PDA

View Full Version : Halal - Right or Wrong?

jrh2002
29-03-2008, 11:41 AM
I am asking if you think the way halal meat is prepared is right or wrong.
We seem to be having animal rights etc sticking their noses into certain things but they never dare mention this and can only think its because it offends muslims.

Halal basically is slitting the throat of an animal and leaving it to bleed to death to get all the impurities out of the animal and draining its blood. Surely a bolt to the head and instant death (in most cases unless theres a mistake) is better than leaving something to suffer and bleed to death.
Alot of people have no idea what halal actually is and I personally think it should be banned from being performed in the UK.

This is what is said but i have my doubts about it and believe if religeon was not the reason for it this would no way be alllowed to happen.

Allows for draining most of the blood out;
Causes no stress to the animal;
Does not cause death before the actual slaughter;
Found with no fault in any scientific study;
Proved to be humane’ , causing no “pain” or suffering or cruelty, even to a few individual animals;
Causes no damaging or harmful effects to the quality of the meat;
Found to be a sure way of death (reliable);
Found to be irreversible (slowly and gradually progressing to death);
With only one way of killing (direct method);
To be practical and realistic; quick and easy to perform in any society, in any place;
‘Very economical’ (not a lot of machinery and equipment, etc.);
Being more familiar to the animal, with less machinery and restraint (with a less threatening atmosphere);
Safe to perform (no electricity, gas or shocks, etc.);
Accepted by the community consuming the meat;
Liked by the slaughter man, with no psychological ill-effects on him;
Blessed for the believers by ALLAH (s.w.t).

Read up on it here
http://www.azhar.jp/info/halal-eng/halal5.html

Enjoy your kebab tonight ;)

Hushie
29-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Well I'm a vegetarian as it is, but I don't really think halal is very humane. Not being disrespectful to muslims though.

Virgin Mary
29-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Proved to be humane’ , causing no “pain” or suffering or cruelty, even to a few individual animals;
To be practical and realistic; quick and easy to perform in any society, in any place;
Being more familiar to the animal, with less machinery and restraint (with a less threatening atmosphere);

Read up on it here

I suppose this list was written up by a witch doctor of some sort. Oh well, it's so flawed you don't really need to say anything.

Roboevil
29-03-2008, 12:04 PM

How would cutting something's throat not cause pain? ;S

Those are just funny.

Whoever thinks all this is a nutjob.

jrh2002
29-03-2008, 12:09 PM
I suppose this list was written up by a witch doctor of some sort. Oh well, it's so flawed you don't really need to say anything.

Some proffessor from what i read :o

How would cutting something's throat not cause pain? ;S

Those are just funny.

Whoever thinks all this is a nutjob.

I have to agree with you 100% on all your comments.

Minstrels
29-03-2008, 12:12 PM
It seems silly how cutting it's throat wont course pain...

-Xiangu-
29-03-2008, 12:43 PM
i think it should be done fasster

Jordy
29-03-2008, 01:05 PM
It's a Muslim/Arab tradition as far as I'm aware. I'm also a vegetarian but I respect Muslim's decisions and I doubt it's that painful the animal, 20 seconds of excruciating pain I guess, not much more. It's an ideal, safe, cheap and easy method in poorer Arab and Muslim countries so I guess we should leave them to it and respect their decision. I'm not going to go into my opinion on it as I think they have a reasonable argument and we have to respect their religions and traditions.

Just as long as they don't bring Halal meat into British tradition's I don't mind.

Wig44.
29-03-2008, 01:05 PM
It seems a very arsyvarsy way of killing something. Sure it is their religion but that doesn't mean everyone has to respect halal. I certainly don't.

Kardan
29-03-2008, 01:09 PM
People have their own beliefs so I won't debate on that, but personally I wouldn't eat meat if the animal was slaughtered in that way...

GhostFace-
29-03-2008, 01:14 PM
dosent matter to me, as long as the animal doesnt suffer, and in this case the animal didnt suffer.

ive seen a sheep get killed and prepared the halal way.

Virgin Mary
29-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Well I didn't know, why has it never been used as an execution technique, it'd certainly be cheap?

Jordy
29-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Well I didn't know, why has it never been used as an execution technique, it'd certainly be cheap?Well it wouldn't be classed as humane due to all the blood and the minute of pain. There is similar method's though, the guillotine and beheading being two, neither are really used these days much, certainly not in the West.

-Xiangu-
29-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Guilotine and beheading do the same job :)

Virgin Mary
29-03-2008, 01:33 PM
So why don't they behead the animal?

Everlong
29-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Personally I want to know what was involved in the study of finding out if it causes the animal pain. There is no way that they can know for sure if the animal is in pain or not.

I think allot of people use 'scientific proof' as a way of getting around things. The average person has no knowledge on these scientific studies and therefore has no reason to question it, this leads to people believing what they say and they get to continue killing in this inhumane way.

Hushie
30-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Personally I want to know what was involved in the study of finding out if it causes the animal pain. There is no way that they can know for sure if the animal is in pain or not.

I think allot of people use 'scientific proof' as a way of getting around things. The average person has no knowledge on these scientific studies and therefore has no reason to question it, this leads to people believing what they say and they get to continue killing in this inhumane way.

If the animal cries.

partie2
01-04-2008, 06:06 PM
I dont see a major problem of killing an animal in this way as if the animal is caused pain then it is not for a prolonged period it is for a very short time and the reason why the animal has its throat slit is because they want to have respect for the animal. People eat battery chickens who have had a much worse life then a Halal free range chicken which has had a good life.

kk.
01-04-2008, 06:19 PM
althoguh it may be disrespectful to ban it in our country, they have turned our country into aan over pollitically correct country that we cant even air our vieews on what their religion does.

I see no reason why a charge to the head cannot be done before slitting the throats and letting them drain. If anyone saw kill it cook it eat it then you will know what i mean

Technologic
01-04-2008, 06:36 PM
It's a religious tradtition of Islam, banning Halal meat would basically be denying all people of Muslim faith to eat meat which i think is wrong.

Roboevil
01-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Is Halal used in Britain commercially? If it is then obviously it should banned. As a Christian country we shouldn't be oblidged to impose such ways of killing animals.

I don't personally care how the animal I'm eating was killed, it was probably kept in battery its entire life so I'd prefer to sort that out before I care about how it was killed.

jrh2002
02-04-2008, 08:41 PM
So why don't they behead the animal?

