PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 747 Dreamlifter Wake Turbulence (haha)

Scania
02-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey Folks

Well incase you don't know what the Boeing 747 LCF Dreamlifter is, I'll type up a short description to fill you in.

The Boeing 747 LCF Dreamlifter is a converted Boeing 747-400 to transport fuselage parts, wings etc for the new Boeing 787-Dreamliner. It has a lenth to live up to of 235ft 2inc. (71.68 metres). It has an overall wingspan of 211 ft 5 in (64.4 m) so its wingspan is nearly equal to its body lenth, and it stands at a total height. 70 ft 8 in (21.54 m). It has a MTOW - (Maximum Takeoff Weight of 364,235kg (803,000lbs).

Here is a short summary of what the LCF looks like.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/photos/photos/3/0/0/1272003.jpg

The first 747 Large Cargo Freighter (LCF) was rolled out of the hangar at Taiwan International on August 17, 2006. It successfully completed its first test flight on September 9, 2006 from this airport. On 16/9/2006 N747BC arrived at the Boeing Field, Seattle to complete the flight test program. Swing-tail testing was done at the Boeing factory in Everett. The second airplane, N780BA, made its inaugural test flight on 16 Debruary 2007. The third has begun modification in 2007. The first two LCFs entered service in 2007 to support the final assembly of the first Dreamliners.

During a test flight in November 2006, a unlucky Cessna 172 was being used for a training flight, when it encountered the Dreamlifters wake turbulence. The small General Aviation aircraft was accidentally, rapidly descented by 1,000 feet of altitude, before the tuition pilot was able to regain control of the GA aircraft at just 150 feet ASL. (Just 46m high!)

I thought that above was quite funny, but meanwhile somewhat 'dangerous'.

Thanks for reading ;)

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Boeing/Boeing-747-409%28LCF%29-Dreamlifter/1272003/L/ (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Boeing/Boeing-747-409%28LCF%29-Dreamlifter/1272003/L/)

Technologic
02-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Still doesnt beat the super guppy

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/59/SuperGuppy-F-BPPA.jpg/800px-SuperGuppy-F-BPPA.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/59/SuperGuppy-F-BPPA.jpg)

Or beluga
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/80/Airbus-A300-600STl.jpg/800px-Airbus-A300-600STl.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/80/Airbus-A300-600STl.jpg)

Adam!
02-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Hilariously funny....

Then again, I wouldn't expect a n00b like you, who thinks they have more real life hours than anyone on the forum but admitted you have 2 to understand the extreme seriousness of wake turbulence.

Edited by Mrs.McCall (Forum Moderator): Please do not insult other forum members.

Jordan,
02-04-2008, 06:01 PM
I like the beluga

Scania
02-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Hilariously funny....

Then again, I wouldn't expect a n00b like you, who thinks they have more real life hours than anyone on the forum but admitted you have 2 to understand the extreme seriousness of wake turbulence.

Lol seriously. Shut up and go away. You've proved your point and your the only fool to keep going on about it. Your like a bloody 2 year old throwing mud. Even Scott D had to admit you were for having your tongue right down the back of that poor dolphins fishy throat!

Edited by Mrs.McCall (Forum Moderator): Please do not insult other forum members.

Adam!
02-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Lol seriously. Shut up and go away. You've proved your point and your the only fool to keep going on about it. Your like a bloody 2 year old throwing mud. Even Scott D had to admit you were for having your tongue right down the back of that poor dolphins fishy throat!

Oh well, at least I don't deem it neccessery to lie about how many real life flying hours I've had!! - You find it funny that wake turbulence nearly caused a crash, that shows how sick, sad and immature you are. Re the dolphin thing, everybody did it so why shouldn't I participate? - :).

Your just a lying immature child, I suggest you grow up and take your stupid threads somewhere else - There is nothing funny about this at all, your immaturity really does show here.

Edited by Biohazard (Forum Moderator): Please do not insult other forum members.

NEW-START
02-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Personally, I do not find a near-death experience funny.

cocaine
02-04-2008, 06:28 PM
one can only agree with the above and the person above the above :)

was that you in the cessna, with your instructor? no, thats because you havent had any lessons.

Edited by Hayd93 (Forum Moderator): Please do not insult other forum members.

Scania
02-04-2008, 06:43 PM
How sad was Adam saying he phoned up the CAA to check my hours, when he clearly didn't.

If he did, you would note that I infact do have real world hours.

Yoshimitsui
02-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Are you kidding?

Has that plane even been produced!

NEW-START
02-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Are you kidding?

Has that plane even been produced!

Yes, it has indeed!

Adam!
02-04-2008, 06:53 PM
How sad was Adam saying he phoned up the CAA to check my hours, when he clearly didn't.

