PDA

View Full Version : Intel vs AMD

Firehorse
10-04-2008, 08:29 AM
What happens when they're coolers are removed. Shows how much better intels are.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XgOmMAasqto

DJ-Vimto
10-04-2008, 09:04 AM
it does and it doesnt.

it does because it can be clearly seen that the AMD's go up in smoke.

but you have to assume that all the processors used in that vid were used in either the same computer, or identical ones and that they were operating for the same length of time before the cooler was removed

Jordy
10-04-2008, 10:37 AM
It's hardly a relevant test to prove which processor's are better because your not meant to take the fan off any processor. It shows you can take a fan off an Intel for a little while and if you take it off on an AMD it'll just frazzle. The advice is, leave the fan on either processor or your applications won't work.

This doesn't mean anything in an Intel vs AMD test as both the applications stop.

FlyingJesus
10-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Wasn't planning on removing the fan anyway :S this shows nothing other than the fact that AMDs get kinda warm

Firehorse
10-04-2008, 11:15 AM
It shows which processor is better at surviving say if the cpu fan got jammed and stopped working. you'd obviously not want your cpu going up in smoke.

DaveTaylor
10-04-2008, 02:29 PM
It shows which processor is better at surviving say if the cpu fan got jammed and stopped working. you'd obviously not want your cpu going up in smoke.

Hence the point of the heatsink, your argument is going round in circles here.

DJ-Vimto
10-04-2008, 03:17 PM

and whats the likelyhood of something jamming a cpu fan if its cared for properly?

Recursion
10-04-2008, 03:18 PM
AMDs are known to run hotter, their CPUs and GPUs, so what? This proves nothing, its just person opinion which one you like better, I like Intel better, don't know why, have no reason to, its just my personal preference.

Stephen!
10-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Clock for clock, Intel's newest processors perform alot better than AMD's newest processors.

Firehorse
10-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Showing how hot they get shows which one uses more power aswell. So if you're gonna buy a laptop that you will use a lot out and about then intel is a better choice.

iFuse how is my argument going round in circles? Sometimes fans just stop even if they're only days old.

DaveTaylor
10-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Showing how hot they get shows which one uses more power aswell. So if you're gonna buy a laptop that you will use a lot out and about then intel is a better choice.

iFuse how is my argument going round in circles? Sometimes fans just stop even if they're only days old.

Hence why you always have a test for 24 hours before your completely happy incase this happens.

Firehorse
10-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Hence why you always have a test for 24 hours before your completely happy incase this happens.

you what?

Metric1
05-05-2008, 02:44 AM
I was told they are basicly the same, intel just spends a lot of money on advertising, and those costs are passed onto the consumer.

Recursion
05-05-2008, 06:26 AM
No, Intel is far ahead of AMD in the CPU industry, I personally didn't mind spending a bit more to go with Intel.

And then you have Nvidia to are far ahead of ATi (same company as AMD).

OMG 9000th POST! :D

Zaub
05-05-2008, 07:37 AM
I agree with the above post. The stuff that AMD has brought out is nothing compared to Intel's. It has been proven.

DaveTaylor
05-05-2008, 09:49 AM
No, Intel is far ahead of AMD in the CPU industry, I personally didn't mind spending a bit more to go with Intel.

And then you have Nvidia to are far ahead of ATi (same company as AMD).

OMG 9000th POST! :D

I agree with the above post. The stuff that AMD has brought out is nothing compared to Intel's. It has been proven.
just wait til the tri-core as this will be true dual core not some fake one. I will get iFuseDan to post the proper information.

N!ck
05-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Well AMD dual cores have always been closer to like having two seperate CPUs than Intel's.

sekonda
05-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Hold on guys, aren't you forgetting that Intel has been on the market a lot longer than AMD? It's like Microsoft and Apple. Apple is starting to become a lot more popular than Micrsoft.

Surely this might happen later on in ADM's lifetime?

N!ck
05-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Hold on guys, aren't you forgetting that Intel has been on the market a lot longer than AMD? It's like Microsoft and Apple. Apple is starting to become a lot more popular than Micrsoft.

Surely this might happen later on in ADM's lifetime?

AMD > Intel up until the Core 2 Duos came out. Athlon XP > Pentium 4, Athlon 64 > Pentium 4, Athlon 64 x2 > Pentium D and then C2D came out.

sekonda
06-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Fair enough

Tomm
06-05-2008, 05:19 PM
To be honest I used to be an AMD fan until they released there Phenom processors. I felt so let down I moved to intel. Only time will tell if their triple core processors will have the same fate as the quad cores ones.

Anyway back to this stupid arguments of if the fan was jammed. Even if somehow it managed to get jammed for whatever reason you computer would automatically turn itself off to prevent overheating.

just wait til the tri-core as this will be true dual core not some fake one. I will get iFuseDan to post the proper information.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!