PDA

View Full Version : Maaaajor Laptop Help.

Fishermaaan
02-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Ye, need some major laptop help.
I went on my laptop, and I clicked run...typed in msconfig, and clicked the start-up tab...and disabled all to make my pc open faster.
I then restarted.

Once my PC opened again however, it was chaos.

The windows xp theme was gone, i tried getting it back via control panel > themes...but it wasn't there.

Also, normally, I have to press a button on my laptop to connect me to the wireless internet, it wasn't working...internet wouldn't come on.

Furthermore, the mousepad were u use your fingers to move it wouldnt work when i wanted to click on it. But it would work when I moved the cursor with it.

Please help me out guys, this is devastating.

Technologic
02-04-2008, 06:06 PM
You disabled all applications...

Including ALL your drivers?

Robbie
02-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Re-enable them? Plug in a USB mouse or something while you do it.

HUGECOOL
02-04-2008, 06:22 PM
As stated above, you basically told your computer not to execute any applications or drivers (software that makes your computer hardware work) when starting up which explains why your mouse pad and wireless button aren't working.

You can either try using another wired mouse to re-enable all the options you de-selected or start up in safe mode and do it.

For future reference, make sure you know what you're disabling/enabling before doing anything. If you aren't sure what the application does, Google it to check if its something important or a driver your computer needs.

Fishermaaan
02-04-2008, 06:24 PM
I did re-enable it all, still...nothing happened :/

Recursion
02-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Are you sure they are ALL back to normal? if not then go and reformat, everyone needs to format every now and then imo

HUGECOOL
02-04-2008, 06:27 PM
I did re-enable it all, still...nothing happened :/
You have to restart your computer now. :)

Fishermaaan
02-04-2008, 06:31 PM
k I kind of fixed it.
But one prob, how do I get the fingerpad to work.
It can move the cursor, but it doesnt click for me;/
Help :)

Technologic
02-04-2008, 06:35 PM
k I kind of fixed it.
But one prob, how do I get the fingerpad to work.
It can move the cursor, but it doesnt click for me;/
Help :)
If you have a usb mouse go to device manager, open "Mice and other pointing devices", right clcik the laptop mouse using the usb mouse, and click enable if it's there.. if it says disable then i have no idea

sgraham
02-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Why not just try a System Restore?

Fishermaaan
02-04-2008, 06:37 PM
nope i dont have a usb mouse.
The little thing in the laptop where u use your finger to move the cursor works, it moves the cursor, BUT, it doesnt work when I try to click using it...i need help on dis pls

joshuar
02-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Your keyboard should still work so try this:
Push the Windows Logo and navigate your way to Run by using the arrow keys, press enter.

Type in msconfig and press enter for the screen to come up. The option should be on "Selective startup", by using the arrow keys, press it up to "Normal Startup", then press enter. It will ask you to restart, press "Enter". It should then reboot and start how it used too.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!