If he did, you would note that I infact do have real world hours.

I clearly did phone the CAA up (well I got my instructor too), who said you had 2 hours, which you later admitted to me on MSN ;)

Now your going to tell me since we had that conversation, where you appologised for lying saying your grandad died etc - You've some how accumulated more hours than me in real world? :eusa_wall

Technologic
02-04-2008, 06:53 PM
I think you should all stop biting at each others necks.. although i have to say whoever edited those posts overreacted a little...

On topic: I still can't see how those planes fly.. they're bloody enormous

Mr.Sam
02-04-2008, 06:58 PM
:8

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/4659/planese3.jpg

Edited by Hayd93 (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

xxMATTGxx
02-04-2008, 07:36 PM
I had enough of this. Argument after argument, just shut the hell up. Then again in a few weeks Im out of here and never see such things ever again! Sam, nice post to be honest. I quite like the 747LCF, for its cool design and so on.

Scania
02-04-2008, 07:38 PM
I had enough of this. Argument after argument, just shut the hell up. Then again in a few weeks Im out of here and never see such things ever again! Sam, nice post to be honest. I quite like the 747LCF, for its cool design and so on.

Thank you Matt.

Nice picture of the Guppy there Mr.Sam ;)

Adam! You know I had 2 hours, so why is the 'sam who has no hours' still coming up in threads?

cocaine
02-04-2008, 07:40 PM

if you dont like it then leave now?

and yeah thats a beast of a plane

xxMATTGxx
02-04-2008, 07:43 PM
if you dont like it then leave now?

and yeah thats a beast of a plane

Because I don't leave if people tell me to :) I set a date and I'm sticking to it, Mr. I don't wash my hair. All i was say this forum is full of this, yeah I must admit i done some myself, but i stopped now. Well, who cares.

Edited by Hayd93 (Forum Moderator): Please don't be rude.

Scania
02-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Because I don't leave if people tell me to :) I set a date and I'm sticking to it, Mr. I don't wash my hair. All i was say this forum is full of this, yeah I must admit i done some myself, but i stopped now. Well, who cares.

That fits me aswell (I done some myself, but i stopped now)

Also: Welcome back Yoshimitsui <3

cocaine
02-04-2008, 07:55 PM

REMOVED cus i might get infractioned xoxoxox

and yeah, beastly plane

02-04-2008, 09:12 PM
thats one hot airplane..

Adam!
02-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Thank you Matt.

Nice picture of the Guppy there Mr.Sam ;)

Adam! You know I had 2 hours, so why is the 'sam who has no hours' still coming up in threads?

Read my post, I didn't say no hours.

lew!
02-04-2008, 09:33 PM
for gods sake, stop aruging over somehting pathetic as that, its flying hours, Im sorry but stop showing off. who cares if he lied, so what if you have had more..

Adam!
02-04-2008, 09:35 PM
for gods sake, stop aruging over somehting pathetic as that, its flying hours, Im sorry but stop showing off. who cares if he lied, so what if you have had more..
Because lying is pathetic, there is no need for it - He tried to be better than others, which he isn't.

I don't care that I have more flying hours, I really don't care!

Scania
02-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Because lying is pathetic, there is no need for it - He tried to be better than others, which he isn't.

I don't care that I have more flying hours, I really don't care!

Also, I very much doubt that you go up in the cockpit of a 738 every other Monday.

Adam!
02-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Also, I very much doubt that you go up in the cockpit of a 738 every other Monday.
Certainly not anymore, however, I did :)

lew!
02-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Well if he wants to lie, then he can be pathetic (No offence)
If you still want to brag, then you can brag.

But nobody really wants to hear it.

Adam!
02-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Well if he wants to lie, then he can be pathetic (No offence)
If you still want to brag, then you can brag.

But nobody really wants to hear it.
I've got nothing to brag about...

Yes, I'm further on the PPL course than most people here - So what? They will get there eventually :S - It's just, the lying bit which I cannot stand.

Maybe someone is further on I don't know.. A driving course than someone else, nothing to brag about? - Also nothing to lie about.

lew!
02-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Then ignore his posts? Simple.

Adam!
02-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Then ignore his posts? Simple.
I fully intend to do just that.

NEW-START
03-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Private Messages would be the best solotion!

Greco!!
03-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Adam! i probably have more flying hours than u

that aeroplane looks weird, it looks similar to a concorde

03-04-2008, 02:36 PM
it looks nothing like concorde :rolleyes:

NEW-START
03-04-2008, 07:08 PM
it looks nothing like concorde :rolleyes:

Don't you realise he is trying to wind posters up on purpose? Sad he cannot contribute.

I'd just ignore them if I was you. ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!