to rethink voting labour at the next election - after all hes planned to make eco towns and makes hundreds of thousands of new houses on rural land and wildlife

The Professor
30-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Tony Blair.

I never even hear anything Gordon Brown has done.

Sometimes i forget his the pm.

Have to agree there, was watching Have I got News For You on iPlayer earlier and Ian Hislop said "Gordon Brown, our Prime Minister..." and i was like "what?"... then it clicked :P

Firehorse
30-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Tony Blair was better. He was elected and Gordon Brown knows he's not going to last so he's moved the elections so he can keep power longer. I think it's stupid, if he did his job well then people would vote for him anyway.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!