Agreed it would be the best way :) a few of the extremists like that method :o maybe they ate ken bigley?

I dont see a major problem of killing an animal in this way as if the animal is caused pain then it is not for a prolonged period it is for a very short time and the reason why the animal has its throat slit is because they want to have respect for the animal. People eat battery chickens who have had a much worse life then a Halal free range chicken which has had a good life.

You might agree with free range but we never had all these cases of bird flu when all the chickens were in sheds. Wait until the hot weather and it starts spreading again and we have to slaughter them and burn them without them even making a plate.

Is Halal used in Britain commercially? If it is then obviously it should banned. As a Christian country we shouldn't be oblidged to impose such ways of killing animals.

I don't personally care how the animal I'm eating was killed, it was probably kept in battery its entire life so I'd prefer to sort that out before I care about how it was killed.

I am pretty sure when you buy a kebab from a shop it will be halal meat and there are many halal butchers.

The main reason I made this thread was to highlight this because I am getting sick of animal rights people telling us whats right and wrong. I find the halal process quite barbaric compared to things that the animal rights like to complain about.

I dont care if what i eat is shot, throat cut or even run over as long as it tastes nice but I like to live and let live and if im told what im eating is wrong i want to know why others are allowed to carry on with no question over their procedures.

Homoevil
02-04-2008, 09:10 PM
I dont care if what i eat is shot, throat cut or even run over as long as it tastes nice but I like to live and let live and if im told what im eating is wrong i want to know why others are allowed to carry on with no question over their procedures.

Yeah what I really hate is when something is excused because it's part of their religion.

leah
03-04-2008, 12:57 AM
I think its discusting to make them suffer. If people have to kill animals then it should be done in the most painless way possible.

Vortechs
22-04-2008, 06:12 PM
The point of halal is that its quick and painless. Compared to conventional methods, this is fairly humane. They're not herded into a big slaughter house first, adn as far as i'm aware, they are 'snuck up on' and have their throat slit, causing almost instant death.. then the blood is left to drain. In my opinion this is much better than having them hearded up and stuck in a cramped room, where they are killed.

Plux
23-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Screw the muslims, that is wrong.
They don;t like our laws? Send them home.

22-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Yeah what I really hate is when something is excused because it's part of their religion.

Thats a sickening attitude to every walk of life. People nowadays forget the whole point of religion as it has become a billion dollar industry. Whoever wrote this topic was definetly not knowlegable in theology as there are many other religions that kill animals in a certain way. Kosher kill animals like muslims, they slit their throat, why don't you cry about that?

Because whining causes problems, because people like to get their nose stuck into dung and soon realize all they'll get out is a horrible stench. When you stop complaining about 'Oh noes the animals gets hurts!' the world will be a better place.

Thats on the verge of being racist, you need to start respecting your mother, I'm sure she would be unhappy when she realizes she brought you up to be a racist fool.

Virgin Mary
22-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Thats a sickening attitude to every walk of life. People nowadays forget the whole point of religion as it has become a billion dollar industry. Whoever wrote this topic was definetly not knowlegable in theology as there are many other religions that kill animals in a certain way. Kosher kill animals like muslims, they slit their throat, why don't you cry about that?

Because whining causes problems, because people like to get their nose stuck into dung and soon realize all they'll get out is a horrible stench. When you stop complaining about 'Oh noes the animals gets hurts!' the world will be a better place.

Thats on the verge of being racist, you need to start respecting your mother, I'm sure she would be unhappy when she realizes she brought you up to be a racist fool.
When you stop caring about other people's feelings the world becomes a better place. YOU INTOLERANT CRUEL

Technologic
22-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Is this still going on? Why are you all so ignorant of other religions?

To say that halal meat is wrong is to say christmas is wrong, to say the festval of lights is wrong. It's a tradition that has been there for hundreds maybe thousands of years and it should be kept that way :l.

bloody hell

22-05-2008, 04:45 PM
When you stop caring about other people's feelings the world becomes a better place. YOU INTOLERANT CRUEL

I care about other peoples feelings because that will make me a better person.

Jordy
22-05-2008, 06:23 PM
They don;t like our laws? Send them home.I'd say that's most probably racist to be fair. You see all these Moderator's warning people for calling someone an 'Idiot' but they all back-away when racism comes :S

The majority of Muslim's aren't illegal immigrants, your simply just stereotyping. Some of them are refugee's escaping torture and persecution in the middle east, but most of them are British Citizens which have been in the UK for generations. Just because you see the odd news story on illegal immigrant's from Asia climbing in lorries to illegally come into the UK doesn't mean they're all like that, you need to really grow up and look at the bigger picture.

They're British Citizens like you and me and have entirely the same [legal] rights as you, just because their Grandfather might of came to the UK many years ago doesn't mean we have the right to send them 'home'.

It's also not that 'Wrong' if you read that properly, some of them live better lives than food you most probably eat, and at the end of the day it's a Muslim tradition.

Niko Bellic
22-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Doesn't matter as long as it tastes good.

Markness.
22-05-2008, 08:10 PM
How do british people kill animals?
Chaining them up and putting them through various machines... ?
Traditional Halal meat is usualy very tender, as the animal is not stressed, therefore the meat tastes better because stress hormones arent released into the animals body.

Every seen that Kentucky Fried Cruelty video? Spot the muslim. You'll have a hard job doing so.

Swearwolf
22-05-2008, 08:12 PM
I disagree with it

Virgin Mary
23-05-2008, 04:53 AM
Is this still going on? Why are you all so ignorant of other religions?

To say that halal meat is wrong is to say christmas is wrong, to say the festval of lights is wrong. It's a tradition that has been there for hundreds maybe thousands of years and it should be kept that way :l.

bloody hell
Muslims do say christmas is wrong lol. And it's different from that, it's more like saying homosexuals should be stoned and young women killed for refusing to marry their arranged husband. But I doubt people agree with that just to be respectful.

camera
23-05-2008, 05:36 AM
i just realise that this muslim negativity happens quite alot in britain, dontcha think?

