PDA

View Full Version : Looking For CD Drivers

Jade-x-x
14-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Hello, my CD & DVD Drivers has completely gone.

I put a cd in and it doesnt even find it.

Ive got a e-system laptop

Can anyone help?

Galaxay
14-04-2008, 10:33 AM
You need to find a disk or what type of CD drive it is (type as in make, model, etc) then download off their website.

Jade-x-x
14-04-2008, 10:43 AM
I dunno, its the one that allready came with the laptop.

There no name on the CD thing.

Is there anyway i can find out?

Galaxay
14-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Contact manufacture.

If its a dell they ship with the drivers cd's.

Jade-x-x
14-04-2008, 10:54 AM
its a e-systems.

And its kinda 2nd hand so i wont have any info on laptop or anything

iFuseDan
14-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Is the device listed on device manager?
If your right click "My Computer" and hit manage system management console will pop up.

If you select "Device Manager" in "System Tools", expand "DVD/CD-ROM drives" (if it doesnt exist, post back), now if your device is listed but has a yellow exclamation mark next to it, right click hit properties and copy back to thread the text inside Device status (you can select it all to copy, so you dont need to re-type it). The advice for you would depend if its CODE 10 - Device can not start, or CODE 1 This device is not configured correctly, is different etc...

-Jaydee-
14-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

- There was the yellow exclamation mark.
- I clicked properties.
-The Device is TSSTcorp CD/DVDw TS-L632D.

iFuseDan
14-04-2008, 02:32 PM
You have done the usual, right click on the device and uninstall, then right clicking "My Computer" (at the top of the hardware list), and clicking scan for new hardware?

-Jaydee-
14-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Its found new hardware, but its still go the exclamation mark :S

-Jaydee-
14-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Still Need Help Please :D

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Administrator): Please do not multiple post.

Dynamic-Mike
15-04-2008, 12:01 PM
go on the manufactures website and download them?

-Jaydee-
17-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Help please?

iFuseDan
17-04-2008, 08:13 PM
-Jaydee-

I return with more advice for you lol - Okay this is a much more complicated attempt of a fix.

Click Start->Run, type "regedit" (without quotes), and press okay.

Be careful, not following this exactly may end up in you damaging your copy of windows to the point where it may not run properly
In the Registry Editor, expand My Computer, and then expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Expand SYSTEM, and then expand CurrentControlSet.
Expand Control, and then expand Class.
Inside Class, click {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} (there will be alot of variations, be sure to select the right one)
In the right pane (topic area), click UpperFilters (not UpperFilters.bak), hit the delete key - a message will popup asking to confirm deleting it, click yes.
Do exactly the same as above except instead of deleting UpperFilters, its LowerFilters this time.

This deletes some of the registry settings for the driver itself, now once youve done this - close the registry editor and then go to device manager; uninstall then re-install your dvd drive exactly as i said in the previous post. Let me know how you get on this time - if you get really stuck and dont feel confident doing the registry fix, let me know and i'll upload a registry file that you can import that will do exacly the same steps (for registry bit at least).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!