PDA

View Full Version : Will the world really change in 2012?

Abzii
22-04-2008, 07:30 PM
According to the Myans, there will be a really big change on December 21st 2012, and not for the good of man kind.
www.December212012.com (http://www.December212012.com)

Is this a hoax or not?

Charly
23-04-2008, 06:33 PM
if i remember rightly this was said a couple of years back when the world was meant to end in the year 2000 not sure what date, but since that we're in 2008 i'd say they were far from right :P

I don't believe in that stuff really. Its just a way for people to stop creating such big carbon footprints and destroying the o zone layer etc :]

cocaine
23-04-2008, 06:37 PM
looks like a big commercial scam

Supersam
23-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Well the last time it was predicted was on the 6th of the 6th 2006.

However!

This prediction is made by the people who have predicted the exact date and time of every solar system and have made a calander on what things will happen in the solar sytem and when.

Apparently their calandar ends in 2012 as they predict the universe wont exist afterwards.

However, lots of people also beleive that its not the destruction of the universe but the coming of the anti-christ who will end all life.

Bit too pesimistic and morbid for me though.

Lycan
23-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Could mean tony blairs coming back, oh what doom we have coming!

Supersam
23-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Nah.

There is a theory the antichrist is Prince Charles and when he becomes King (presumably in 2012) he will enslave the world.

Again.... bit too strange for me.

ActualFacts
23-04-2008, 07:43 PM
its a hoax, a damn hoax, just to scare people.

GhostFace-
23-04-2008, 07:46 PM
i believe that there will be signs signaling judgment day.

and that site says judgment day is the 21st

ActualFacts
23-04-2008, 07:49 PM
but they said that in 2000 and if you watched the end of the world program, that man got his predictions wrong TWICE!

its a hoax i think.

Hayd93
23-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Well in 2021 i think it is we will be passing a verry large metor.we will litrally just miss it but if it hits it could be the end for us.At the moment it is going to miss but it could change at any time.

Carello
23-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Well in 2021 i think it is we will be passing a verry large metor.we will litrally just miss it but if it hits it could be the end for us.At the moment it is going to miss but it could change at any time.

we pass it, or it passes us? :rolleyes:

ActualFacts
23-04-2008, 07:57 PM
The World isnt going to end, its justt some person making up ******** who has made people believe its going to end, THE WORLD IS NOT GOING TO END.

Carello
23-04-2008, 07:57 PM
The World isnt going to end, its justt some person making up ******** who has made people believe its going to end, THE WORLD IS NOT GOING TO END.

like it or not, it is eventually

ActualFacts
23-04-2008, 08:02 PM
atleast in like 14.7 billion years.

Carello
23-04-2008, 08:03 PM
atleast in like 14.7 billion years.

at least there are a few christmas' left then

Dan2nd
23-04-2008, 08:39 PM
We won't know until it happens I guess ...

Plux
23-04-2008, 08:47 PM
This is going to sound really, stupid.

But, I've been re-collecting information, about those "dorito" shaped, UFOs,
each of them spotted in heavy oil filled locations.
Oil supplies are predicted to run out in 2012.

Also, each country, if you add up the letters, = 2012.

Also, in the ocean, it forms a triangle around, where the oil rig, where 5 of them were spotted.

2012, could be an accurate prediction, for something.

Carello
23-04-2008, 08:50 PM

Also, in the ocean, it forms a triangle around, where the oil rig, where 5 of them were spotted.

2012, could be an accurate prediction, for something.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=define%3A+coincidence&meta=

Hayd93
23-04-2008, 08:52 PM
we pass it, or it passes us? :rolleyes:
It passed us.And yes the world will end someday.How it will is not known it could be the sun that blows up or a rather large astrioid like the dinosaws that hits so fast and is so big kicks up dust and blocks the sun causing plants and animals to die.

Shinigami
23-04-2008, 08:53 PM
why must the world apparently end on my birthday -cry

ActualFacts
23-04-2008, 08:56 PM
it will end but not in our life times.

Kieran
23-04-2008, 08:58 PM
You can't state that as a fact, that is an assumption.

For all you know, a meteor could be heading for us now that hasn't been picked up. Or the sun could have spontaneously erupted thousands of years ago and we're just seeing it blow up now.... I could make up tragic endings all night.

23-04-2008, 09:01 PM
these people are touched in the head..

Kardan
23-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Life will no longer be on Earth in one billion years.
The Earth itself will still be around even after the sun has died.

Jordy
23-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Could mean tony blairs coming back, oh what doom we have coming!Judging by what Mr Brown and his cabinet are like, I could genuinely look forward to the day Tony Blair returns.

Nah.

There is a theory the antichrist is Prince Charles and when he becomes King (presumably in 2012) he will enslave the world.

Again.... bit too strange for me.That theory sounds interesting, I can't help thinking it could happen :(

2012, could be an accurate prediction, for something.Well done on the research, it's most probably a coincidence but you never know. I've also remembered we're holding the Olympics in 2012, we're certainly doomed now? We'll most probably be in billions of debt too, I guess a nice judgement day could put the UK out it's misery though.

It passed us.And yes the world will end someday.How it will is not known it could be the sun that blows up or a rather large astrioid like the dinosaws that hits so fast and is so big kicks up dust and blocks the sun causing plants and animals to die.Well the Earth is moving and so is the meteorite, so surely we both pass each other? I wouldn't worry about that, the odds are pathetic and it's actually 2029.

