PDA

View Full Version : iPod Classic 80 gig ...

Pazza
01-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Might be ordering one, need to ask a few questions.

1 - Is it worth it (£150) ?

2 - Do they break easily ?

3 - Does it come with everything you need ?

4 - Can you put movies on it ? (Main one)

I was hoping to use it for the french trip I'm going on, and they look pretty good.

Ty for any help

Jordy
01-04-2008, 06:10 PM
I think your going to be pleased with most the answers.

1 - Is it worth it (£150) ? Yeah if your going to use it for a variety of things, photos, movies, podcasts etc and not just music with daily use.

2 - Do they break easily ? No they're extremely solid things and they're not at all delicate. I wouldn't recommend chucking them on floor and things (Though I have chucked one from 2.5 metre's by accident and it was fine). Nothing will break providing your not silly with it and don't put excessive pressure on the screen. Just today they where doing bag searches at school for phones and music players so I hid the iPod in the soul of my shoe and walked a fair distance with my weight on it and it was fine :P

3 - Does it come with everything you need ? Yeah it comes with a USB Cable and headphones, sometimes a cleaning cloth and a plastic show-case stand. There's nothing else you really need, you could optionally by a case or a decent stand and maybe some speakers.

4 - Can you put movies on it ? (Main one): Yes you can put any movies in .mp4 format on it, .mp4 is the same format as the Sony PSP supports.

Great storage you certainly won't maximise 80GB easily, it's a very solid item and works well for a variety of things, especially films ;)

I'm also going on a long trip to France and the main worry is that they only charge with a USB Cable, and that usually involves a Computer, so sadly it doesn't charge through the mains. If you take a USB Router or some sort of adapter you can easily put the USB Cable in that and charge it through the mains that way. I've got a mini little stand I got off eBay and it plugs into the mains as well as the computer so I'll take that with me to keep it charged.

Recommended.

Pazza
01-04-2008, 06:20 PM
I think your going to be pleased with most the answers.

1 - Is it worth it (£150) ? Yeah if your going to use it for a variety of things, photos, movies, podcasts etc and not just music with daily use.

2 - Do they break easily ? No they're extremely solid things and they're not at all delicate. I wouldn't recommend chucking them on floor and things (Though I have chucked one from 2.5 metre's by accident and it was fine). Nothing will break providing your not silly with it and don't put excessive pressure on the screen. Just today they where doing bag searches at school for phones and music players so I hid the iPod in the soul of my shoe and walked a fair distance with my weight on it and it was fine :P

3 - Does it come with everything you need ? Yeah it comes with a USB Cable and headphones, sometimes a cleaning cloth and a plastic show-case stand. There's nothing else you really need, you could optionally by a case or a decent stand and maybe some speakers.

4 - Can you put movies on it ? (Main one): Yes you can put any movies in .mp4 format on it, .mp4 is the same format as the Sony PSP supports.

Great storage you certainly won't maximise 80GB easily, it's a very solid item and works well for a variety of things, especially films ;)

I'm also going on a long trip to France and the main worry is that they only charge with a USB Cable, and that usually involves a Computer, so sadly it doesn't charge through the mains. If you take a USB Router or some sort of adapter you can easily put the USB Cable in that and charge it through the mains that way. I've got a mini little stand I got off eBay and it plugs into the mains as well as the computer so I'll take that with me to keep it charged.

Recommended.

:D

Thanks, ordered now off amazon for £148.80. And yeh, i'm pleased!

About france : 6 hrs to dover, 3hr ferry, so I can probably do with something to keep me alive.

I've got a plug charger, from my nano. Would that work.

And +rep, Its easier to do on HxF because the internet is a biiiiiig plage.

Wasn't expecting such a big answer :P

Cheers again,

Pazza :P

Jordy
01-04-2008, 06:33 PM
I think the mains connector from your Nano would probably work as all iPod Device's use the same connector at the bottom so it won't depend on the model. I'm assuming the mains charger going into the wide connector on the Nano so it'd probably work as all iPods have the same (excl shuffle I think).

Try remember to take a french plug converter though :P

Pazza
01-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Yup, it was a holiday pack

Needed it for Portugal :D

Jordy
01-04-2008, 06:41 PM
You should be fine then, nice purchase I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

samsaBEAR
01-04-2008, 07:29 PM
id spend the extra tenner and get a case for it, just in case you do drop it.

Pazza
01-04-2008, 07:33 PM
id spend the extra tenner and get a case for it, just in case you do drop it.

Yeah, don't want to do that :(

Thanks for everyones help!

Firehorse
01-04-2008, 08:11 PM
if you wanna use it mostly for vids then invest in a touch. otherwise they're like an ipod video except smaller screen and different case.

Markness.
01-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Good choice :)
Better value for money than the other iPods

It also looks great with a leather case, dropped mine a few times in that and no breakages :)

alexxxxx
01-04-2008, 08:34 PM
i got this one. it's great!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!