YoManGo!
23-05-2008, 01:22 PM
what's the difference?
either way youre cruely breeding animals just to kill them, and then forcing them into unhappy lives where they are force fed to make them bigger and causing them great pain; by then i think how you're killing them is irrelavent.

camera
23-05-2008, 03:52 PM
what's the difference?
either way youre cruely breeding animals just to kill them, and then forcing them into unhappy lives where they are force fed to make them bigger and causing them great pain; by then i think how you're killing them is irrelavent.

true, either way the animals die eventually.

Supersam
23-05-2008, 04:06 PM
I may not be 100% on this but im sure that any slit to the throat is instant death.
It bleeds after it has died.

Like I say im not completely sure but pretty positive.

Plus halal chicken is used in most chinese places. It's considered sacred.

Dusty-09
23-05-2008, 04:27 PM
To be honest the animal does actually suffer, I have witnessed a sheep being slaughtered, since the blood is in the body then the body will still function for a bit. Thats why when you get shot in the leg, you die after some time with pain. If you dont get medical treatment.

The way to kill them with a shot to the head is quicker as well.

Im muslim and its a tradition, the thing is that we consider the blood "najis" which means impure, if we take in blood our insides will become impure. So thats why we do it this way. And it isn't inhumane to be honest, its just a little suffering since it will die anyway. And either way you are making it suffer since you are killing it, who wants to be killed? I simply say that if you dont want to eat halal meat then dont, theres no point of saying its disgusting its someone elses belief.

Like Hindus having Divali (I dont think I spelt it right) and Christians having Christmas and Jews having Hanukkah (Doubt I spelt that right) if you say those are wrong then what is RIGHT? Its a belief, traditon and someone elses opinion of life.

Virgin Mary
23-05-2008, 05:07 PM
To be honest the animal does actually suffer, I have witnessed a sheep being slaughtered, since the blood is in the body then the body will still function for a bit. Thats why when you get shot in the leg, you die after some time with pain. If you dont get medical treatment.

The way to kill them with a shot to the head is quicker as well.

Im muslim and its a tradition, the thing is that we consider the blood "najis" which means impure, if we take in blood our insides will become impure. So thats why we do it this way. And it isn't inhumane to be honest, its just a little suffering since it will die anyway. And either way you are making it suffer since you are killing it, who wants to be killed? I simply say that if you dont want to eat halal meat then dont, theres no point of saying its disgusting its someone elses belief.

Like Hindus having Divali (I dont think I spelt it right) and Christians having Christmas and Jews having Hanukkah (Doubt I spelt that right) if you say those are wrong then what is RIGHT? Its a belief, traditon and someone elses opinion of life.
I hate to tell you this but... you have blood inside you anyway.

Redacted
23-05-2008, 05:11 PM
who cares??

its meat, we shouldnt prepare it specially for them though.

Dusty-09
23-05-2008, 05:13 PM
I hate to tell you this but... you have blood inside you anyway.

Of course we have blood in our bodies but thats our own. If we get blood into our body we become unpure, that is why when we get a cut we wash it and use a plaster.

Herman
24-05-2008, 02:17 AM
Muslims do say christmas is wrong lol.
not from where i come from, no.

no offence, but really, some of you really need to learn and appreciate racial and religious harmony. some of you really give britain a bad name.

i have seen an animal being slaughtered according to muslim law, and it was done in a split second.

your arguments on how the animal dies slowly and painfully is out of the question. either way, slaughtered halal or not, they die, and they are eaten by humans. :rolleyes:

Virgin Mary
24-05-2008, 06:12 AM
Of course we have blood in our bodies but thats our own. If we get blood into our body we become unpure, that is why when we get a cut we wash it and use a plaster.
What if someone throws blood at you?

Technologic
24-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Muslims do say christmas is wrong lol. And it's different from that, it's more like saying homosexuals should be stoned and young women killed for refusing to marry their arranged husband. But I doubt people agree with that just to be respectful.
You really need to broaden your mind and stop reading the mail. Just because a select few say somethign doesn't mean all think it, it happens with every religion, you get morons who think they speak for everyone. Look at the church of hate for goodness sake.

Virgin Mary
24-05-2008, 03:22 PM
I wouldn't exactly call pretty much the entire middle east a select few, but ok.

YoManGo!
24-05-2008, 06:44 PM
I wouldn't exactly call pretty much the entire middle east a select few, but ok.

youre actually hilariously ignorant, i almost find it funny... but i just cant bring myself past the pity.

Edited by jesus (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude.

Virgin Mary
24-05-2008, 07:28 PM
youre actually hilariously ignorant, i almost find it funny... but i just cant bring myself past the pity.
I'm neither lacking in education in general nor lacking knowledge or sophistication.

YoManGo!
24-05-2008, 08:05 PM
i didn't diss your intelligence, bro. i'm calling you ignorant. go figure.

Supersam
24-05-2008, 08:12 PM

Yes but theirs a difference. Whilst people are allowed to beleive what they like, it also cannot challenge basic human or animal rights.

How would you feel if someone put the heads of their dead family members outside their house because they beleived they would live on that way?

So many people are saying that it is against basic animal rights to prepare meat in this way.

Technologic
24-05-2008, 11:34 PM
i didn't diss your intelligence, bro. i'm calling you ignorant. go figure.
Oh the irony!

But still, you are very ignorant virgin mary

Virgin Mary
25-05-2008, 08:47 AM
ig·no·rant http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngAudio Help (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/audio.html)/ˈɪghttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngnərhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngənt/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ig-ner-uhhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngnt]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1.lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man. 2.lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics. 3.uninformed; unaware. 4.due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

However, this is untrue due to the fact that laws in the Middle East do indeed have people hanged for being homosexual and "honour killed" if they refuse to allow themselves to passed off in an arranged marriage. As a feminist who frequently shops with gays, I refuse to respect this as part of any faith!

Technologic
25-05-2008, 09:37 AM
ig·no·rant http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngAudio Help (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/audio.html)/ˈɪghttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngnərhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngənt/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ig-ner-uhhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngnt]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1.lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man. 2.lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics. 3.uninformed; unaware. 4.due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

However, this is untrue due to the fact that laws in the Middle East do indeed have people hanged for being homosexual and "honour killed" if they refuse to allow themselves to passed off in an arranged marriage. As a feminist who frequently shops with gays, I refuse to respect this as part of any faith!
Can i point out that the middle east is not a faith but a region... And also arranged marriage is practiced more in Sikhism and Hinduism than Islam...