HotelUser
23-04-2008, 10:40 PM
I believe there has been over 7 incorrect predictions claiming that the world shall be changed or end in 20xx since 2000. There isn't sufficient science to back this up, It's predictions...really strange, misleading predictions...The world resting upon a giant turtle was a prediction thousands of years ago. There is about as much truth to that statement as there is this one. there is a great deal of hype over this prediction, because December of 2012 is the time the Mayan calendar ends. In 2012 our solar system shall cross the galactic equator. This will be the first time in 13,000 years that our Sun is to be in line with the earth and the center of the Galaxy / galactic equator. This date according to the Mayan people signifies the end of the Great Cycle.

This is what Richard R (a Yahoo! top answers contribute) as to say on the matter:

If anyone actually thought this was going to happen wouldn't you see some signs of it, outside of your middle school? Wouldn't there be some sort of countdown on the news shows? Wouldn't you see all sorts of articles in Time and Newsweek and Popular Science. Surely the end of the world would make the news. Is it possible the middle school students know the facts and no one else does? Why aren't the markets reacting? Wouldn't Leno or Letterman mention the fact?

Here's a guess: You believed some sensationalist TV show that made absurd claims without the least bit of proof, relying solely on the prophecies of some Indians who couldn't even invent the wheel,
Then you continued to believe it even though no other evidence suggested itself, even though such an event would surely make the news.

Of course I vaguely remember some idiotic rumor from my youth about the Beatles being somehow transported to some magical place called Pepperland. Actually it was only teenage girls that believed this nonsense. If there was one male who actually believed in Pepperland I would love to hear from you. I'll only laugh at you a little. I promise.

He is of course right. If the world was really going to end, scientists would no doubt be aware of it. There WOULD be countdowns and panic everywhere.

Pyroka
23-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Heres what I think: The Mayan calender indicates that something will happen end of 2012 yes? I think it's visitors from another planet revisiting if I'm honest. There's something up with it... But it could all be conspiracy theories. I do believe we stand a large chance of getting hit by a meteorite soon but by the way technology is advancing, we could be in position to protect ourselves from such threats.

It's worrying tbh.

Nuxty
23-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Things like this do generally scare me. I am a person who worries alot. I keep on thinking the most weird things like what if my mum gets stuck on mars and needs my help but I have disappeared etc.

ALSO A PROFESSOR said to use in a Video conference in School that if we went into a Black Hole there would be chances of earth surviving. However time would be much slower than it is now.

I hope this doesn't happen, and I am sure if everyone actually realised this COULD happen we could change the earth.

Things like eCo and environmental issues are extreamly important but not many people see that. I live by a motto "A man is a man who lives by gods greatest glory" and that to me personally means that I have to stay positive. So whenever I think of the world ending I think A Man.. is a Man with the greatest of Gods glory.

No I am not a bibble basher nor a hippy. I just think positive about these things and I like to try and think how we can prevent this from happening.

bo$$
23-04-2008, 10:55 PM
I believe there has been over 7 incorrect predictions claiming that the world shall be changed or end in 20xx since 2000. There isn't sufficient science to back this up, It's predictions...really strange, misleading predictions...The world resting upon a giant turtle was a prediction thousands of years ago. There is about as much truth to that statement as there is this one. there is a great deal of hype over this prediction, because December of 2012 is the time the Mayan calendar ends. In 2012 our solar system shall cross the galactic equator. This will be the first time in 13,000 years that our Sun is to be in line with the earth and the center of the Galaxy / galactic equator. This date according to the Mayan people signifies the end of the Great Cycle.

This is what Richard R (a Yahoo! top answers contribute) as to say on the matter:

He is of course right. If the world was really going to end, scientists would no doubt be aware of it. There WOULD be countdowns and panic everywhere.

I watched a show here on TLC and it was scientists talking about it and saying how the Mayan Calendar ended on that date and etc etc. people of that culture believe it'll end.

Tbh though, their calendar ended, not ours.
Who knows.. they coulda just gotten bored after writing down hundreds of years :P

HotelUser
24-04-2008, 12:49 AM
I watched a show here on TLC and it was scientists talking about it and saying how the Mayan Calendar ended on that date and etc etc. people of that culture believe it'll end.

Tbh though, their calendar ended, not ours.
Who knows.. they coulda just gotten bored after writing down hundreds of years :P

The Mayan were fantastic at keeping track of dates, the fact that they were able to calculate the galactic equator information is shocking to say the least. However this changes nothing. This happened 13,000 years go and humans survived it, scientists speculate this encounter shall be no different.

lew!
24-04-2008, 01:20 AM
apparently the mayans predicted some stuff e.g that a man will demolish 2 big famous buildings (osma & twin towers)
and i think it was something like a german man will kill millions because of religion (hitler)
but im not sure.. but you could get hit by a bus tomorrow anyway so who cares.

Wootzeh
24-04-2008, 07:45 AM
apparently the mayans predicted some stuff e.g that a man will demolish 2 big famous buildings (osma & twin towers)
and i think it was something like a german man will kill millions because of religion (hitler)

The mayans didn't predict that...
And HotelUser's post pretty much summed it up.

Wig44.
24-04-2008, 08:48 AM
In the bible, Jesus said he would return in 2000 years. I'm sure, if god and jesus and the rest of general Christianity are real then god wouldn't let jesus die at 12.

The mayans were brilliant with their date keeping but 2012 is just, to be honest, a paranoid mans theory.

Hayd93
24-04-2008, 09:14 AM
it will end but not in our life times.

Thats were your wrong,The earth could end in about a couple of weeks.All it takes is 1 big metor to come into the atmospheme at a high speed and boom,dust will kick up and block sunlight.Or if i lands in the sea it could cause a massive tsunarmi.

Jahova
24-04-2008, 12:59 PM
What happened on 6/6/6, NOTHING?
What will happen then? Probably NOTHING..

I don't beleive this, unfortunatley.
And that website is a Joke, sorry.

