PDA

View Full Version : Ferguson angry at Fletcher injury

Clowgon
28-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has blamed "futile" friendlies for the absence of midfielder Darren Fletcher with a knee ligament injury. Fletcher, 24, played 90 minutes for Scotland against Croatia in midweek, but will now be out for six weeks.
"We've had a bad blow with Darren and it emphasises the futility of playing these friendly games," said Ferguson.
"He should have played for 45 or 60 minutes at most, but he played the full game so he's out for six weeks."
Fletcher was left out of United's squad for the 3-0 win over Liverpool last weekend, but recovered sufficiently to play in George Burley's first game in charge of Scotland.

Why is he still playing for us? He is crap. I know why... SCOTTISH :P

Minstrels
28-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has blamed "futile" friendlies for the absence of midfielder Darren Fletcher with a knee ligament injury. Fletcher, 24, played 90 minutes for Scotland against Croatia in midweek, but will now be out for six weeks.
"We've had a bad blow with Darren and it emphasises the futility of playing these friendly games," said Ferguson.
"He should have played for 45 or 60 minutes at most, but he played the full game so he's out for six weeks."
Fletcher was left out of United's squad for the 3-0 win over Liverpool last weekend, but recovered sufficiently to play in George Burley's first game in charge of Scotland.

Why is he still playing for us? He is crap. I know why... SCOTTISH :P
Last time I checked your manager was Scottish. :eusa_whis

Clowgon
28-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Last time I checked your manager was Scottish. :eusa_whis

Yep. Even bloody Quinton Fortune was better then him. I tell you now, if Darren wasnt scottish, he whould have allready been out of the door.

Minstrels
28-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Yep. Even bloody Quinton Fortune was better then him. I tell you now, if Darren wasnt scottish, he whould have allready been out of the door.
Your probably right there, shows how arrogant 'The Sir' can be.

Nereo
28-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Fletcher isnt really a big player for them anyawy with the depth they have

:G.M.T:
28-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Sorry did any of you not see Fletchers performance against arsenal? I know I sure did and he ran them ragged. I haven't been a massive fan of Fletcher in the past but he is beginning to win me over as he is improving greatly game by game.

I felt that Fletcher has brought it on himself tbh as he was recovering from a knee injury for the scottish game but Fletcher wanted to play even though he wasn't 100% fit.

bizzle
28-03-2008, 07:38 PM
who give a toss if hes scottish

Clowgon
28-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Sorry did any of you not see Fletchers performance against arsenal? I know I sure did and he ran them ragged. I haven't been a massive fan of Fletcher in the past but he is beginning to win me over as he is improving greatly game by game.

I felt that Fletcher has brought it on himself tbh as he was recovering from a knee injury for the scottish game but Fletcher wanted to play even though he wasn't 100% fit.

Lmao :P

Muniflex
29-03-2008, 01:07 AM

Sorry but i agree 100% with that.

He has scored some vital goals for united, including 2 against Arsenal and last season the winner agaisnt Chelsea.

He is improving - not a constant 1st team player but is getting there...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!