PDA

View Full Version : holiday- sharm el sheik (however u spell it)

-=-Me-=-Me-=-
19-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Has Anyone Been?

im going to there for two weeks in the middle of summer
would anyone have any tips or experiences about the place??

oh and im looking for a holiday for christmas this year
i need something that flys from cardiff international airport and not OTT expensive

Thanks

lew!
19-04-2008, 08:47 PM
The weather is BOILING, and the pools are FREEZING..

-=-Me-=-Me-=-
20-04-2008, 07:29 AM
The weather is BOILING, and the pools are FREEZING..

Haha sounds good

shizzle
20-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Hope you have fun.

Movieen
20-04-2008, 11:35 AM
You're 13, and looking to buy an holiday.
Liar.

-=-Me-=-Me-=-
20-04-2008, 11:52 AM
my mum is looking for one
and she asked me to find one
:)

Jongo
20-04-2008, 03:56 PM
I have been to Sharm el Sheik on the New Year of 2006. Shame that the tourist affect has really put the place on the "popular spots" list. If your going to go here is a few personal tips from my own experience:

When using Taxi's always ask for the price before and make sure you remember the price. Some of them like to take advantage of their lack of English and say something like 13 Pounds; at the end of the journey they may say "I said 30!".
There are many scratch card dealers, especially in Old Town. They claim you've won and they offer to take you to their headquarters. Our hotel porter warned us about this beforehand and the incidents that have happened.
Try to use only a few bags to go into the hold. Sharm El Sheik aviation authority's can be awful. A guy on our flight had £1000 worth of scuba diving equipment stolen.They're is more of them however they are self-evidential and I don't want to ruin your thoughts!

Have a good one, it's worth it in the end.

Note: Go on the Sunset Camel excursion, it's absolutely fantastic!

Liberation
20-04-2008, 04:11 PM
I actually just came back on Wednesday. At the time I was there they were experiancing a heat wave, so the temps. were 40+, but now it is back to normal. Where I went (Naan Bay) the pools were actually very nice.

Now if you walk in the towns or somewhere, every shop or anything they have people standing outside making you come in, just ignore them we found helped :P

I would also reccomend Quadding in the desert; was amazing ;) Also obv. snorkling and diving in the red sea, because of the coral and fish.

Im sure you will love it ;)

GhostFace-
20-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Egypt was fun.

hope you have a good time.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!