Virgin Mary
24-04-2008, 01:06 PM
People are so stupid, where's the empirical evidence that remotely hints it'll be destroyed then? It's made up by some civilisation that died out, shows how useful their predictions were.

Dan2nd
24-04-2008, 01:09 PM
In the bible, Jesus said he would return in 2000 years. I'm sure, if god and jesus and the rest of general Christianity are real then god wouldn't let jesus die at 12.

The mayans were brilliant with their date keeping but 2012 is just, to be honest, a paranoid mans theory.

Jesus was God in human form and he died for our sins..

Jesus died around 32 AD so would have been in his thirties when he died :S

Like I said before we won't know when its the end of the world until it happens :rolleyes:

and if that is your theory Jesus won't return until 2030 something

lew!
24-04-2008, 02:23 PM
21, 2012, is the end of a 5,000-year cycle by the Maya Long Count calendar. this spells doomsday (disaster scenarios include earthquakes, volcanic eruptions caused by solar storms &cracks forming in the earth’s magnetic field and mass extinction brought on by nuclear winter). But also it carries the promise of a new beginning. 2012 provides explanations for unsettling developments (e.g., the disappearance of bees) that seem beyond our control.

Also, NASA confirms that there are increasing solar shifts (yes this could be put down to coincidence)

But in some book there is only one more pope around this date or something

stratosphere2
24-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Aww I'll never get to do what I wanted to do in life :/
I'm scared, hug me.

cocaine
24-04-2008, 03:54 PM

them predictions are very vague though.

Dan2nd
24-04-2008, 04:07 PM
The aztecs think your all wrong =] 2011 will be the end of us all =D

In the mythology of the Aztecs, the first age of mankind ended with the animals devouring humans. The second age was finished by wind, the third by fire, and the fourth by water. The present fifth epoch is called Nahui-Olin (Sun of Earthquake), which began in 3113 BC and will end on December 24, 2011. It will be the last destruction of human existence on Earth. The date coincides closely with that determined by the brothers McKenna in The Invisible Landscape as “the end of history” indicated by their computer analysis of the ancient Chinese oracle-calendar, the I Ching.

Monopoly
24-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Ahhh.
I absaloutly love Chaos Theorys. ;D
I doubt the worl will end but it's always interesting to see what people think about it.
My favourite Chaos Theory is of the Super Volcanoe errupting and causing the sun to be blocked out and for everyone to die. >:)
Mwahaha.
I love it. :))
Not off topic is it? :S
Sorry if it is. :(

24-04-2008, 04:29 PM
And this is predicted by a bunch of canabals with no electricity or stable houses.

Shame they couldn't predict their own death, >1000 years ago

Lenta
24-04-2008, 09:03 PM
And this is predicted by a bunch of canabals with no electricity or stable houses.

They did predict, it.
But it was inevitable. :)

ToxicPaddy
24-04-2008, 09:17 PM
About Nostradamus predicting someone destroying 2 big buildings, that could be a demolition company or anything not necessarily the twin towers..

And if it ends in 2012, we still got time for a quick one then ;)

stratosphere2
24-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Imagine what it would be like after all this hype and nothing happened.

Party at my place 22nd December 2012.

lew!
24-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Its just weird that they have made these predictions before christ (if he was ever real)

They predicted the holocaust, and then said that they will ge their land back.
In london and stuff all the jews are leaving going back home.

They said somehting about the lost city of atlantas too.

Lenta
24-04-2008, 09:45 PM
About Nostradamus predicting someone destroying 2 big buildings, that could be a demolition company or anything not necessarily the twin towers..

Wrong. Nostramadus, predicting two towers, being destroyed in a simutaeneuous attack, by the fearless eagles. (The jets)

HotelUser
24-04-2008, 10:49 PM

A collage student falsified this information. Nostradamus did not predict this.

No, this is wrong. The Mayan people have always been known to calculate equations very accurately. The fact that they matched 2012 up with the Galactic Equator was extraordinary. However, the prediction of cyclopes was inaccurate.

21, 2012, is the end of a 5,000-year cycle by the Maya Long Count calendar. this spells doomsday (disaster scenarios include earthquakes, volcanic eruptions caused by solar storms &cracks forming in the earth’s magnetic field and mass extinction brought on by nuclear winter). But also it carries the promise of a new beginning. 2012 provides explanations for unsettling developments (e.g., the disappearance of bees) that seem beyond our control.

Also, NASA confirms that there are increasing solar shifts (yes this could be put down to coincidence)

But in some book there is only one more pope around this date or something

In the exact writing it explains a cyclopes occurring 2012 AC. The predicted disasters were inferences made based off of what was to believed of the Mayan definition of cyclopes.

its a hoax, a damn hoax, just to scare people.

Not a hoax, but you're right in the sense that it's not true, and wont happen.

Funny you should mention the Twin Towers thing, it's right on the website:
http://december212012.ca/index.php?Itemid=29&id=24&option=com_content&task=view

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb",
The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654
However the prediction was not so...

Anyway, quibbling over words is futile, given that Nostradamus didn't even write the passage. He died in 1566, nearly a hundred years before the date of attribution. The quatrain in question is nowhere to be found in his entire published oeuvre. In a word, it's a hoax. as far as your holocast prediction, I did find this website:
http://www.bibleforetoldholocaust.com/

"But it shall come about, if you do not obey the LORD your God...the LORD will scatter you among all peoples, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth" Deut. 28:15, 64 NASB If these sources are creatable I do not know.

