PDA

View Full Version : Netgear DGB111G [DG834G] Installation Probs.

kreechin
31-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Okay, so I've had this router for a while now, and decided to reformat my PC today cause it was full of crap, so I reformatted and i've tried to reinstall the router and it's not working for me, I installed AOL and the broadband modem before the router, and then attempted to install the router and it wouldn't install I had this problem when I first purchased the router but worked around it some how, but i've forgotten how I managed to do it.

Did anyone have this problem and how did you manage to work around it?

iUnknown
31-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Could you explain more what the problem is? You just say that it doesn't install.... does it crash or does it give you an error etc....

kreechin
31-03-2008, 10:24 PM
When I get to the final step it says 'no router or cable detected'

iUnknown
31-03-2008, 10:30 PM
When I get to the final step it says 'no router or cable detected'

Have you completed the AOL netgear installation? For that specific netgear model, you have to run a special AOL installation that's downloadable off the AOL help section for it to work - don't ask me why.

Misawa
31-03-2008, 10:31 PM
You don't need your AOL modem installed nor present. Install the router following each step carefully - plugging things in when you're asked to - for example. Other than that, try and look for the latest drivers online for your router; download and install.

kreechin
31-03-2008, 10:41 PM
I realise my old modem don't need to be installed but atm if i aint got it installed im screwed trying to look for help on it.
I've follwed it step by step, just as it asked using the CD and it gave me the message above, I've also tried the aol installer about an hour ago and that also failed to detect the router.

Also the firmware fix that fixes the problem with AOL, I can't use untill i get the router running :/

Misawa
31-03-2008, 10:51 PM
I realise my old modem don't need to be installed but atm if i aint got it installed im screwed trying to look for help on it.
I've follwed it step by step, just as it asked using the CD and it gave me the message above, I've also tried the aol installer about an hour ago and that also failed to detect the router.

Also the firmware fix that fixes the problem with AOL, I can't use untill i get the router running :/

Look for the latest drivers then for your router on the NETgear website.

kreechin
31-03-2008, 11:00 PM
there are no drivers.

kreechin
31-03-2008, 11:43 PM
cant edit my last post, so just to let you know, i found the issue.
I looked at my ethernet controller and it wasn't installed, once it was installed, boom, it worked =)
close/delete topic please.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!