PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm...

You
28-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Right, the case that my laptop screen is in is broke, i have to hold the screen with one hand because the hinges are broke... So does anyone know where i can get a new screen case for my laptop? I think it's 15 or 17 inch screen.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l172/Esurient/Real%20Life/Picture021.jpg

Stephen!
28-03-2008, 11:33 PM
I think your best bet is to contact dell if it's still in warrenty. If not, then you might have a chance looking on ebay or something.

N!ck
28-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Is it still under waranty? And why is the picture from 2004? Guessing the camera was reset?

Is there no way of fixing it back on as it doesn't look like any of the plastic is damaged or cracked.

RolexSweep
28-03-2008, 11:38 PM
http://www.ohupload.com/files/1206747505.png

Edited by lAscend (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

Dentafrice
28-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Can you not slide that screw back in? I don't see any damaged plastic like N!ck said, what exactly is broke on it?

All I see is that the hinge has worked it's way off of the screw.

You
28-03-2008, 11:41 PM
I think your best bet is to contact dell if it's still in warrenty. If not, then you might have a chance looking on ebay or something.
Nope, it's not under warrenty.

Is it still under waranty? And why is the picture from 2004? Guessing the camera was reset?

Is there no way of fixing it back on as it doesn't look like any of the plastic is damaged or cracked.

No it isn't. Yeah the camera was reset but it's an old picture, it's the only one i had to describe what i was on about, it's worse now and there isn't away to fix it back on as the plastic has snapped. ><

Can you not slide that screw back in? I don't see any damaged plastic like N!ck said, what exactly is broke on it?

All I see is that the hinge has worked it's way off of the screw.

As i said, that picture is old, it's worse now and the plastic has snapped off :(

Dentafrice
28-03-2008, 11:43 PM
Can't you just snap the other part off, and lean it against something?

I have never heard of a replacement case for a laptop monitor.. if it was me:

I would just rip the monitor off the case, unplug it from the motherboard, and buy a cheap LCD monitor.

Nli.
28-03-2008, 11:45 PM
You took that picture about 6 months ago? So why post it now?

Kieran
28-03-2008, 11:46 PM
You wont be able to replace the casing i dont think. Your best bet is let Dell repair it at a cost to you as all the electronics will need moving to a new case which you might not be able to manage yourself. If you can, Ebay is your bet with a damaged product in the same casing.

Dentafrice
28-03-2008, 11:47 PM
It has gotten worse.. he said it..

You
28-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Can't you just snap the other part off, and lean it against something?

I have never heard of a replacement case for a laptop monitor.. if it was me:

I would just rip the monitor off the case, unplug it from the motherboard, and buy a cheap LCD monitor.

Both sides are broke :P and it's annoying holding it, thanks anyway.

Does it really matter?

You wont be able to replace the casing i dont think. Your best bet is let Dell repair it at a cost to you as all the electronics will need moving to a new case which you might not be able to manage yourself. If you can, Ebay is your bet with a damaged product in the same casing.

Hmm, ok cheers.

:job2
29-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Tbh you would probably be better buying a brand new laptop than repairing that one and maybe transferring RAM over to new one as it will be really expensive to fix that as someone's already said.

www.ebuyer.com
www.amazon.co.uk
www.play.com

They all do cheep laptops :)

Xeros
29-03-2008, 10:15 AM
To be honest with you. I have a dell laptop, and im 3 months out of warranty however Dell still seem to cover me. They know quite well that i am out of warranty but still send me free adapters when something breaks. So yh try emailing them. They sent me a brand new keyboard for my laptop when it broke :)

You
29-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Tbh you would probably be better buying a brand new laptop than repairing that one and maybe transferring RAM over to new one as it will be really expensive to fix that as someone's already said.

www.ebuyer.com (http://www.ebuyer.com)
www.amazon.co.uk (http://www.amazon.co.uk)
www.play.com (http://www.play.com)

They all do cheep laptops :)
Nah, it's only got 256MB ram :P, was going to update it if i could get a case thing for it. Cheers anyway!

To be honest with you. I have a dell laptop, and im 3 months out of warranty however Dell still seem to cover me. They know quite well that i am out of warranty but still send me free adapters when something breaks. So yh try emailing them. They sent me a brand new keyboard for my laptop when it broke :)
Hmm, mines about 3 years out of warrenty but i'll chance it :P. thanks!

Xeros
29-03-2008, 01:47 PM
lmao! oh right. Still never know ;)

Dell are quite generous when it comes to support though. So far ive got
5 Chargers
1 KeyBoard
1 Battery pack

from them out of warranty lol :)
Good luck

29-03-2008, 01:48 PM
your best bet is to send it back to dell allthough it might cost a bit

Decode
29-03-2008, 02:49 PM
My screen is doing exactly the same thing! on the left the hinge is fully come off and on the right its starting to come off. I was wondering, how does the screen display someting when its not attatched to the rest of the laptop?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!