MC!Remix
24-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Guess what people, god isn't real. guess what else, majic isn't either. nor is ghosts, nor is any other ********. Why? its all created in the mind and most reasonable things got through to a large population and became popular. sorry but its all created by civilation theories and ideas. also fascination. the earths predicted to die of in 30 billion years when it gets swolen by the sun.

lew!
25-04-2008, 12:17 AM
@ above, thats opinion.
I dont reallllly beleive in god, or ghosts and i didnt until i had an experience.

mayan, chinese, ancient and even computer phrophacies all point to one day
21/12/2012

HotelUser
25-04-2008, 10:15 AM
@ above, thats opinion.
I dont reallllly beleive in god, or ghosts and i didnt until i had an experience.

mayan, chinese, ancient and even computer phrophacies all point to one day
21/12/2012

The human race lived through the lass crossing of the galactic equator. If scientists even believed that something would happen, they would have addressed it.

lew!
25-04-2008, 03:15 PM
They have adressed it..
There are 'four' generations of humans, and we are the last.
On 21st 12 2012, the planets will align up, something that happens every 25,000 years..
This means that we will directly be in alignment with the centre of the milky way and a black hole, and the polar shift could change, stopping the earth from rotating, or even rotating the other way,
Also, the galatic equator could also change in direction, and instead of spinning the way it is now, the earth would spin at a different angle, changing the north and south poles.

The i ching (famous chinese book) has records that has shown some thigns in the past, some researches did some stuff and found out the book 'ends' on the 21st dec 2012,

Lenta
26-04-2008, 08:29 AM
They have adressed it..
On 21st 12 2012, the planets will align up, something that happens every 25,000 years..
This means that we will directly be in alignment with the centre of the milky way and a black hole, and the polar shift could change, stopping the earth from rotating, or even rotating the other way,
Also, the galatic equator could also change in direction, and instead of spinning the way it is now, the earth would spin at a different angle, changing the north and south poles.

The i ching (famous chinese book) has records that has shown some thigns in the past, some researches did some stuff and found out the book 'ends' on the 21st dec 2012,

But it's predicted the polar ice caps will be melted by then. :P

lew!
26-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Lol, well then! :P
There was a man called meryyth (welsh for merlin, not the wizard)
and he said one day man will soar higher and faster than a bird, and a man holding a stone standing on the edge of england can one day talk to a man standing all the way in france with just that stone, he also said that the sun will become hotter and great war machines controlled not by man..
then they said about the end of the world etc.

Tbh, I beleive that something is gonna happen, not sure what though.

Dippindonut1
28-04-2008, 10:21 PM
All I can say to that is 'WHAT A LOAD OF *******' :)

stratosphere2
01-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Wikipedia -
December

* December - Presidential elections in South Korea to elect the 18th President.
* December 3 — Jupiter oppositions.
* December 21 — Winter Solstice at 11:11 UTC.[7]
* December 21 — The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, notably used by the Maya civilization among others of pre-Columbian Mesoamerica, completes its thirteenth b'ak'tun cycle since the calendar's mythical starting point (equivalent to 3114 BC August 11 in the proleptic Gregorian calendar, according to the "GMT-correlation" JDN= 584283).[8] The Long Count b'ak'tun date of this starting point (13.0.0.0.0) is repeated, for the first time in a span of approximately 5,125 solar years. The significance of this period-ending to the pre-Columbian Maya themselves is unclear, and there is an incomplete inscription (Tortuguero Monument 6) that records this date. It is also to be found carved on the walls of the Temple of Inscriptions in Palenque, where it functions as a base date from which other dates are computed.[9] However, it is conjectured that this may represent in the Maya belief system a transition from the current Creation world into the next.
* December 23 — The alternative date for the completion of the thirteenth b'ak'tun cycle in the Maya calendar, using a version of the GMT-correlation based on a JDN of 584285 (a.k.a. the "astronomical" or "Lounsbury correlation"), which is supported by a smaller number of Mayanist researchers.[10]
* December 31 — Expiration of the Kyoto Protocol.

From 2012 discussion page -

I can't stress this enough, and I hope I have to say it just once:
THE MAYAN CALENDAR DOESN'T "END" ON DECEMBER 21, 2012. On that date a Long Count finishes, and that is pretty significant, but it doesn't just "stop" then, after that a new Long Count begins!!

HotelUser
04-05-2008, 01:31 AM
They have adressed it..

It occurs every 13,000 years according to some websites, others I see 26,000 years . We've lived through the recent crossings though.

Here's some quotes I've gathered (http://people.tribe.net/spyro/blog/deccdd4a-befc-4352-8b36-77330ddf43fc)

First of all we need to be absolutely clear on one important fact:

21 December 2012 is not the end of "time" or even the "end of the
Mayan calendar". The Mayans; an extremely advanced race, had many
calendars and other instruments of phenomenal accuracy, and the
long-count, to which 2012 relates, is only one of them.

The long Count itself is does not stand in isolation; it is simply
the end of a Long Count in an infinite series of such Long Counts.

Whilst many believe the Energy of the galactic alignment has the
potential to cause the magnetic poles of the Earth to reverse, so
north becomes south and south becomes north, the effects of which
could be catastrophic, I personally do not believe this to be the
case.
I say this because the galactic alignment is not something that
will simply happen on 21 December 2012. As the peak of this event
could occur or has already occured anywhere between 1980 and 2016,
there is a better than average chance that it has already occurred
and we are clearly still here.

In other words 2012 is not the correct year guaranteed. This event can occur over 36 years. If something does occur Dec 21st of 2012, it will be because a person who believes in this nonsense has decided to do something to try and get on the news or something such as that. Paranoid news reporters will no doubt be making stories like, "are all time high gas prices end of the great life cycle."

Zak
06-05-2008, 08:14 PM
According to the Myans, there will be a really big change on December 21st 2012, and not for the good of man kind.

