PDA

View Full Version : Homosexual bars/pubs/clubs, right or wrong?

myke
26-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Many clubs, pubs and restaurants are specially made for homosexuals, even some hotels!

Do you think it's right? Does this not just split these people from heterosexuals and make them feel even more alienated?

I think it's unfair and homosexuals should be treated the same.

That's like saying "right, this hotels' only for fat people" or "this restaurant is only for blondes"

Debate & discuss.

Supersam
26-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Homosexuals are a minority in communities.

Thats like saying "Diamond shouldn't be allowed to be a women-only car insurer"

Plus, any buisness is allowed to have a target audience that it can cater for.

Lastly, Gay bars allow entry of any sexuality as would hotels. The target for gay people is not "gay only" its a place for gay people to seek others.

jackass
26-04-2008, 09:49 PM
We don't have hotels just for straight people, so why should people who are not straight have their 'own' pub/hotel?

Its discrimination for sexuality.

FlyingJesus
26-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Thats like saying "Diamond shouldn't be allowed to be a women-only car insurer"

Technically they shouldn't, there'd be uproar if someone came along saying they could give you cheaper insurance as long as you're male

.::BaRkSeH::.
26-04-2008, 10:06 PM
I there wasn't bars for gays/bi's or w.e you would get more gays coming up to you in night clubs seeing if you're gay or not and me being an absolote babe magnet I'm probz a guy magnet aswell (ask GommeInc). It would be annoying especially when you're trying to pull.

Moh
26-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Theres no one saying "Your straight, you can't come in". Straight people can also go in them.
Its like things like Weight Watchers. Its a place over weight people go to, but people who arnt over weight can also go in.

Supersam
26-04-2008, 10:17 PM
We don't have hotels just for straight people, so why should people who are not straight have their 'own' pub/hotel?

As I said. Homosexuals are a minority. Some buisnesses focus completely on minorities but it would be wrong to have a buisness only on majorities.

For example:

There are shops and products made only for leftys.
It would be wrong to make a shop for only rightys as most products (such as scissors, golf clubs etc.) are mainly produced as right-handed anyway and in making a righty only shop it would discriminate against a minority.

Technically they shouldn't, there'd be uproar if someone came along saying they could give you cheaper insurance as long as you're male

That may be so but this is because of statistics.

Statistically most road accidents are caused by young males. Therefore a buisness, such as diamond, has targeted women as they beleive them to be safer drivers

AND

Women are statistically a minority in terms of how many people drive - men are not.

lew!
26-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Most clubs, gay people face discrimination, and its easier to find other gay people in a gay club, its like a meeting place.
(my mum seems to think its good music too therel lol)

GommeInc
26-04-2008, 10:18 PM
I there wasn't bars for gays/bi's or w.e you would get more gays coming up to you in night clubs seeing if you're gay or not and me being an absolote babe magnet I'm probz a guy magnet aswell (ask GommeInc). It would be annoying especially when you're trying to pull.
... You're just a guy magnet :rolleyes:

I can see a point in them, but the last time I checked, more straight guys and girls go to gay clubs than gay guys.

Moh
26-04-2008, 10:21 PM
As I said. Homosexuals are a minority. Some buisnesses focus completely on minorities but it would be wrong to have a buisness only on majorities.

For example:

There are shops and products made only for leftys.
It would be wrong to make a shop for only rightys as most products (such as scissors, golf clubs etc.) are mainly produced as right-handed anyway and in making a righty only shop it would discriminate against a minority.

That may be so but this is because of statistics.

Statistically most road accidents are caused by young males. Therefore a buisness, such as diamond, has targeted women as they beleive them to be safer drivers

AND

Women are statistically a minority in terms of how many people drive - men are not.
The insurance is aimed for women, but they HAVE to sell it to men aswell.

Supersam
26-04-2008, 10:23 PM
The insurance is aimed for women, but they HAVE to sell it to men aswell.