Virgin Mary
25-05-2008, 10:45 AM
The Middle East is primarily ruled using Muslim laws, also I know arranged marriage can be part of any religion (or otherwise), hence my saying "any faith". Maybe you're all going a little too far into political correctness mode and taking what I say as some verbal war against Islam. I don't agree with some of their approaches to life, that's my prerogative, I don't really care about respecting this halal just because it's bound in the safety of religion.

Dusty-09
25-05-2008, 10:48 AM
What if someone throws blood at you?

Thats stupid, of course you will wash yourself you dont swallow it do you? No offence but please use your common sense

Susie Dent
25-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Thats stupid, of course you will wash yourself you dont swallow it do you? No offence but please use your common sense

speak 4 urself ;]

Nain
25-05-2008, 04:04 PM
I "Have" to eat Halal Food, but you know, rules are made to be broken >;].

Yes, i do think its stupid, thats coming from a muslim, but you know, i may change religion later on in life.

Malcolms
26-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Personally I don't think there's much point in the whole "Halal" thing. I'm sure many restaurants pretend to serve Halal food, is there any proof? What's the difference if it's been blessed or not? IT's killed, cooked and ate in the end.

ToxicPaddy
26-05-2008, 03:42 PM
This is just disgusting, it should be banned in the UK. If muslims want to do it, they should do it in another country, not here. I hope they ban this its awful and sickening. Someone in the British government has to have the balls to stand up and say 'NO THIS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL' but they cant say it because it 'offends the minority' :rolleyes:

I'm not racist, and I do not want to sound offensive, but we should stand up against this if we want to and stop worrying about offending others!!

Bun
26-05-2008, 06:11 PM
this is why i don't like religion lmao :(.

i suppose i don't mind it, as long as halal meat eaters don't expect britains to change the way they process their food.

Frodo13.
27-05-2008, 02:49 PM
As long as it tastes good I don't care how it's killed tbh.

alexxxxx
27-05-2008, 08:32 PM
doesn't make it any better if it's killed one way or the other. does halal taste any different?

Loser
06-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Well I didn't know, why has it never been used as an execution technique, it'd certainly be cheap?

It takes too long and there wouldn't be enough meat to feed Britain's demand.

Because mammals are very similar biologically. If you cut specific veins/arteries in both humans and cows, the things at hand will die in an instant without feelinga thing.
The way Halal meat is killed is not inhumane.

Halal shops are found in Muslim areas of Britain. Supply and demand, you don't open a Halal shop in a Christian community.
I agree, I don't care how the animal I'm eating is killed. I don't care how it lived, all I care about is the texture and how well it goes with my homemade gravy.

I may not be 100% on this but im sure that any slit to the throat is instant death.
It bleeds after it has died.

Like I say im not completely sure but pretty positive.

Plus halal chicken is used in most chinese places. It's considered sacred.

You are correct, slicing the throat kills any animal instantly. I think people are confused as to how it is done.
The animal is dead before the blood drains away.

who cares??

its meat, we shouldnt prepare it specially for them though.

We don't prepare it for them. Muslims open up Halal shops, run Halal restaurants and all of that themselves.

Can i point out that the middle east is not a faith but a region... And also arranged marriage is practiced more in Sikhism and Hinduism than Islam...

Arranged marriage is very popular in Japan aswell.

I "Have" to eat Halal Food, but you know, rules are made to be broken >;].

Yes, i do think its stupid, thats coming from a muslim, but you know, i may change religion later on in life.

It seems like you already have. Just remember that you don't have to be part of an orginised religion to believe in a God. Don't feel obliged to follow Muslim beliefs because you've been told that is how to worship God. You should worship him in your own way and a way you feel comfortable to.

Mattch
07-06-2008, 08:19 PM
My friends a muslim (cant spell excuse it please) and as soon as he found out how they animals died he never ate the meat again O_o

Loser
07-06-2008, 08:22 PM
My friends a muslim (cant spell excuse it please) and as soon as he found out how they animals died he never ate the meat again O_o

Does he know that the point in Halal meat is that the animal dies quickly and painlessly?

EP-Sam
09-06-2008, 09:35 PM

Dude, Screw you! How do you know if the animal is in pain? Also i have seen many times when we cut the animal and i shall say it's easier then giving it a shock! :)

Independent
11-06-2008, 07:11 AM
It's right in their religion.

EP-Sam
11-06-2008, 05:13 PM

cheers minor.. It's not good looking at other religion's.. Look at your own first and see whats happening. ;)

By the way when you eat a Pig.. Etc ham.. You do know they eat there own leftovers? As poopoo? Isnt that disgusting? Well get to know ;)

YoManGo!
12-06-2008, 09:19 AM
How do british people kill animals?
Chaining them up and putting them through various machines... ?
Traditional Halal meat is usualy very tender, as the animal is not stressed, therefore the meat tastes better because stress hormones arent released into the animals body.

Every seen that Kentucky Fried Cruelty video? Spot the muslim. You'll have a hard job doing so.

you rule over everyone else in this thread ;)

Virgin Mary
12-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Stoning gayboys is right in my religion, how unfortunate for you.

Frodo13.
18-06-2008, 03:37 PM

Can Muslim's not have blood transfusions then? Just curious.

Herman
18-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Can Muslim's not have blood transfusions then? Just curious.
We can, of course.

It is fine to donate blood and receive blood too. After all, we are encouraged to help one another.

-Eyeless-
18-06-2008, 08:37 PM
I am asking if you think the way halal meat is prepared is right or wrong.
We seem to be having animal rights etc sticking their noses into certain things but they never dare mention this and can only think its because it offends muslims.

Halal basically is slitting the throat of an animal and leaving it to bleed to death to get all the impurities out of the animal and draining its blood. Surely a bolt to the head and instant death (in most cases unless theres a mistake) is better than leaving something to suffer and bleed to death.
Alot of people have no idea what halal actually is and I personally think it should be banned from being performed in the UK.

This is what is said but i have my doubts about it and believe if religeon was not the reason for it this would no way be alllowed to happen.