Is this a hoax or not?

People have been saying this kinda stuff for years.

JessicaLOL
11-05-2008, 01:37 AM
apparently its a bigger thing this year because like 3 or more people said it would end in 2012 lyk a million years back.. i think :S

i rli dno tbh:)
and when the proper year is predicted, people wont believe because theres been to many "predictions" for anyone to really care lmao.

-Xiangu-
12-05-2008, 02:03 AM
Apparently the "New world order" will take control in 2012

Phreedom
13-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Of course.. 9 days before i turn 21.

Fez
13-05-2008, 09:38 PM
The world can end at any time, what makes 2012 so special?

Kieran
13-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Its superstition rubbish. Lol
I don't believe it, but I'm sure others do.

2000 posts, woop =)

Obesity
14-05-2008, 06:32 AM
I read loads of things not too long ago saying that scientist's have been studying things in space about a planet crossing the earth (idk) and something will happen and we'll all die.

How nice ;l LOL

lew!
14-05-2008, 06:41 AM
Yes, this 'new world' happens every 26 thousand years or something, yes we survived, but billions of people would of died each time.. The world stops spinning and could spin the other way etc, this mucks up everything and if the earth didnt get sunlight for a long time, people wouldnt be able to grow food etc.

-Xiangu-
14-05-2008, 01:44 PM
I read loads of things not too long ago saying that scientist's have been studying things in space about a planet crossing the earth (idk) and something will happen and we'll all die.

How nice ;l LOL

The earth and the moon were created origionally by a collision of two "Mega" planets.

shizzle
15-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Who knows when the world is going to end..

Redacted
15-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Who knows when the world is going to end..

16th May 2008.

Nain
16-05-2008, 03:42 PM
as i've seen before, we will never know until it happens :p

but we may as well run to the planet with oxygen ;)

Hiro
20-05-2008, 01:38 PM
It's all a hoax, I mean, they're selling shirts.. -.-

this made me lol though;

Tom Cruise, is an actor and film producer, as well as an active member of The Church of Scientology.

Cruise is planning to build a $10 million bunker underneath his Colorado mansion in preparation for the end of the world, according to a new report. The Top Gun star is said to be taking the costly precaution in order to out-smart an evil intergalactic ruler called Xenu who, he believes, will attack Earth.

Inseriousity.
20-05-2008, 02:00 PM
"I believe that we didn't actually survive the end of the world predicted in 2000 and that we actually all died and living in a planet Heaven (meaning we're dead but we don't know it)"

Yeah, that's how imaginative stories can get... it's all fiction. It'll be a bestseller soon....

"End of the World: December 2012"
-January 2013 comes-
"Oh darn it"
NEW BESTSELLER: End of the World: March 2030!!

I wonder how many topics will be on here about the end of the world if one was made for every single date that the world is meant to end. When we end, we end. We will die, the end.

-Xiangu-
20-05-2008, 03:41 PM
It's all a hoax, I mean, they're selling shirts.. -.-

this made me lol though;

Lol that made me giggle

Ashhizzle
20-05-2008, 07:31 PM

Two words. "Prove it"

Isaac
23-06-2008, 12:57 PM

Is this a hoax or not?

Well, the world was supposed to end in 30 CE when Israelis predicted the second coming of Christ. Alas, it didn't happen.

It also was supposed to end in 1186 when John of Toledo predicted the planets would align and it would destroy the world. Alas, it didn't happen.

The world was supposed to end in 1919 when Albert Porta predicted a magnetic conjunction of the earth that would explode the sun. Alas, it didn't happen.

So what can we learn from more than 2000 years of false predictions and countless misconceptions? Alas, it won't happen.

Hiro
23-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Two words. "Prove it"

You just wait till 2012! You'll see!! - haha :P

To be honest, I hope it does. It will stop all these conspiracy threads.

no waiii
23-06-2008, 06:34 PM
LOL ^^ ,
I doubt it will just end all of a suden

Danzilla
24-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Its totally possible and why is everyone like "Omg the world if not going to end!!!" when it might not have anything to do with that. Its "Will the world change" so it could be something good for mankind and something could well happen but so small you don't notice it but the world would of changed. People also believe the internet will die in 2012 too but i don't believe it.
People who are saying that not everyone will die in 2012 and saying its a fact are totally wrong, someone could get every nuke in the world and nuke everyone, ending all life so its possible, anything is possible.
And this black hole thing, no one really knows the real truth about black holes so if we did go through one maybe we will just end up in a different universe as no one has gone through one and returned to tell us what happens.
No one can be 100% sure or prove anything.
Its just one of these things no one can say for a fact it will happen the only way to find out is wait till then and as i said it might be like nothing happened but something small no one knows about could of happened and if we do all die i guess theres nothing that can stop it.
I don't think people should get so worked up about it as if we die, we die. We're going to die sooner or later anyway.
Another thing i don't understand is why people are building things hoping they will survive if we all did die but why would you like to be the last living person on earth but anyway we don't know if we are going to die or its something else.
I'm not sure what i believe yet but it could happen.
Sorry for such a big and long comment but i like to put my point across and it annoys me when people are like "OMG WE ARE GONA DIE" when we dont even know if its going to even affect mankind if anything does happen.

Neversoft
24-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Who the hell believes all of this crap.

Charly
24-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Who the hell believes all of this crap.

Agreed.
Didn't they predict that the world was meant to end in 2000?
Wow. They really are psychic.
They are just some troubled people who need to get a life.

:)

Hushie
25-06-2008, 10:01 AM
You can't state that as a fact, that is an assumption.

