PDA

View Full Version : James Bond's car crash

Dan2nd
21-04-2008, 05:27 PM
A stunt driver has crashed the car used by movie secret agent James Bond into Italy's Lake Garda during filming of 007's latest movie, Quantum of Solace.

The driver was delivering the iconic Aston Martin DBS to the film scene in heavy rain when he lost control around one of the lake's narrow curves.

The driver was quickly rescued and taken to hospital with minor injuries.

Italian TV showed the car, reportedly the only one available for use in the film, being winched out of the lake.

Filming for the movie - starring Daniel Craig as the latest Bond - has already taken the crew to England, Panama, Chile and Mexico.

The newest film in the long-running 007 franchise is to be released later this year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2008/04/20/wbond120.jpg

Hope the gadgets aren't broken :)

scott
21-04-2008, 06:44 PM
^^ Lol it looks a nice car (H)! I hope the film is good :D!

Dynamic-Mike
22-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Im sure all this is just fake to advertise to movie.

shizzle
22-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Yeah I must agree.

cocaine
22-04-2008, 04:17 PM
" Italian TV showed the car, reportedly the only one available for use in the film, being winched out of the lake."

i agree with you there

Alkaz
22-04-2008, 04:17 PM
oh no an astin martin.

Dynamic-Mike
22-04-2008, 04:28 PM
When they make films they have afew cars for stunts and that, and for them to only have one must mean in the film theres no crashes/stunts.

also if i was in that car and went over, i think id have more than minor injuries,

DJ-Ains.T
22-04-2008, 04:29 PM
I really LOLed at this! I was like how can a person survive that ?!?

shizzle
22-04-2008, 04:33 PM
I really LOLed at this! I was like how can a person survive that ?!?
Because he is James Bond lol.

Dynamic-Mike
22-04-2008, 04:47 PM
It wasnt james bond driving, just someone to deleiver the car.

Which i would of thought they would have it on a truck

Stephen!
23-04-2008, 08:42 AM
It wasnt james bond driving, just someone to deleiver the car.

Which i would of thought they would have it on a truck

That makes it sound like you think james bond is real

Dynamic-Mike
23-04-2008, 11:38 AM
That makes it sound like you think james bond is real
ok Daniel Craig

scott
23-04-2008, 03:28 PM
lol, james bond is real :O!!! I seen him on tv, he must be :(?

Misawa
23-04-2008, 06:01 PM
It is not uncommon for a stunt driver to pick up the more expensive vehicles and deliver them to set. In this case, another 'Martin will be either donated or the budget will be stretched and another purchased - Hollywood films nearly always go over their budget. Since the car is specifically tied to the script, I can't see a re-writing of the scenes in which it is featured this late in principal photography, so I'm sure it will be replaced, they have too tight of a schedule to take their time in making decisions. Only one car would be needed anyway as it is an insert, so the body of the real vehicle will be shown, but stunt car doubles when interior shots are taking place.

Dan2nd
23-04-2008, 08:07 PM
When they make films they have afew cars for stunts and that, and for them to only have one must mean in the film theres no crashes/stunts.

also if i was in that car and went over, i think id have more than minor injuries,

You think they are going to have a few Aston Martins so they can trash them all! :O they may be making a movie but I'm sure their not made of money lol!

scott
23-04-2008, 10:00 PM
O misawa knows alot about films :D:8
And yea im sure they wont be saying oh heres the keys theres another 3 round the back :rolleyes:

le harry
24-04-2008, 02:02 PM
They're some well nice mountains in the back.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!