Read up on it here
http://www.azhar.jp/info/halal-eng/halal5.html

Enjoy your kebab tonight ;)

Halal is actually just as humane as the electricution methods of regular abotoires. The death is as instant as possible and is perfectly fine in my opinion. :)

DiscoPat
24-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Guys believe me Halal isnt torturing an animal, when you look at the way KFC and other fast food companies kill there animals there, they rip the skin of while the animal is alive and dip it in hot water and all sorts, whilest in Halal the animal only feels it for a few seconds because once the blood is pooring out the system, it dies.

So comparing it, Halal is actually a better way than what isnt.

Hushie
24-06-2008, 04:49 PM
I am definately not a racist person, but I don't believe in religion. When people here have said 'It's right in their religion' how does that mean that it's a humane thing to do?

Virgin Mary has put some good points across, just because peoples books of worship tell them to do something doesn't mean that they have to do it if it not classed as right to do in modern day society. The bible says that homosexuals should be killed, slave labour is just & that adulterers should be stoned. Although adultery is frowned upon in most societies punishment is not as strict as the bible teaches. Slave labour has been abolished and most people would never think of forcing somebody else into slave labour. So just because their holy book says they have to kill animals in a certain way, doesn't mean they have to follow it. Religions sometimes have to give up things if it just isn't correct in the modern world

Tintinnabulate
29-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Halal ... should be banned from the UK as its animal abuse. I dont understand how muslims see it as "draining the impurities". Then they pray over it asking for forgiveness for killing the animal :s

I personally think its stupid.

Guys believe me Halal isnt torturing an animal, when you look at the way KFC and other fast food companies kill there animals there, they rip the skin of while the animal is alive and dip it in hot water and all sorts, whilest in Halal the animal only feels it for a few seconds because once the blood is pooring out the system, it dies.

So comparing it, Halal is actually a better way than what isnt.

Actually in Halal, animal dies slowly not quickly. Because the blood drains out slowly and then when it reaches a certain limit (which takes a long time), it dies. Till then it suffers.

Also actually, I have seen how KFC etc kill animals, its quick.

What annoys me even more, is companies such as subway etc, who want more money put up posters such as WE USE HALAL MEAT.

People who think halal is veggie / not painfull should really open their eyes and stop living in a world of their own. How can you say slitting a animals neck and letting it bleed to death is peaceful??? Islam say they are peaceful but they slit animals neck??? Its totally stupid. How can they even say its not painfull. How the hell do they know how much pain the animals suffer. Seriously annoys me.

-Eyeless-
29-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Halal ... should be banned from the UK as its animal abuse. I dont understand how muslims see it as "draining the impurities". Then they pray over it asking for forgiveness for killing the animal :s

I personally think its stupid.

Actually in Halal, animal dies slowly not quickly. Because the blood drains out slowly and then when it reaches a certain limit (which takes a long time), it dies. Till then it suffers.

Also actually, I have seen how KFC etc kill animals, its quick.

What annoys me even more, is companies such as subway etc, who want more money put up posters such as WE USE HALAL MEAT.

People who think halal is veggie / not painfull should really open their eyes and stop living in a world of their own. How can you say slitting a animals neck and letting it bleed to death is peaceful??? Islam say they are peaceful but they slit animals neck??? Its totally stupid. How can they even say its not painfull. How the hell do they know how much pain the animals suffer. Seriously annoys me.

And you know this how? Have you been drained of your blood from your throat? It is almost instant, it is only oversensative people who think they know what is going on. It is basicly the same as what happens to all animals we eat, they just don't get stunned beforehand, which means they feel it for a second then they are dead.

Tintinnabulate
29-06-2008, 03:02 PM
And you know this how? Have you been drained of your blood from your throat? It is almost instant, it is only oversensative people who think they know what is going on. It is basicly the same as what happens to all animals we eat, they just don't get stunned beforehand, which means they feel it for a second then they are dead.

Same question back at you, how do you know its painless?
The fact is, the animal dies slowly and painfully. I have seen videos etc and its just disgusting. I am not oversensitive, I am basing what I am saying on FACTS. The animals killed by KFCs etc are quick. They feel pain for a shorter duration.

jrh2002
03-07-2008, 10:24 PM

Of course they suffer for longer just like a human left bleeding to death from a major artery being cut open. I think most places use the bolt process which kills most animals instantly but the odd few dont die so would suffer but not every one.

Let me make it clear as long as the meat tastes nice i couldnt care if the animal was still squealing in the back of the resturant as long as they turned up the music. I just get fed up on double standards for everything and think that halal is a crueler way that is ignored compared to other things regarding animals that people stick their noses in.

-Eyeless-
03-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Of course they suffer for longer just like a human left bleeding to death from a major archery being cut open. I think most places use the bolt process which kills most animals instantly but the odd few dont die so would suffer but not every one.

Let me make it clear as long as the meat tastes nice i couldnt care if the animal was still squealing in the back of the resturant as long as they turned up the music. I just get fed up on double standards for everything and think that halal is a crueler way that is ignored compared to other things regarding animals that people stick their noses in.

Same question back at you, how do you know its painless?
The fact is, the animal dies slowly and painfully. I have seen videos etc and its just disgusting. I am not oversensitive, I am basing what I am saying on FACTS. The animals killed by KFCs etc are quick. They feel pain for a shorter duration.

Lets be fair guys if none of us have been experienced it then we can't really say that it does or doesn't hurt, but I will say that my uncle is a butcher and he said that there isn't much of a need for the bolt process as they MOSTLY die instantly but it is so that people feel better, I don't know if he can really be able to tell and thats all I can say really ;)

jrh2002
03-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Lets be fair guys if none of us have been experienced it then we can't really say that it does or doesn't hurt, but I will say that my uncle is a butcher and he said that there isn't much of a need for the bolt process as they MOSTLY die instantly but it is so that people feel better, I don't know if he can really be able to tell and thats all I can say really ;)

try cutting your wrist and getting stitched up before you die and I imagine you would say that would hurt and even thinking about it you know it hurts. As far as I am aware all warm blooded animals feel pain and my uncles, second cousins wifes great grandad who works for the rspca says its bad but wont touch the issue to avoid being called racists.