For all you know, a meteor could be heading for us now that hasn't been picked up. Or the sun could have spontaneously erupted thousands of years ago and we're just seeing it blow up now.... I could make up tragic endings all night.

If the sun blew up we'd be dead in a few seconds.
2012 is when we host olympics, maybe its gonna be so bad that we are all gonna suicide.

Scarcely
08-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Lmao.
Not a chance.
I don't know why people worry about it as it's been happening for years.

Edited by Alkaz (Forum Moderator): Please do not bump old threads.

:Liam
08-07-2008, 07:58 PM
God theres tooo many predictions. I actually laughed when the bible codes guy made a massive deal about the 2006 end of the world and eventually people started to believe him because they were scared and like when it didnt happen the guy took it back and he was like oh the bible codes must be just possible outcomes.

people need to learn from past mistakes like all the Y2K crap and everything else.

If the world does end in 2012 it'll probs be a coincidence and not because of a theory. So dont hold your breath.

GreenCrayons.
08-07-2008, 08:58 PM
i read somewhere that this women from the new york times who studies the mayan calanders said that the end of a cycle was a time for celebration and people saying it is the end of the world are just in it for the money,i think shed know if she studies it, also if you think anyone could think when a calander ends its the end of the world etc.
The planets will align up etc or whatever they do in the solar system which may affect our energy for a short while but you think, the world is constantly moving etc so well soon go on our way back normal again lol, they dont even know if the energy will be affected, and the same thing happened in 1989 or something when it was aligned, and in 2005 it was 1/5 away from what it will be in 2012, Also i read somewhere it isnt the end of the calander it actually ends around 2086 or so, its just the end of a shorter cycle, i must admit after my freind told me this i have been worrying for like a month lol but when you sum it up it sounds like alot of rubbish

AndrewByrne
08-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Could mean tony blairs coming back, oh what doom we have coming!
rofl xD

efq
08-07-2008, 10:22 PM
NASA have technology that can destroy meteors, but Earth is protected by Mars and Venus, these planets take all the meteor damage. They shield Earth although thousands of meteors enter Earth every day but they all burn off. And break into dust.

N-Dubz
08-07-2008, 11:07 PM
The problem is there is alot of solid predictions on this 2012 jibberish.
An the fact of the planets inlining on the date that is predicted is also "weird" a pole shift could very well happen which means world disaster's which have been predicted.

It could happen, and if you don't believe it then oh well right? We just have to see if it happens personally I really don't know.
I dont care about if they predicted it in 2000 or 2006 it could still very well happen.

Loser
08-07-2008, 11:27 PM
No it's absolute ********. Every time the prediction is wrong, they will move it back a few years, when that one's wrong, they'll move it back a few years, and so on.

Recursion
09-07-2008, 05:57 AM
If the sun blew up we'd be dead in a few seconds.
2012 is when we host olympics, maybe its gonna be so bad that we are all gonna suicide.

12 minutes to live as the suns energy takes 12 minutes to get to Earth :P

I personally don't believe it, I'm just not sure on the whole pole change thing, thats solid though :/.

lew!
09-07-2008, 06:49 AM
The pole change thing is because all the planets will align up or something in a way where it lines up with this black hole ages away in space, it will cause a polar shift and stop the earth spinning for a few seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, years. We dont know.

AndrewByrne
09-07-2008, 07:04 AM
People are so stupid, where's the empirical evidence that remotely hints it'll be destroyed then? It's made up by some civilisation that died out, shows how useful their predictions were.
This is a great fact tbh.
And its true.

Joshuae
09-07-2008, 01:29 PM
*text removed*

---------------------

Yeah, I seriously doubt it will change, by "biblical proportions" the fact that WWIII might kick off, is a factor with this, but we'll all see.

Edited by Slowpoke (Forum Moderator). Please do not be rude.

flatface
09-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Lol @ This, fake.

Swinkid
10-07-2008, 06:53 PM
We survived 13,000 years ago, so we should survive this..

Yes a big metor but techonologie is evolving...
If the Earth was going to end somehow or another, there would be panic. countdowns, more tv programs on it etc.. and we would see signs of it right now.
And i am lead to belive some other articles that state this would happen on 23rd not on the 21st.
yes, mayans were good at tracking dates, but how do WE know that it was for something else?
The earth is also ment to last atleast another 1Billion years.
I am too young to die, so it won't happen cuz i said it won't.
The mayans are elders, so there dead. MEH it wont happen.

Fehm
20-07-2008, 09:53 AM

Thats my birthday :o lmao

They believe that the world will end because of the anti-christ becoming more apparent than god. But. If gods real, show himself! Grr, I dont believe in that stuff, if there where proof, PROPER proof, then i would but.. Nope. Not for me Sorry.

Cwmbran
28-07-2008, 03:42 AM
Surely if the whole "World will end via Mr/Mrs/It anti-christ" and if God was real then God would do something to prevent it.

Therefore I do not believe this predection.

Janczyk
28-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Yes, London will host the Olympics thus changing the world.

wummer
28-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Just lyes tbh.

awelsh
30-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Surely if the whole "World will end via Mr/Mrs/It anti-christ" and if God was real then God would do something to prevent it.

Therefore I do not believe this predection.

God is a lie, over the past 6 months like 8 people I know have died that were under 20. Surely if he was some decent guy he woulnt have done that. Hes a pile of ******** and so is this whole "world will end, we die, blah blah"

Live live, have fun, get wrecked, get laid while you still have time :)

IDontKnow
30-07-2008, 12:56 PM
No hoax. If you study our solar system closely you will see the five moons of Uranus. One of which is roughly the size of our planet Earth. This moon of Uranus which is called Miranda has been drifting away from Neptune for many years and a stone carving from the 1600's depicts that there is one more planet called Nibiru due to be in our Universe.

