PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P 96 <3

Scouse
15-04-2008, 12:41 PM
19 years ago today 96 Liverpool fans lost there lives due to being crushed to death during the FA cup semi final match against Nottingham Forest at Hillsborough.

Here is a list of the people who lost there lives:

John Alfred Anderson (62)
Colin Mark Ashcroft (19)
James Gary Aspinall (18)
Kester Roger Marcus Ball (16)
Gerard Bernard Patrick Baron (67)
Simon Bell (17)
Barry Sidney Bennett (26)
David John Benson (22)
David William Birtle (22)
Tony Bland (22)
Paul David Brady (21)
Andrew Mark Brookes (26)
Carl Brown (18)
David Steven Brown (25)
Henry Thomas Burke (47)
Peter Andrew Burkett (24)
Paul William Carlile (19)
Raymond Thomas Chapman (50)
Gary Christopher Church (19)
Joseph Clark (29)
Paul Clark (18)
Gary Collins (22)
Stephen Paul Copoc (20)
Tracey Elizabeth Cox (23)
James Philip Delaney (19)
Christopher Barry Devonside (18)
Christopher Edwards (29)
Vincent Michael Fitzsimmons (34)
Thomas Steven Fox (21)
Jon-Paul Gilhooley (10)
Barry Glover (27)
Ian Thomas Glover (20)
Derrick George Godwin (24)
Roy Harry Hamilton (34)
Philip Hammond (14)
Eric Hankin (33)
Gary Harrison (27)
Stephen Francis Harrison (31)
Peter Andrew Harrison (15)
David Hawley (39)
James Robert Hennessy (29)
Paul Anthony Hewitson (26)
Carl Darren Hewitt (17)
Nicholas Michael Hewitt (16)
Sarah Louise Hicks (19)
Victoria Jane Hicks (15)
Gordon Rodney Horn (20)
Arthur Horrocks (41)
Thomas Howard (39)
Thomas Anthony Howard (14)
Eric George Hughes (42)
Alan Johnston (29)
Christine Anne Jones (27)
Gary Philip Jones (18)
Richard Jones (25)
Nicholas Peter Joynes (27)
Anthony Peter Kelly (29)
Michael David Kelly (38)
Carl David Lewis (18)
David William Mather (19)
Brian Christopher Mathews (38)
Francis Joseph McAllister (27)
John McBrien (18)
Marion Hazel McCabe (21)
Joseph Daniel McCarthy (21)
Peter McDonnell (21)
Alan McGlone (28)
Keith McGrath (17)
Paul Brian Murray (14)
Lee Nicol (14)
Stephen Francis O’Neill (17)
Jonathon Owens (18)
William Roy Pemberton (23)
Carl William Rimmer (21)
David George Rimmer (38)
Graham John Roberts (24)
Steven Joseph Robinson (17)
Henry Charles Rogers (17)
Colin Andrew Hugh William Sefton (23)
Inger Shah (38)
Paula Ann Smith (26)
Adam Edward Spearritt (14)
Philip John Steele (15)
David Leonard Thomas (23)
Patrik John Thompson (35)
Peter Reuben Thompson (30)
Stuart Paul William Thompson (17)
Peter Francis Tootle (21)
Christopher James Traynor (26)
Martin Kevin Traynor (16)
Kevin Tyrrell (15)
Colin Wafer (19)
Ian David Whelan (19)
Martin Kenneth Wild (29)
Kevin Daniel Williams (15)
Graham John Wright (17)

R.I.P all, you will never be forgotten

YNWA <3

Niko Bellic
15-04-2008, 12:43 PM
People as young as 14 :O

RIP

Tristan
15-04-2008, 12:47 PM
People as young as 14 :O

RIP

There's a 10 year old in there too.

:(

Niko Bellic
15-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Ouch, I never saw that - that's bad :(

Scouse
15-04-2008, 04:48 PM
yeah its terrible that anyone died specialy a 10 year old. my uncle was there but on the top stand pulling people up. :(

Puma!
15-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Being from and being raised just by hillsborough, I must admit that the Hillsborough disaster saddens me; but the people who anger me are the Liverpool fans.

Why? I wasn't around, but my mum was pregnant with me at the time and both her and my dad can reccolect that day extremely well (because they were both in employment).

My dad was a taxi driver and drove many people to and from the 'scene of the crime', he picked up 3 sets of Liverpool fans and a set of Nottingham forrest fans; even today when I was watching the news he mentions 'Ahh, every group of scousers that picked up were drunk out of their minds' and in addition to this, he noticed that one group had an underage drinker. On the other hand he picked up two blokes who were Forrest fans who although were drunk, they acted in a sensible manner.