Maybe this cow is getting some gas and air pain relief from the spray?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijn5e7DD2lc

-Eyeless-
03-07-2008, 10:53 PM
That video doesn't prove anything you can't even tell if it is still alive. And no just cos its eyes are open doesn't mean its alive...

jrh2002
03-07-2008, 11:00 PM
That video doesn't prove anything you can't even tell if it is still alive. And no just cos its eyes are open doesn't mean its alive...

you can see it moving and thats just barbaric way of doing it when theres more humane ways. its finally dead when it gets ejected hes checking if its dead just before. imagine being suffocated you dont die as soon as air is cut off and the same when losing blood. I will find the article of average death times for butchery when i get more time.

-Eyeless-
03-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Just because he is moving doesn't mean he/she is alive either, if you do it "humanely" they move like that aswell.

jrh2002
03-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Just because he is moving doesn't mean he/she is alive either, if you do it humanely they move like that aswell.

Of course they do but if you kill them with a bolt to the head its instant and humane and from your reply i highlighted you agree its not humane :) defeat your own case suits me ;)

-Eyeless-
03-07-2008, 11:11 PM
I don't agree, but it is considered humane so I used humane to describe it, but I have to go to sleep now, so if you want I will reply to your next comment tomorrow ;)

EDIT: Actually I have put it in Inverted commas just to make you happy ;)

jrh2002
03-07-2008, 11:14 PM
I don't agree, but it is considered humane so I used humane to describe it, but I have to go to sleep now, so if you want I will reply to your next comment tomorrow ;)

We all have our own views which might change over time so no point going on forever lol it would be a boring world if we all had the same opinions. :8

Loser
03-07-2008, 11:46 PM
jrh2002, I don't think you understand the concept of Halal meat. Before you talk moron, ask yourself this: Why would there be specialised shops to buy tortured animals, when said Muslim could eat an animal from Sainsburys that wasn't tortured?

Answer: BECAUSE HALAL MEAT ISN'T FROM TORTURED ANIMALS

Sliced throat means instant death. Just because blood is still leaving the body, doesn't mean the animal is still alive.

Edited by lAscend (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't insult other forum members.

-Eyeless-
03-07-2008, 11:50 PM
jrh2002, I don't think you understand the concept of Halal meat. Before you talk moron, ask yourself this: Why would there be specialised shops to buy tortured animals, when said Muslim could eat an animal from Sainsburys that wasn't tortured?

Sliced throat means instant death. Just because blood is still leaving the body, doesn't mean the animal is still alive.

LOL I love the bluntness but people are a bit stuborn sometimes, like me ;)

Loser
03-07-2008, 11:51 PM
I should probably PM him that, just in case he comes back telling everyone that Muslims torture animals... AGAIN!

jrh2002
04-07-2008, 04:02 PM

Edited by lAscend (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't insult other forum members.

Some studies say its instant death and others say the animal suffers so it depends who you believe. I have said I dont care and have no prob eating halal meat myself. The reason for halal is for religious purposes from 1000s of years ago and following on that tradition and if it was not for that I dont think it would be the way to kill animals when there are better methods. What are they trying to drain from the animal with its blood? evil spirits? or some other deluded nonsense.

Thank goodness Ken Bigley never suffered when he had his head chopped off by some lovely muslims :) I am sure his friends and family appreciate such a humane way to execute him. :eusa_danc

explain the concept please because your post is very hard to follow.

Tintinnabulate
04-07-2008, 07:09 PM
What are they trying to drain from the animal with its blood? evil spirits? or some other deluded nonsense.

PMSL.

Anyone or any Muslims wish to comment on what I said earlier?

Islam say they are peaceful but they slit animals neck??? Its totally stupid.
They are the LEAST peacefull religion on earth. They are involved in most of the major terrorist attacks because they want the whole world to convert to Islam.
There have been documentaries where they have filmed in the mosques secretly and the Imam or whatever the preist is called was telling them all its "Muslims job to convert everyone to Islam by all means necessary."
It was on last year on Channel 4. A lot of them even promote terrorism.

Muslims nearly sentenced that woman to death just because she was trying to teach people about Islam and named a teddy bear "Muhammed". Thats crazy. I can't remember what the stupid reason behind it was, but why call people Muhammed then?!?!?!! I mean come on, you cant sentece someone to death or life just for that. Thats seriously stupid.
We are lucky "John, David, Claire etc" arent Muslim names or we would all be dead by now.

You behead people on national TV (Bin Laden etc). They are all Muslims and you might say they are acting on their own and Muslims dont like him, but why is it always Muslims who are involved in most terrorist attacks?

Loser
04-07-2008, 11:44 PM
jrh2002: Which post? The one above yours? If so, it's because I've already said most of this before and then people come back saying exactly the same bloody thing, even when I've explained that they're false, or reasons behind it.
The main point in Halal meat is to ensure the animal dies instantly. It is killed immediately and blessed by a Muslim priest (or whatever the right term is).

Soil: Religion is a burden to the human race. I can think of plenty of problems caused by Christianity. FYI, not all Muslims condone terrorisms, not even the majority. Islam is a huge religion and a tiny proportion acts on terrorism.
"Muslims job to convert everyone to Islam by all means necessary." That's often misinterpreted (by terrorists) as to force people into Islam and by others to 'teach' people.

Herman
05-07-2008, 06:46 AM
Islam say they are peaceful but they slit animals neck??? Its totally stupid.
They are the LEAST peacefull religion on earth. They are involved in most of the major terrorist attacks because they want the whole world to convert to Islam.
There have been documentaries where they have filmed in the mosques secretly and the Imam or whatever the preist is called was telling them all its "Muslims job to convert everyone to Islam by all means necessary."
It was on last year on Channel 4. A lot of them even promote terrorism.

Muslims nearly sentenced that woman to death just because she was trying to teach people about Islam and named a teddy bear "Muhammed". Thats crazy. I can't remember what the stupid reason behind it was, but why call people Muhammed then?!?!?!! I mean come on, you cant sentece someone to death or life just for that. Thats seriously stupid.
We are lucky "John, David, Claire etc" arent Muslim names or we would all be dead by now.
And this is coming from you. I am speechless.

Let me first point out that this debate is on halal meat, not on how muslims 'promote' terrorism.

Secondly, I think it is absolutely ridiculous to judge the world's muslim community based on what a few terrorists do. Why do you keep generalising muslims? The terrorists are the minority of extremists who try to manipulate people like you and your thoughts on Islam.

And Imams saying that it is a muslim's job to convert all humans to Islam BY ALL MEANS NECCESSARY? Utter rubbish. You are exaggerating, my friend. Where is this documentary? The last time I went to the mosque, we were told to help each other regardless of religion and maintain peace with those who are not muslims because we are one race, the human race.