After great research and study, this planet is coming towards Earth from one side, whilst the moon of Uranus is coming from the other side. The moon and planet are predicted to crash into the Earth at roughly the same time due to gravitational potential energy from the Earth and some clever people from London have predicted that at their current speeds, 21st December 2012 is when they will collide unless the Americans decide to blow them up (which they probably will) OR they stride off course.

IDontKnow
30-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Sorry for double post, could not edit!

The Simerians knew all about our Solar System due to oracles, they even described Uranus as Merchsig colour meaning bright greenish as they had no telescopes then and of course, they were right.

Here is Mrianda, the 5th moon of Uranus and the circled area is an artifical strip, believed to occupy or have occupied life.

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/8554/mirandare2.png

Uranus has been described by the Simerians as 'The Other Half' after a large collision with an asteroid. The planet used to be much larger, and now it is split in half with the names Uranus and Nibiru. Nibiru coming from Nibirus - 'Planet of the Planets' and all of this was depicted by the Smerians. Just like the Big Bang, Science and History are coming together to form something which will change our lives.

Although Nibiru, at the moment is smaller than the Earth, on it's course it faces the oldest planet in the Universe, Kiomat and with this collision a larger planet will be formed roughly the same size as Earth.

The key to all this is the 7th planet, the Earth, the sacred number 7. Seven days in a week. 7 days of Genesis. 7 tablets of creation.

N-Dubz
30-07-2008, 01:27 PM
ignorance is a very bad thing to have.

2 many people from all diffrent times of life have predicted this date which pretty much dosnt help all of this.

i do believe in god .. but he cant stop things that happen on earth - whatever is going to happen will.

we will just have to wait and see im not going to sit here scaring myself because if it happens then we'll be dead & if it dosnt we can all sit and laugh at another prediction messed up. :)

IDontKnow
30-07-2008, 01:32 PM
The Simerians depcited two World Wards during the modern days. The Myan calendar predicts a doomsday event on December 21st then the Simerians, the Chinese oracle of the I Ching saw this date in 2012 as the end of the world.

abnormal
30-07-2008, 02:10 PM
^ Do more research.

December 21st, 2012 is when the Mayan calender ends.

They never said that the world was going to end.

Plus, think about it.

When did they predict this? B.C., I'm presuming.

Therefore, how could they have known exactly what was going to happen thousands of years into the future?

IDontKnow
30-07-2008, 02:49 PM
^ Do more research.

Plus, think about it.

Therefore, how could they have known exactly what was going to happen thousands of years into the future?

That is top quality research. The Myan calendar predicts a doomsday on December 21st 2012 then their calender ends.

N-Dubz
30-07-2008, 03:27 PM
^ Do more research.

Plus, think about it.

there is to many predictions to have such ignorance, there are many more people then the mayans who predicted 2012 decemeber 21st.

maybe you should do some research?

JoeyK.
30-07-2008, 04:57 PM
It's Y2K all over again. It won't happen, and if it does, we'll all be dead anyway. It won't matter then.

Spiffing
30-07-2008, 08:05 PM
there have been hundreds of predictions, oh scientists said this and that blah blah
look were alive
stop caring about if were GOING to die
and enjoy the fact were not dead

Fehm
30-07-2008, 09:39 PM
No hoax. If you study our solar system closely you will see the five moons of Uranus. One of which is roughly the size of our planet Earth. This moon of Uranus which is called Miranda has been drifting away from Neptune for many years and a stone carving from the 1600's depicts that there is one more planet called Nibiru due to be in our Universe.

Umm its kinda in our universe alrady ^^ do you mean galaxy?

And its proper science stuff mate, but we wont die, they thibnk it'll hit mars before it hits us! If it hits us at al.

IDontKnow
30-07-2008, 11:00 PM
God, I feel like Doctor blooming Who. There's the whole thing with space and time, nobody fully understands it. There are some people who now about Space and some people who know about time. Now, the ancient Oracle's of the I Ching have depcited some of the most famous events in our life time. Space and Time is both covered by the sciences, the I Ching told of a round shaped object which would emit light, which we could consider to be a light bulb.

You see all these people on MASTERMIND and EGGHEADS, put all of their IQ's together and welcome to the land of the Oracle.

Jordy
30-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Yes, London will host the Olympics thus changing the world.Yeah and you know what. What will be realised in 2012 is that the UK is so so disorganised and badly ran, the games will be a complete disaster, and if they aren't a disaster, they will be a disaster for the London tax-payer's and the UKs tax payers when all the money is wasted and they'll continute to go over budget and we get **** all out of having the Olympics. At the moment, I hope the world will end in 2012 as the UK will be the world's mockery after the Olympics, mark my words...

IDontKnow
30-07-2008, 11:47 PM
I can picture it, some Chinese lady walks out with the flag, asteroid hits her! BAM!

Digital
31-07-2008, 12:00 AM
http://www.1pezeshk.com/archives/Margaret%20Thatcher.jpg

Shes comings back!!!¬!"

AlexOC
31-07-2008, 12:03 AM
It's Probably Just Gonna Be Something Small Just Like 2ky, Where All Computers Were Meant To Fail, From Microwaves To Planes. On 1st January, 00.00am, 2000

In all Around That Time Only About 10 Problems Worldwide Were Reported

Google It, Or Look It Up On Wiki.

In My Opinion Nothing Will Happen :)

graffiti
31-07-2008, 12:22 AM

However!

This prediction is made by the people who have predicted the exact date and time of every solar system and have made a calander on what things will happen in the solar sytem and when.

Apparently their calandar ends in 2012 as they predict the universe wont exist afterwards.

