PDA

View Full Version : FIA unveils 'EveryRace' campaign

Mr.Sam
24-04-2008, 02:50 PM
The FIA has launched its anti-racism campaign ‘EveryRace’ as it bids to drive home the message that discrimination has no place in the sport.
Formula 1’s governing body unveiled the scheme on the opening day of the Spanish Grand Prix weekend at Barcelona, the circuit where Lewis Hamilton was subjected to vile racist abuse by sections of the crowd during pre-season testing in February.

The launch of the campaign coincides with the creation of a dedicated website, www.everyrace.net (http://www.everyrace.net/), where fans from around the world can pledge their support to the scheme.

“The FIA and the RFEA [Spanish motorsport body] are committed to the principle of sport open to all,” an FIA statement read.
“In order to further promote this fundamental principle the FIA has launched the EveryRace campaign.
“With the support of the Formula One community the launch of the EveryRace campaign sends a message that discrimination and prejudice can have no place in sport or in society.
“The FIA would encourage motor sport fans throughout the world to visit www.everyrace.net (http://www.everyrace.net/) and take the opportunity to pledge their support for the campaign’s message that motor sport welcomes everyone, irrespective of gender, race or background.”

The scenes of sections of spectators hurling abuse at Hamilton created outrage in the UK, with some calling for Spain to be stripped of its F1 races.
The FIA ordered the RFEA to submit a report detailing how it planned to ensure there was not a repeat of the scenes in future, with its president Max Mosley warning of possible severe penalties if there was a reoccurrence.

Two months on, the FIA says it has been pleased with the Spanish authorities' response to the problems after there was no repeat of the scenes at subsequent tests.
“Following incidents which occurred during Formula One testing at the Circuit de Catalunya on February 1st and 2nd 2008, the Real Federacion Espanola de Automovilismo (RFEA) presented a comprehensive report to the FIA,” the statement said.

“The report included a detailed chronology of events in which the RFEA confirmed that a very small number of spectators amongst the 35,000 attending the test had displayed racist behaviour.
“The FIA is grateful to the RFEA and the Catalunyan circuit authorities for their effective and efficient response to this situation.
“The FIA has monitored the measures recommended and implemented since February and has noted that no further such incidents have occurred.”
The statement added that the FIA agreed that the problems were caused by a small minority of trouble makers.

“The FIA agrees with the RFEA assessment that the people involved in these incidents were “not at all representative of the thousands of people who enjoy a convivial atmosphere and the spectacle offered by motor sport,” the statement added.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=42370&PO=42370

Titch
24-04-2008, 04:35 PM
sounds good, i am flying to spain tomorrow for F1 weekend hopefully if stomach pains better so i will be able to see this need "EveryRace" truck/bus they have at races, glad to see the FIA taking a stand though.

Mr.Sam
25-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Lucky :(

Take photos!!

sounds good, i am flying to spain tomorrow for F1 weekend hopefully if stomach pains better so i will be able to see this need "EveryRace" truck/bus they have at races, glad to see the FIA taking a stand though.

CJW93
30-04-2008, 06:16 PM
I think thye need it after Barcalna testing in January

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!