Yet again, you are judging muslims based on one incident. I agree that it is wrong to sentence someone because they named a teddy bear Muhammad. I can also say that all christians are bad because there was a news article on 2 christians who tortured their son to "clean him off his sins", but of course, I don't generalise like you!

I have christian, buddhist and hindu friends, and I certainly get along with them because we are all able to put aside our differences, our religions, our cultures, to accept one another and live in peace!

Why are you complaining about halal food? If you think the animal dies in a painful way, I ask you, so what? Even if it was put to death peacefully, it still dies, and it goes into your stomach! It just another method of putting the animal down, and I have seen an animal being slaughtered the halal way and it was certainly done quickly! We don't beg for forgiveness after that by the way.

If you don't agree with halal food, you might as well turn vegetarian and go against killing animals for food.

Tintinnabulate
05-07-2008, 06:58 AM
And Imams saying that it is a muslim's job to convert all humans to Islam BY ALL MEANS NECCESSARY? Utter rubbish. You are exaggerating, my friend. Where is this documentary? The last time I went to the mosque, we were told to help each other regardless of religion and maintain peace with those who are not muslims because we are one race, the human race.

Why are you complaining about halal food? If you think the animal dies in a painful way, I ask you, so what? Even if it was put to death peacefully, it still dies, and it goes into your stomach! It just another method of putting the animal down, and I have seen an animal being slaughtered the halal way and it was certainly done quickly! We don't beg for forgiveness after that by the way.

If you don't agree with halal food, you might as well turn vegetarian and go against killing animals for food.

Like I said, it was on Channel4 last year in the UK. Do a search on channel4 for the documentaries on Islam last year. The police were even brought in to question the Imam.

"Why are you complaining about halal food? If you think the animal dies in a painful way, I ask you, so what? "
That shows you dont care if the animal suffers ... and you guys say Islam is a peaceful religion??? What a load of crap. And "it still does" - Humans die too, so why isnt murder allowed?

And guess what, I am vegetarian :)

Herman
05-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Like I said, it was on Channel4 last year in the UK. Do a search on channel4 for the documentaries on Islam last year. The police were even brought in to question the Imam.

"Why are you complaining about halal food? If you think the animal dies in a painful way, I ask you, so what? "
That shows you dont care if the animal suffers ... and you guys say Islam is a peaceful religion??? What a load of crap. And "it still does" - Humans die too, so why isnt murder allowed?

And guess what, I am vegetarian :)
The last paragraph was not directed to you only, but the rest of the forum members, and also for me to stay on topic. I know you are vegetarian, you are Hindu after all.

Saying that humans die is out of the question. We don't kill humans for food, we slaughter animals for food. That is a bad example. What I was trying to say was that if you forum members actually eat meat, why should YOU care how it is killed because it will die eventually and it will go to your stomach.

You can't tell an animal "I'm sorry I have to kill you for food but would you like to die peacefully or the painful way?" Because you are killing it and it will die! And certainly the animal does not want to die. If you think killing animals is wrong you shouldn't eat meat at all, not complain about halal food.

And like I said, it is the minority of extremists who think it is right to kill them to fear others to convert. Surely you don't believe that the entire muslim population feels that way?

I've said enough in the last post, do not ignore what I've said and move on. Live in racial and religious harmony, I'd say.

Tintinnabulate
05-07-2008, 11:59 AM
The last paragraph was not directed to you only, but the rest of the forum members, and also for me to stay on topic. I know you are vegetarian, you are Hindu after all.

Saying that humans die is out of the question. We don't kill humans for food, we slaughter animals for food. That is a bad example. What I was trying to say was that if you forum members actually eat meat, why should YOU care how it is killed because it will die eventually and it will go to your stomach.

You can't tell an animal "I'm sorry I have to kill you for food but would you like to die peacefully or the painful way?" Because you are killing it and it will die! And certainly the animal does not want to die. If you think killing animals is wrong you shouldn't eat meat at all, not complain about halal food.

And like I said, it is the minority of extremists who think it is right to kill them to fear others to convert. Surely you don't believe that the entire muslim population feels that way?

I've said enough in the last post, do not ignore what I've said and move on. Live in racial and religious harmony, I'd say.

Not all Hindus are vegetarians. And people here care because they would rather that the animal died quickly and with the minimum pain.
Halal causes more pain and that is why they are debating about this.
And not all muslims are extremists but I know Muslims who are ashamed of Halal and the way its done.

jrh2002
05-07-2008, 02:59 PM
jrh2002: Which post? The one above yours? If so, it's because I've already said most of this before and then people come back saying exactly the same bloody thing, even when I've explained that they're false, or reasons behind it.
The main point in Halal meat is to ensure the animal dies instantly. It is killed immediately and blessed by a Muslim priest (or whatever the right term is).

Soil: Religion is a burden to the human race. I can think of plenty of problems caused by Christianity. FYI, not all Muslims condone terrorisms, not even the majority. Islam is a huge religion and a tiny proportion acts on terrorism.
"Muslims job to convert everyone to Islam by all means necessary." That's often misinterpreted (by terrorists) as to force people into Islam and by others to 'teach' people.

A bolt to the head is a split second but just look at that halal vid i posted he has a good chop to get to where he wants and I believe that is alot less humane and even if when the artaries are cut I still believe pain would go to the brain until the brain dies which is far from instant.
the only method for slaughter by companies should be the most humane way and not use some evil spirit crap as an excuse of practicing beheading people.

are you welsh? just the way you type and act reminds me of a few welsh people i know.

today
05-07-2008, 08:48 PM

Im with him, i really dont care how it dies as long as it tastes nice.

Which it normally always does. :)

Loser
05-07-2008, 09:32 PM
A bolt to the head is a split second but just look at that halal vid i posted he has a good chop to get to where he wants and I believe that is alot less humane and even if when the artaries are cut I still believe pain would go to the brain until the brain dies which is far from instant.
the only method for slaughter by companies should be the most humane way and not use some evil spirit crap as an excuse of practicing beheading people.

are you welsh? just the way you type and act reminds me of a few welsh people i know.

I don't know where you've posted a video, but in the link in your original post, I found this.