Yes the event was extremely unfortunate, but it was my local football club and police force that got the majority of the blame. I know at least three police officers that lost their jobs not long after the disaster, one is still unemployed to this day. All those three people still blame the Scousers because the fact of the matter was they brought too many fans when they knew that there wasn't any more tickets available.

I'm just fustrated that the scousers seem to blame other people, when infact it was their own wrong doing.

I know my view of things is definatly a minority in this country but I have people who were there on the day and saw people trampled to death. Everybody else seems to follow the medias representation of the disaster, to which I totally disagree.

Btw - Any problems with what i've posted, f/r borin - I'll be more than happy to fight for my side.

Jamie!
17-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Being from and being raised just by hillsborough, I must admit that the Hillsborough disaster saddens me; but the people who anger me are the Liverpool fans.

Why? I wasn't around, but my mum was pregnant with me at the time and both her and my dad can reccolect that day extremely well (because they were both in employment).

My dad was a taxi driver and drove many people to and from the 'scene of the crime', he picked up 3 sets of Liverpool fans and a set of Nottingham forrest fans; even today when I was watching the news he mentions 'Ahh, every group of scousers that picked up were drunk out of their minds' and in addition to this, he noticed that one group had an underage drinker. On the other hand he picked up two blokes who were Forrest fans who although were drunk, they acted in a sensible manner.

Yes the event was extremely unfortunate, but it was my local football club and police force that got the majority of the blame. I know at least three police officers that lost their jobs not long after the disaster, one is still unemployed to this day. All those three people still blame the Scousers because the fact of the matter was they brought too many fans when they knew that there wasn't any more tickets available.

I'm just fustrated that the scousers seem to blame other people, when infact it was their own wrong doing.

I know my view of things is definatly a minority in this country but I have people who were there on the day and saw people trampled to death. Everybody else seems to follow the medias representation of the disaster, to which I totally disagree.

Btw - Any problems with what i've posted, f/r borin - I'll be more than happy to fight for my side.
You ain't in the minority when you say that...

Jordie
17-04-2008, 08:51 PM
:(:(

R.I.P

Geraint
17-04-2008, 09:10 PM

I know Liverpool took too many fans but surely Sheffield Wednesday have to have some of the blame. There were fences in that stand to segregate the home fans and away fans. Knowing Liverpool have a large travelling contingent the fences should have been taken out.

You say about everyone blaming the police but in a way it was their fault. They allowed fans into the ground as there were too many fans outside the turnstiles trying to get in.

Puma!
18-04-2008, 04:31 PM
I know Liverpool took too many fans but

You say about everyone blaming the police but in a way it was their fault. They allowed fans into the ground as there were too many fans outside the turnstiles trying to get in.

They didn't though, many Liverpool fans were climbing over the turnstyles.

Catzsy
18-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Its very touching that you have posted this tribute, Scouse. +rep.

Nereo
18-04-2008, 06:31 PM
that list is far too long. :(

Meti
18-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Jon-Paul Gilhooley (10)

OMG

10 years :(

RIP

Frisky
18-04-2008, 06:34 PM
I've been told about this.

They let too many fans in and people at the front suffocated :(

Andeeh
18-04-2008, 08:02 PM
96 of the best supporters.

1 of them was steve gerrards cousin (John Paul)

i read about it in his autobiography.

RIP.

brandon
18-04-2008, 08:10 PM

1 of them was steve gerrards cousin (John Paul)

i read about it in his autobiography.

RIP.
Yeah he was the 10 year old wasn't he? :(

Jack.Lfc
18-04-2008, 08:36 PM
JFT96

YNWA

Jamie!
18-04-2008, 08:48 PM

Best supporters?

Typical 'pool fan.

Disaronno
18-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Most people were dragged onto the pitch by St.johns hospital service and put into the recovery posistion, the only reason why they died is because people were coming onto the pitch to see if it was their mate and left them turnt over and they swallowed their tounge

Jack.Lfc
18-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Most people were dragged onto the pitch by St.johns hospital service and put into the recovery posistion, the only reason why they died is because people were coming onto the pitch to see if it was their mate and left them turnt over and they swallowed their tounge

The only reason they died because they were crushed against a fence.

JFT96

Disaronno
18-04-2008, 09:19 PM
The only reason they died because they were crushed against a fence.