Yea I forgot to say that too.

Just like gay bars cannot refuse entry to straight people.

YoManGo!
26-04-2008, 10:27 PM
they're run by homosexuals for homosexuals to meet other like minded people; coz otherwise unless you have an amazing gaydar it's harder to find partners isn't it?
we don't have straight pubs and such because they aren't needed; the majority of people are straight so if you go up to a guy/girl in a pub or club, the chances are they will be straight.

this debate is pretty pointless

FlyingJesus
26-04-2008, 10:27 PM
So it's ok to discriminate against the majority, but not a minority? I see a fatal flaw here - the majority are, by definition, a larger group. Your logic allows for massive amounts of people to be offended or worked against, but not a small group :S

The Professor
26-04-2008, 10:28 PM
To be honest I don't have a problem with them, they don't affect me. If I wanted to stop something just because I don't agree with the principle of it I'd have had all smokers shot years ago :P

I suppose its a service with a target audience. Its not that straight people can't go in there, but there isn't much point if you're looking to pull someone unless you fancy a threesome with 2 people of the opposite sex :P Its like going on a singles dating site when you're married.

Javascrypt
26-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Wrooooong. I Hate Gay'z. No Offence peeplez.

Supersam
26-04-2008, 10:54 PM
So it's ok to discriminate against the majority, but not a minority? I see a fatal flaw here - the majority are, by definition, a larger group. Your logic allows for massive amounts of people to be offended or worked against, but not a small group :S

Discrimination is discimnating against a minority by a majority.

Majorities cannot be discriminated against.

Thats why in things such as political correctness words are changed so to not insult minorities but often are first used in favour of majorities.

e.g. Gingerbread man in it's politically correct form is Ginger-flavoured person.

The 2 minorites being ginger people and women.
The majority being men.

To be honest I don't have a problem with them, they don't affect me. If I wanted to stop something just because I don't agree with the principle of it I'd have had all smokers shot years ago :P

I suppose its a service with a target audience. Its not that straight people can't go in there, but there isn't much point if you're looking to pull someone unless you fancy a threesome with 2 people of the opposite sex :P Its like going on a singles dating site when you're married.

Smoking can affect people via second-hand smoke and should not be allowed at all never mind just not in public places.

If you want to smoke, do it in your own privacy and in a place that does not affect other people.

Wrooooong. I Hate Gay'z. No Offence peeplez.

1) Can I ask why?
2) Homophobia isnt really what is being dicussed - its about segregation of homosexuals from society in refference to gay bars.

FlyingJesus
26-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Discrimination is discimnating against a minority by a majority.

Majorities cannot be discriminated against.

That's entirely untrue, anyone can be discriminated against. Going by what you say, a white male Christian of good mental and physical health cannot be offended as a matter of principle :S it makes no sense

Supersam
26-04-2008, 11:31 PM
That's entirely untrue, anyone can be discriminated against. Going by what you say, a white male Christian of good mental and physical health cannot be offended as a matter of principle :S it makes no sense

If that male christian lived in Islam then he would be part of a minority.

Why do you think calling someone black the n word is racist and it is a criminal offence but black people calling white people 'white trash' or something is not?

Thats because in this country black people are the minority.

FlyingJesus
26-04-2008, 11:42 PM
It's because the legal system on this sort of thing is relatively new and has been built up incorrectly. Also it is illegal still it's just not seen as serious really so it gets overlooked in most cases.

Jordy
26-04-2008, 11:43 PM
I think gay bar's are good as they can attempt to pull people of their own sexuality much easier, a homosexual is going to struggle pulling someone in a strip club as most the men would be interested in women.

I don't see the point in gay hotels? What would the difference be? Do they serve crocodile penis and stuff in the restaurant or something? I think gay bar's are a great idea, they benefit straight and gay people, I just cannot see why you need a hotel aimed at homosexuals though.

