PDA

View Full Version : Employment among Grandparents [+REP BEING GIVEN!]

bo$$
27-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Yeaaaah man.
I'm doing this assignment for my marketing class and we're studying like different generations and crap and employment trends etc etc.

Basically I just need like a list of 20 or something jobs that grandparents do.

Since I don't know that many elderly people..
Simply post what your grandpa does and what your grandma does.
I'd also appreciate if you put how long they've been doing it but it's fine if you don't know.

Thaaaank you.

Javascrypt
27-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Yeaaaah man.
I'm doing this assignment for my marketing class and we're studying like different generations and crap and employment trends etc etc.

Basically I just need like a list of 20 or something jobs that grandparents do.

Since I don't know that many elderly people..
Simply post what your grandpa does and what your grandma does.
I'd also appreciate if you put how long they've been doing it but it's fine if you don't know.

Thaaaank you.

My Grandad builds model planes and model ships.
My grandma died. She was on a machine, Allowing her to breathe.

bo$$
27-04-2008, 09:32 PM
My Grandad builds model planes and model ships.
My grandma died. She was on a machine, Allowing her to breathe.

aw sorry to hear :(
+rep though

edit; gotta spread

Javascrypt
27-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Thats okay. You owe me 2 now. XD

A-Kendall
27-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Well before both my grandparents died my grandad use to be a farmer and and my grandma worked at a place where they made like food for the homeless people to come in and eat. Not sure if this is what your looking for but hey its the truth :) .

bo$$
27-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Well before both my grandparents died my grandad use to be a farmer and and my grandma worked at a place where they made like food for the homeless people to come in and eat. Not sure if this is what your looking for but hey its the truth :) .

A-Kendall
27-04-2008, 09:56 PM
LiquidAcid what do your grandparents actualy do?

Nemo
27-04-2008, 09:57 PM
my nan is a private councellor

Mr.Sam
27-04-2008, 09:59 PM
My grandad is a roofer and owns his own roofing business, he's 75.

bo$$
27-04-2008, 10:00 PM
LiquidAcid what do your grandparents actualy do?
Well my grandpa was a farmer for a bit as well but then he moved more into the city and then just retired. My grandma I actually haven't talked to in a bit of time so I don't know :P Last time I checked she was doing some artistic stuff + she had a little farm of her own.

my nan is a private councellor
Thank you sir, +rep

My grandad is a roofer and owns his own roofing business, he's 75.
omg awesome. +rep

A-Kendall
28-04-2008, 04:48 PM
If this is any use to you, my mates grandparents work together in a small hotel they own. (disgusting hotel) lol

Toughened
28-04-2008, 06:20 PM
My Nan does care work type thing if that's any help?
:D

Frodo13.
28-04-2008, 06:27 PM
My Grandad (Mum's dad) was a coal miner, then a lorry driver. My other Grandad worked at a brewery.

My Nana (Mum's mum) worked in the laundret at a Nursing Home and I have no idea was my other Nana did.

I think the pattern is that back in our Grandparents time, there was alot of employment in the primary and secondary sector, however as it is now cheaper to do primary sector work abroad, there has been a decrease in the primary and secondary dector and a increase in the teriorty sector.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!