PDA

View Full Version : :(

Zak
06-04-2008, 01:53 AM
Yes, well now that I have been away from school for quite some time and am in full time work. I miss the times that I used to have at school, it really wasn't bad.. I went to college after I left school but I turned down the opportunity to go to University, mainly because of the cost.

I never liked school when I was there, which was my downfall as I did not do very well in my GCSES, although after that I went on to pass my Btec National Diploma with distinction quality.

I just wanted to say to all the people who go YAY IM LEAVING SCHOOL YES YES YES!1!!. It really isn't so good :(
GCSES really aren't hard so don't worry about them :P just try and enjoy your time there.

StripedTiger
06-04-2008, 02:48 PM
I know what you mean :P Partially anyway.

I used to love school so much, but in september I had to move to a different school because of sixth form / A-levels. I wasnt "allowed" to go to college because my parents thought a school atmosphere would be better for me :] I'm glad they regret it :P At times I could kill them.

But yeah, I havnt even finished school and started working yet, but I already miss the GCSE days when I only cared about 1 subject, and I never got a bad grade for any of my subjects.

Now its constant failing, constant disappointments and non-stop work. Maybe bout 75% of kids who leave will regret it, but not everyone does

Discharge Man
06-04-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm contemplating leaving AS levels because I have corrupt teachers [and yes, they are] and I'm struggling to keep up with the work and I'm constantly failing and just generally doing bad.

I did well in my GCSE's - didn't fail one subject [8 B's, 4 C's] but A-Levels... geesh. The way our school worked was they though it'd be good to drop us in the deep end at the end of GCSE's so we can work 'independently' but we had some sort of mini-protest about it but nothing's getting changed.

I told myself I don't want to be stuck in a dead-end job but I don't think I want to go to university because of the financial aspect and statistical figures I've seen so I don't really know what these 2 years can do for me - apart from give me 3 big F's on my resume?

StripedTiger
06-04-2008, 11:58 PM
I'm contemplating leaving AS levels because I have corrupt teachers [and yes, they are] and I'm struggling to keep up with the work and I'm constantly failing and just generally doing bad.

I told myself I don't want to be stuck in a dead-end job but I don't think I want to go to university because of the financial aspect and statistical figures I've seen so I don't really know what these 2 years can do for me - apart from give me 3 big F's on my resume?

What subjects are you taking?

the science and maths, and maybe some others and quite straight forward to pass if you get your hands on enough past papers, do enough practise questions, and look at enough mark schemes. Within a few weeks i went from a U/E to C/D just by doing that for chemistry.

You got 5 weeks until the exams begin, maybe a little bit more, it really is worth looking at past papers, maybe make yourself some posters, drawings etc. Get yourself to revision lessons if they're available?

I keep failing biology (i dont do past papers for that, i more or less waste my time :D) and one of my teachers, shes so old but lovely. She now does some revision sessions a week fo me and this other girl, and its really sweet how she keeps trying to make me more confident by saying im a smart girl etc. Last revision session i was almost silent all the way through, except for whispeing 80% of the answers to the other girl. I was surpised at how much i know off doing so little.

So the main thing with a levels is to know what the examiners want in your answers. XDDDD

iCosmo
07-04-2008, 07:29 AM
I can't wait till leave school lolz

Edited by Minty (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

Dan2nd
07-04-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm leaving college and am getting a full time job because degrees these days are as common as sweets and as everyone has one employers are less impressed by them so meh =] Everyone at college is giving me a hard time about it telling me I won't get a good job but I always say my Dad left school after A - levels his first job was a cashier at the Halifax bank and now he is a Director at one of the biggest Merchent banks in the world so meh =]

e5
07-04-2008, 09:51 AM
I don't enjoy going to school, but I know what you mea. People take friends at school for granted, and I wouldn't ever want to never see them, or whatever. Especially 1 person :(

Virgin Mary
07-04-2008, 08:19 PM
I have to agree. The only thing I really like about college is how people who got A*s at GCSE fail their AS modules and cry about it.

Nain
07-04-2008, 08:58 PM
i feel sorry for you :(

07-04-2008, 09:44 PM
exactly what i feel like now
for those of you who are at school and hate it, when you leave, youll REALLY miss it..

leah
08-04-2008, 06:23 AM
Lol I'm leaving this year, sometimes I'll be like in the school when its quiet between lessons or something and I just think OMG I don't wanna live, its gone so fast! but then i'm really excited for the future too, but I hate change aswell, so i'll probably cry when I leave lol :p

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!