Prof. Charles Lovett Evans, F.R.C.V.S., has this to say:-

" As anyone who has ever witnessed the act is well aware, the animal lies absolutely still the moment the vessels arc cut, and it is only a minute or so later that asphyxia! convulsions set in. Consciousness we know is lost long before this " .

It also states that animals don't feel major pain immediately. I'm sure this can be backed up by someone who has broken a limb or something. I know my friend broke him wrist playing football and didn't realise it was broken until days later, and he only felt pain a half hour after the match had ended. Thus nullifying your arguement that the animal feels pain before it's dead.

I have no idea what your last point is about (beheading people etc.)

And yes, I am Welsh.

Tintinnabulate
05-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Most people do feel pain ...
Are you saying if I cut you open now and let you bleed to death you wouldnt feel pain?

Would you rather that I killed you quickly or by letting you bleed to death?

jrh2002
05-07-2008, 11:00 PM
I don't know where you've posted a video, but in the link in your original post, I found this.

It also states that animals don't feel major pain immediately. I'm sure this can be backed up by someone who has broken a limb or something. I know my friend broke him wrist playing football and didn't realise it was broken until days later, and he only felt pain a half hour after the match had ended. Thus nullifying your arguement that the animal feels pain before it's dead.

I have no idea what your last point is about (beheading people etc.)

And yes, I am Welsh.

Have you ever stepped on a dog or cats toe? they go mental instantly but its nice to know if i decide to slit their throats it wont hurt lol
Have you never seen sportsman get major injuries? most are in agony instantly so your friend was very lucky so to use that as proof animals dont feel instant pain is rediculous.
I will use your agument that until you are in the animals shoes so to speak we will never be 100% sure how much pain they feel but it must be more pain than an animal that gets a bolt feels.

Loser
05-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Most people do feel pain ...
Are you saying if I cut you open now and let you bleed to death you wouldnt feel pain?

Would you rather that I killed you quickly or by letting you bleed to death?

Oh my God.
If you ripped off my arm, it would be unlikely that I feel that pain immediately. If you cut off my head, it would be unlikely that I feel that pain immediately. Partly because of said explanation and partly because I'd be dead.

If you sliced my throat, I would probably die before all my blood had been drained from my body.

:eusa_wall

Loser
05-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Have you ever stepped on a dog or cats toe? they go mental instantly but its nice to know if i decide to slit their throats it wont hurt lol
Have you never seen sportsman get major injuries? most are in agony instantly so your friend was very lucky so to use that as proof animals dont feel instant pain is rediculous.
I will use your agument that until you are in the animals shoes so to speak we will never be 100% sure how much pain they feel but it must be more pain than an animal that gets a bolt feels.

Any Surgeon today knows that sudden big injuries are not felt at the time of infliction. Pain comes later when the wound is (septic, and) inflamed. Structures beneath the skin apart from isolated sensory nerve endings are insensitive to the knife.I'm not disagreeing that stunning the animal before killing it is more appropriate. I'm disagreeing with you believing Halal meat is torturing an animal.

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not double post, simply edit your first post.

jrh2002
05-07-2008, 11:25 PM
I'm not disagreeing that stunning the animal before killing it is more appropriate. I'm disagreeing with you believing Halal meat is torturing an animal.

I have been there during many injuries and seen people screaming and crying like babies as soon as its happened so I suggest your professor mate gets of his back side in his office and goes and researches it for real.
You should read my first post where i started the thread and I put both sides of the argument over and then my opinion. i cant recall saying that they torture by death of 1000 cuts unless i was taking the p out of somebody then its possible ;)

Loser
05-07-2008, 11:34 PM
I have been there during many injuries and seen people screaming and crying like babies as soon as its happened so I suggest your professor mate gets of his back side in his office and goes and researches it for real.
You should read my first post where i started the thread and I put both sides of the argument over and then my opinion. i cant recall saying that they torture by death of 1000 cuts unless i was taking the p out of somebody then its possible ;)

That was actually taken from the website in your original post (again). You might not have said it, but alot of people responded to your original post interpreting the Halal method as evil, so I assumed you thought the same.

To be honest, I'm bored of this right now. Feel free to post a response, but I won't be replying tonight.

Herman
06-07-2008, 01:35 AM
Not all Hindus are vegetarians.
That I know. It is just that you don't eat beef because the cow is believed to be sacred.

And not all muslims are extremists
Finally, you get my point! Why are you saying this now when you said earlier...

Its totally stupid.
Thats seriously stupid.
What a load of crap.
Unneccessary comments. This is a debate, not a place where you can vent on anger on muslims.

They are involved in most of the major terrorist attacks because they want the whole world to convert to Islam.

"... convert everyone to Islam by all means necessary."

A lot of them even promote terrorism.

They are all Muslims and you might say they are acting on their own and Muslims dont like him, but why is it always Muslims who are involved in most terrorist attacks?They, they they. Clearly you believed that we are all extremists. I am fine with you disagreeing with halal food. Debate, go ahead. But if you go on and talk about how all of us are extremists and are only out to convert the human race to Islam, then that is simply out of the question. That is not even what this debate is about. You have offended me and my religion.

jrh2002
06-07-2008, 12:08 PM
That was actually taken from the website in your original post (again). You might not have said it, but alot of people responded to your original post interpreting the Halal method as evil, so I assumed you thought the same.

To be honest, I'm bored of this right now. Feel free to post a response, but I won't be replying tonight.

I asked if people think its right or wrong :) I dont like the way its done and muslims using religeon as an excuse for it. I think there are more humane ways to slaughter animals but i would not avoid halal over it but i also would not buy it out of choice either. I do not think its torture because if it was then they would kill it very slowly over a long period of time.

VPSwow
06-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Its just sick and should not be allowed.

Hushie
07-07-2008, 05:41 PM

Your the one who doesn't understand the point in halal meat. They believe that draining the animal of it's blood makes it pure, not to ensure the animal dies instantly. So don't shout abuse at other people when you don't know what you're talking about.

Tintinnabulate
07-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Your the one who doesn't understand the point in halal meat. They believe that draining the animal of it's blood makes it pure, not to ensure the animal dies instantly. So don't shout abuse at other people when you don't know what you're talking about.

We all know why its done. But then isn't the claim Islam is a peaceful religion invalid as the animal is suffering pain? A lot of pain ... and torture.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!