PDA

View Full Version : Online videos: sound but not image

Polly-alyssa
10-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Hi, i was wondering if anyone knew what i could do to fix this problem. My computer allows me to watch videos such as Doctor who episodes (using an example) on the BBC, and i get both the sound and visual. however if i go on websites such as ITV, or if i download 4od, there is some error, and i only get the sound and there is no visual. Does anyone know what i can do to fix this problem?
Any help would be much appreciated. Thnx Xx

Marcinator
10-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Could be a problem with those sites?

Polly-alyssa
11-04-2008, 08:00 AM
i don't think it is.. because i know some of my friends who can view the videos on their computers

iFuseDan
14-04-2008, 12:55 AM
If you can hear sound, but not see picture ... it often is a sign of a codec issue. If they are using Windows Media Player for example (inside the webpage showing video), if you right click on the black area where picture is, and click "Error Details", then select the web-help option, it'll provide you with a link for where to download the codec.

Polly-alyssa
20-04-2008, 05:29 PM
When i right hand click and the menu comes up, i get a list of options including 'error details', however, the rest of the options i am able to click on but error details and another option i am unable. so it appears that my computer doesn't recognise there to be an error. I tried reinstalling windows media play too, but this doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!