RedStratocas
27-04-2008, 12:20 AM
if homosexuals felt discriminated against because of them, they wouldn't go in now would they? it's not segregation, it's completely voluntary.

Misawa
27-04-2008, 01:54 AM
I live in Brighton, which has the biggest gay and lesbian community in the UK. Gay clubs are everywhere, "Revenge" being probably the most popular. I have no problem with them and support their existence.

Dan2nd
27-04-2008, 10:28 AM

AND

Everytime someone says that to me I can't help but to laugh.. as most accidents that have happened around my college have been caused by girls. Many times have I see girls smash into the back of a parked car and just driven off. I even saw a girl go into the back of someone on the road and the guy she went into the back of stopped and got out his car and she just sped off. I'm not labeling all girls like this just saying almost every accident I've seen caused by girls at my college (and thats alot) they drive away. I also get pulled out infront of constantly by young mothers in their 4x4s which drives me mad (no pun intended)

Anyway on topic I have no problem with gay bars, clubs, hotels whatever if it makes them feel more comfortable going there why not?

Oracle.
16-05-2008, 04:05 PM

I 100% agree, although i am most definitely not homophobic - people are trying too hard to make the homosexuals fit in. We're all the same people whatever people want to do with their lives they can - its a free country. But this is going way too far. :eusa_whis

visa.
16-05-2008, 06:14 PM
i love it when people like Dan2nd have to throw their own 'real life experience' opinion in there.

"i don't care what paid research and intensive studies have revealed, because the three times i have seen a car crash around my minimally important town it has been caused by a thoughtless girl. perhaps this has to do with the fact that i am a young male and do not like being labelled as a reckless driver therefore making me more likely to try to push the blame on females. in total, i don't care what studies say and based on a few insignificant incidents i will try to overturn the whole dominant paradigm in favour of my personal ramblings"

Papershop
17-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Gay bars are places where gays can go to feel more socially accepted. If you are going in a pordominately straight club and wanting to kiss your partner your obvioulsy going to feel uncomfortable.
And to the people who say "well we dont have straight clubs" stop being immature, because all of them apart from the gay clubs are.

Nain
17-05-2008, 10:04 PM
its basically a place where a gay man, meets another gay man, they hook up. but non-homosexuals are allowed in. Just that the Non-Homosexuals may be asked out, a homophobes worst nightmare. Note that i am not homophobic.

Mitch4?
17-05-2008, 10:05 PM

It's not really cause discrimination is when you act upon it.

Straight people are allowed into gay pubs, if they wern't allowed in then it would be discrimination.

I think there a good thing to be honest, if they didn't exist and you just had to go to an ordinary nightclub its much harder to find someone you like.

Excellent
18-05-2008, 08:41 PM
*Removed*

Edited by Professor-Alex (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't be homophobic

whitebengal
18-05-2008, 10:48 PM
I think having gay bars is stupid because it puts people into categories.....It would be like having bars just for black people and just for white people....This would be classed as racism so I don't see why having gay bars is any different to that if that makes sense?

I think all people should be treated the same....Just because some one is gay doesn't mean they're different from straight people.

But saying that...Because of the world we live in people are treated differently and I suppose if there is a gay bar there is more chance of them pulling someone without getting a smack in the face lol :eusa_danc

Redacted
18-05-2008, 10:51 PM
It's perfectly ok, Its like a strip club.

People go in there looking for a fun time, and looking for a stripper.

In a gay bar, people go in looking for a gay, and find one.

It just makes gay dating easier!

JessicaLOL
19-05-2008, 04:48 PM
lol wots so bad in gays avin der own "gay" club n stuff i dnt see the problem

Excellent
19-05-2008, 06:14 PM
I think having gay bars is stupid because it puts people into categories.....It would be like having bars just for black people and just for white people....This would be classed as racism so I don't see why having gay bars is any different to that if that makes sense?

I think all people should be treated the same....Just because some one is gay doesn't mean they're different from straight people.

