31-03-2008, 08:32 PM
i wanna start doing dirtbike racing.
i'm 12.

i want a scrambler for xmas.
i have 9 months to thing of a good excuse to get one

any ideas?
my mum works for the police
people down the road do trialing and i could go along with them

Moved by jesus (Forum Super Moderator) from Discuss Anything: Please post in the correct section next time.

Corporal
31-03-2008, 08:44 PM
And what do you want us to do?
Ask the people down the road for you?

Metric1
31-03-2008, 09:04 PM
ok ur mom works for the police?

what does that have to do with it?

and lol at corporals post!

jackass
31-03-2008, 09:09 PM
ok ur mom works for the police?

what does that have to do with it?

and lol at corporals post!

They aren't street-legal.

Dentafrice
31-03-2008, 09:25 PM
i'm 12.

any ideas?

It is cool that you want to get that, it is a great hobby which I did for many years when I was younger.

It is a tad bit dangerous though, I had a few broken bones and a few minor surgeries from wrecks.

You have to practice, practice, practice, as well as have the money to travel to most of the races.

If your parents don't support you, or don't have the time or money to haul your equipment around to races, as well as money to stay there (or an RV).. your not going to make it far.

I suggest you look into the costs a tad bit more, or wait till you are a little older.

I know there are some great young racers, but they have a lot of support from their parents, as well as sponsorship money, unless you would be "racing" at a local track/course.

Antony
31-03-2008, 10:38 PM
i'm 12.

any ideas?

Moved by jesus (Forum Super Moderator) from Discuss Anything: Please post in the correct section next time.

I think you can become a registered person to use trial bikes? I've certainly been told about that before.. but definately driving on the street on them is illigal, and if you have no insurance and are caught it will be seized from you ;)

Swearwolf
31-03-2008, 10:46 PM
always wear a helmet. my best advice after tearin half ma face off lol

benjamin
31-03-2008, 10:47 PM
kyle only probably wants one because someone else got one.

poll
31-03-2008, 10:48 PM
coming from me iv raced for years competively if i was you id just buy a cheap little pit bike they tend to keep there money see how you get on with that say a little 110cc 2 Stroke or 4 stroke 4 gears no more no less should more or less hold its value and then if you can see yourself stick at it and people help you out then buy a decent bike like a KTM KX RM YZ or anything really but for second bike dont get anything over a 125 if you feel a bit more confident on riding a 125 and fancy racing get a two stroke like i did but at the age of 12 id say that would be too big probably like a small wheel 85cc would be ideal for a second bike actually or big wheel depends on hight and how comfortable you feel on it and to drive it that is the main factor everyone forgets

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!