JFT96

Well if you bloody look at what i wrote, its actually true. The people that were dragged onto the pitch. Were killed that way, so read next time. I never said all of them were, nab

Geraint
18-04-2008, 09:21 PM
They didn't though, many Liverpool fans were climbing over the turnstyles.

But the police opened the exit gates to allow fans to clear from the street.

Jack.Lfc
18-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Well if they wernt crused they wouldnt have swallowed there tounges

Disaronno
18-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Forgot it your obviously to immature to understand

Jack.Lfc
18-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Well this is no place to be arguing. I think you mean forget it.

JFT96

Disaronno
18-04-2008, 09:31 PM
No its not, however i meant that your too immature.

Jack.Lfc
18-04-2008, 09:34 PM
1989: Football fans crushed at Hillsborough
At least 93 football supporters have been killed in Britain's worst-ever sporting disaster.
They were crushed to death at Hillsborough stadium in Sheffield during the FA Cup semi-final between Nottingham Forest and Liverpool.

Does that state they swallowed there toungues? because they were left in wrong position?

Disaronno
18-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Oh dear. No your correct it doesnt. But then, why would you put that on there. The fact is they were crushed but if they werent being crushed then they wouldnt be on the pitch. Go now

Jack.Lfc
18-04-2008, 09:38 PM
the only reason why they died is because people were coming onto the pitch to see if it was their mate and left them turnt over and they swallowed their tounge

You earlier stated this. The only reason they died was because they were crushed to death the onlything which got dragged on to the pitch was there bodies.

Disaronno
18-04-2008, 09:40 PM

Acctually i said that. Which would mean that the people who were being suffer cated (sp) were being dragged onto the pitch, the fact that they were moved made the swallow their tounges

Jack.Lfc
18-04-2008, 09:42 PM
The thing is you put the ONLY reason why they died was because they swallowed there tounge. It was there dead bodies which were dragged onto pitch.

JFT96

Disaronno
18-04-2008, 09:46 PM

Look at they. It means the ones ON The pitch, died from either swallowing their tounges or already dead. I think you misunderstood the context of my - "they"

People being dragged were suffercating or had been crushed. That is why they were brought onto the pitch

Lets just end the argument as - You dont agree with me, i dont agree with you ;) K

Jack.Lfc
18-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Lets end it on a high, all those 96 fans would have been watching proudly over anfield on tuesday the 8th as liverpool march on to another european cup semi.

YNWA
JF96

GhostFace-
18-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Rip to all them.

PaulMacC
18-04-2008, 10:05 PM
RIP YNWA.

Scouse
19-04-2008, 05:22 PM
thanks catzsy. and we shouldnt be arguing over something like this :(

one of the fans was in a coma for about 4 years before he died :(

Andeeh
20-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Best supporters?

Typical 'pool fan.

Yes they are the best supporters because they were supporting the team they loved.

and yea John Paul was 10.

Pillsbury
20-04-2008, 09:38 PM
I really cant believe people are arguing about this. People who have no clue about what went on. People who I extremely doubt were even born 19 years ago. If youre not a liverpool fan, or your not gonna pay respects to the people who died, then no one wants you here.

YNWA

Puma!
21-04-2008, 01:00 AM
I really cant believe people are arguing about this. People who have no clue about what went on. People who I extremely doubt were even born 19 years ago. If youre not a liverpool fan, or your not gonna pay respects to the people who died, then no one wants you here.

YNWA
Excuse me?

My family lived 100 meters (not even that) from the ground and as I had explained earlier on in the post, i know police officers who lost their jobs because of that so called 'disaster'.

Please go to Sheffield one day, then you'll hear their view on what happened on that day and i'll tell you what; it's one of the only issues that both Wednesday and United fans share a common opinion on.

Pillsbury
21-04-2008, 10:37 AM
No one argued with you. Regardless of what you think caused this, the fact of the matter is that 96 people died. Now seriously, if youre not gonna pay respects to 96 innocent football fans, then shut up cos like I said before, no one wants you here.

And yes Jon-Paul Gilhooley was the youngest to die and was steven gerrards cousin.

Scouse
21-04-2008, 11:57 AM
yeah i bet john is very proud of his cousin now.

my uncle was there pulling people up to the top stand :(

Andeeh
21-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Also in the autobiography it says he plays football because of John Paul.

It is such a shame to see all the youngsters die at such a young age.
YNWA.

YoManGo!
21-04-2008, 04:36 PM

noone doubts that, thing is many innocent liverpool fans will have died from it too. also you cant say anything about drunkenness between different sets of supporters because that's due pretty much to coincidence =/

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!