But saying that...Because of the world we live in people are treated differently and I suppose if there is a gay bar there is more chance of them pulling someone without getting a smack in the face lol :eusa_dancValid reasons you have here but if a gay so and so went into a normal bar and he started kissing his so and so (boyfriend) he would get beaten to a pulp by real men. Exactly why gays should be designated a 4x4 ft bar.

Movieen
19-05-2008, 07:28 PM
*Removed*

Edited by --ss-- (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not make comments which is offend others.

AgnesIO
19-05-2008, 07:50 PM
*Removed*

Evil *******.

Anyway i think it is wrong as straight people wouldn't be able to have a straight only bar..

Mitch4?
19-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Evil *******.

Anyway i think it is wrong as straight people wouldn't be able to have a straight only bar..

gay clubs aren't straight only, straight people can go in there too.
just like clubs are mainly aimed at straight people cause there easy to find a good bit of fun, gay people can also go in straight clubs.
it's just basically you go in whichever club you want to find a good partner really. <3

Hopeless
19-05-2008, 11:20 PM
I think gay pubs/clubs ect... are wrong because its suggesting that straight people and gay people should be seperated... there should be just one type of club where all types of people [Straight, gay, lesbian, bi] can go into and do as they please without being frowned apon

AgnesIO
20-05-2008, 06:39 AM
gay clubs aren't straight only, straight people can go in there too.
just like clubs are mainly aimed at straight people cause there easy to find a good bit of fun, gay people can also go in straight clubs.
it's just basically you go in whichever club you want to find a good partner really. <3

I know anyone CAN go in.

But if i made a Straight Club somewhere i would be arrested for dividing straights to gays/lesbian/bi etc.

whitebengal
20-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Valid reasons you have here but if a gay so and so went into a normal bar and he started kissing his so and so (boyfriend) he would get beaten to a pulp by real men. Exactly why gays should be designated a 4x4 ft bar.

If you read my post properly you'll see thats what i said.....:rolleyes:

Supersam
20-05-2008, 10:16 AM
I think gay pubs/clubs ect... are wrong because its suggesting that straight people and gay people should be seperated... there should be just one type of club where all types of people [Straight, gay, lesbian, bi] can go into and do as they please without being frowned apon

Yes and maybe also the sky should rain chocolate.

It just doesnt happen like that.

Gay/Lesbian/Bi groups are seperated from the majority because of discrimination.

These bars dont 'suggest' they should be seperate, society today makes that segregation itself. And these bars are a place for that minority to go who are seperate from the majority.

If your waiting for a society that will not have gay bars but will not discriminate against peoples sexuality then you will have to wait a long time.

<3
20-05-2008, 11:44 AM
I wouldn't go myself but I don't see anything wrong with them. If you don't like them then don't go to them, there's not going to be a law to close down all gay bars any time soon :p

Bef
20-05-2008, 12:19 PM
most gay bars i know of let straight people in to. They just have an atmosphere and attract more gay people. one of my best mates is a lesbian and iv been to a few bars she goes to with her and its a laugh but its not the sort of place id want to go all the time. its not a big deal, its usually a place thats free from predujice and where gay people can meet each other and just have a laugh not being on edge thinking they might get there teeth kicked in by some stupid drunken loon.

They are just aimed at the gay community. There are plenty of clubs aimed at the straight community. There are clubs aimed at black people. One club in Cardiff is about 95% black, i dont see an issue with that? They dont stop white people going in, iv been in a few times.

So is it discrimination when clubs have singles night?

Maybe it would be discrimination if straight people werent allowed in. Theres alot of straight people in the gay clubs in cardiff towards the end of the night as its open to 6am (and a good place to buy pills)

Alexicles.
21-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Woo for Gay Bars, (Y). I love gay pubs/clubs/whatever seeing as I am gay. xDD!

I think they're good, is gives homosexuals a chance to go somewhere where they can be themselves, and not be bullied by straight peopleee. :D

x

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!