However, lots of people also beleive that its not the destruction of the universe but the coming of the anti-christ who will end all life.

Bit too pesimistic and morbid for me though.
lol i remember when i used to turn tv off when 'The Omen' Advert came up :P

Cwmbran
31-07-2008, 01:54 AM
the I Ching told of a round shaped object which would emit light, which we could consider to be a light bulb.

I haven't done any research into this but I can think of another round shaped object which emits light... The sun.

Andys
31-07-2008, 03:17 AM
Judgement day?
Steven Hawkings is near prooving that the earth was creating by the big bang theory and not the story of God.

IDontKnow
31-07-2008, 07:19 AM
I haven't done any research into this but I can think of another round shaped object which emits light... The sun.

That could be it, but they also descrbied the product as 'disasterous.'

Spiffing
31-07-2008, 01:08 PM
It's Probably Just Gonna Be Something Small Just Like 2ky, Where All Computers Were Meant To Fail, From Microwaves To Planes. On 1st January, 00.00am, 2000

In all Around That Time Only About 10 Problems Worldwide Were Reported

Google It, Or Look It Up On Wiki.

In My Opinion Nothing Will Happen :)

y2k
yeah but that was because they were programmed for a certain amount of digits
nothing like the world could blow up pmsl

Cwmbran
31-07-2008, 02:46 PM
That could be it, but they also descrbied the product as 'disasterous.'
Then I believe it to be the Sun as the Sun can be "disastrous". ;)

IDontKnow
31-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Then I believe it to be the Sun as the Sun can be "disastrous". ;)

The sun going bang is one of many theories.

Serious
31-07-2008, 10:04 PM
well can someone give me a definate yes or no please cos i wont bother buying christmas presents that year if we wont be around for it.

Harpicc
31-07-2008, 11:31 PM
This is a debate which will never be solved until something actually happens.
All are current opinions are irrelevant but my personal opinion is that the world will continue to live on, but human life will be history through a World War within the next 30 years. Global warming is glamourised in my opinion, as their isn't that many broadcasts on it thus it can't be a huge priority for the distinction of the human race? I feel that it is an easy possibility of nuclear weapons being the 'death' of humans and will be enforced by Al-Qaeda or another tyranical network very soon.
I feel if there was a God, we wouldn't be enduring the suffering we all experience nearly every day of our lives, and the deaths of those who undeservedly retrieve it is unethical and damn right outrageous...
But then again, thats life?
We must live it, knowing that the human race, in my opinion, will one day be no more.

Virgin Mary
01-08-2008, 01:53 AM
God isn't going to stop people dying because it's not nice, that's the point of life. Furthermore, if you're bringing God into the argument, then you're also bringing the afterlife into it. The dead person in question will be getting whatever they deserve there. Unless you're talking about Buddha or something then you can just be happy knowing that person has been recycled. Most people who predicted something in the future were vague in their descriptions and generally made more wrong predictions than right ones.

Spiffing
01-08-2008, 09:14 AM
"God created humans, starting with adam and eve"
Yes two people just appeared on the earth and had kids thats why were here.
Err scuse me, we evolved, theirs plenty of scientific proof but non that "Adam and Eve" were plopped onto earth.

Obviously were not going to be saved by an imaginary guy in the sky so yeah the earth will end sooner or later, millions of years mabye just get used to it. Live while you can and stop fussing over something that aint happening.

Mercenary
01-08-2008, 06:46 PM

After great research and study, this planet is coming towards Earth from one side, whilst the moon of Uranus is coming from the other side. The moon and planet are predicted to crash into the Earth at roughly the same time due to gravitational potential energy from the Earth and some clever people from London have predicted that at their current speeds, 21st December 2012 is when they will collide unless the Americans decide to blow them up (which they probably will) OR they stride off course.

*removed*

Whilst it's all very well and great you're saying 'zomfg no hoax ye' there is no proof at all for your outrageous accusations, and if there is, it is not a reliable source. Besides, the 'end of the world' is just a mistake in the bible.

To anyone believes in the horrendusly bad 'adam and eve' theory, tell me do you know them personally? Does a friend of a friend have pictures posing with them? Are they black? No, you don't know ****, and yet you believe something that is nothing more than a story.

I'll tell you that some god is up there, who loves you but sends you to he-.. no wait, someone has already. Which brings me onto another question, why does the 'all so loving' "god" punish you via infinity time in hell when man can only commit finity sins, sounds a bit mean to me.

In short, if I have one wish the wish will be I survive until 2012 so then I can laugh at you suckers who believe anything will change.. possibly a one world government though. Oh, yes and expect microchips.

Edited by brandon (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter

Callum.
01-08-2008, 06:57 PM
i find it all coincidence.

like 9/11
like 21

in my opinion it won't end, yet.

but i do believe, maybe not in my lifetime, but maybe my children or grandchildrens something might happen because of global warming, not judgement day.

Virgin Mary
01-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Terminator will be activated and robots will take over then.

Spiffing
01-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Yes, i do believe bad things will happen in the future because of global warming. Its not a religious belief, its happening right now right here but i mean the end of the world is near? no thanks =D

Jordy
02-08-2008, 10:40 AM
"God created humans, starting with adam and eve"
Yes two people just appeared on the earth and had kids thats why were here.
Err scuse me, we evolved, theirs plenty of scientific proof but non that "Adam and Eve" were plopped onto earth.

Obviously were not going to be saved by an imaginary guy in the sky so yeah the earth will end sooner or later, millions of years mabye just get used to it. Live while you can and stop fussing over something that aint happening.Adam & Eve is just a story, not a theory. Religion tries to justify our existence on Earth. Science creates theories and tries to explain why we're on Earth.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!