PDA

View Full Version : Netball!

Palda
23-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Hiya, I did netbll today at school with my twin. I was Goal keeper and my twin was Gold defence. GS was this girl and she was shooting, People where going jump, Jump! just wondering When they say jump, does that mean i'm aloud to whack it out of her hands while shes a bout to shoot. Or does it mean when shs shooted and its in the air?

Please help :D

Moved by Thaddeus (Forum Moderator) from Teen Life - It suits this forum better. :)

camera
23-04-2008, 11:07 AM
uhm im not quite sure bout this sorry. i used to play netball. but that was when im 11.

Toughened
23-04-2008, 11:53 AM
I don't think you're particularly aloud to knock it out of their hands, but when they're about to shoot try and block their path or when they do shoot, try and block or catch the ball.

I think anyways.

Baby
23-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Ive been playing netball for years ;)
When the shooter has the ball you have to stand 3 feet away and raise your hand up so if they dont throw high enough you'll stop it. When they throw jump up :P
But your not allowed to hit the ball out of anyones hands ^^

edible
25-04-2008, 04:11 PM
basically what the above said.
you put your hand up in the way of the ball whilst standing 3 metres away and then you can try to steal it when she's taken her shot but you cant knock it out of her hand and if she doesnt throw it correctly, you'll more than likely block it.

Krusty
25-04-2008, 04:12 PM
you cant knock it out of their hands
but as the ball is on the way up to the net, i think they mean jump and catch it so it does not go in.
OR
get the rebound if it does not go in.
:-)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!