PDA

View Full Version : Year 11 timetable collapsed

mat64
08-05-2008, 10:11 AM
I am now officially off my timetable and starting my study period for exams in the coming month. We had a presentation and abit of shirt signing and that, the presentations were good there was some joke awards given out like those who had been off school the most etc. and some pictures from our year 7 days and trips. So now it's time to study for the exams and enjoy the longest summer holiday I will ever have ;).

Anybody else off timetable now?

Swearwolf
08-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Have been for 2 years xD
feels good

JackBuddy
08-05-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm in my first year of college at the moment, my last day is tomorrow, then I have a month off for study leave & exams then I start A2 work for a month.

I'm sure you'll get a longer summer holiday if you go to uni :p

Tristan
08-05-2008, 02:59 PM
You start now? :(
We finish and start study period 23rd. But our first exam is next friday, 16th and have loads on the next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
So stupid.

Bun
08-05-2008, 05:36 PM
I have a German speaking exam next Monday, break up on Tuesday, then have a crappy RE exam on Wednesday lol :(.

cocaine
08-05-2008, 05:38 PM
i dont think they should have done the award for most time off school :S

but nevertheless its the year 10s time to run amock ;D

Axel
08-05-2008, 05:46 PM
We finish and start study period 23rd. But our first exam is next friday, 16th and have loads on the next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
So stupid.

Saamee.

Florx
08-05-2008, 06:00 PM
We get study leave next Wednesday which also happens to be my birthday so I am pleased about that :)

benjamin
08-05-2008, 06:35 PM
mines on 23rd, too. and my first exam was ermmmm, 24th april lmao.
So stupid.

mangle
08-05-2008, 06:37 PM
So stupid.
Edexcel PE?

And I start tomorow! :)

-Eyeless-
My first exam is on monday and I dont get study leaveuntil tge 2nd of june because people were just going out and getting pissed... its a joke, I have 60% of my exams before my study leave starts... :(

Energizer
we don't get study leave, at all.

mat64
08-05-2008, 11:16 PM

but nevertheless its the year 10s time to run amock ;DThey were just joke awards mind. There were ones for best hair etc aswell ;).

My first exam is on Wednesday, RE year 10 exam resit and my last is on the 12th June.

Judge Judy
09-05-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm in Year 10 but have Science Exams and Maths in June (but one on Monday)

good luck with the exams btw

mat64
09-05-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm in Year 10 but have Science Exams and Maths in June (but one on Monday)

good luck with the exams btw
Cheers :) and you live in Selby aswell, small world :P

Judge Judy
09-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Cheers :) and you live in Selby aswell, small world :P

Small world indeed xD

Eamonn
09-05-2008, 09:03 PM
my first exam on the 14th, prom on the 16th, atm the last day is the 23rd but some teachers are saying it's being bought forward although i'm not fussed either way and then my last exam is on the 24th june and then finished :)

and if i somehow fail all of my exams I have my one science gcse already :P

Frodo13.
09-05-2008, 09:13 PM
We had awards at the end of Year 11 too. I won Drama King :P Study Leave for Year 12 starts on the 15th at my school, but got a exam on that day also :(

e5
09-05-2008, 09:17 PM

but nevertheless its the year 10s time to run amock ;D
It's a joke award and why not? :S

Hiro
09-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Haha.
My first AS exam is on the 12th, my last is on the 21st. My study leave is 19th May - 16th June (off timetable).
So I get 3 weeks (inc. half term) off.

JackBuddy
09-05-2008, 09:55 PM
my first exam on the 14th, prom on the 16th, atm the last day is the 23rd but some teachers are saying it's being bought forward although i'm not fussed either way and then my last exam is on the 24th june and then finished :)

Prom during your exams? That's dumb.

Geraint
09-05-2008, 10:08 PM
My school's year 11s went off yesterday. They had Laura from Big Brother to present their files to them. Apparently, everyone was really excited about the person this year, because we had Dwayne Peel last year, but when they found out they all just dropped and went "AWWW"

Meanies
09-05-2008, 10:13 PM
I am now officially off my timetable and starting my study period for exams in the coming month. We had a presentation and abit of shirt signing and that, the presentations were good there was some joke awards given out like those who had been off school the most etc. and some pictures from our year 7 days and trips. So now it's time to study for the exams and enjoy the longest summer holiday I will ever have ;).

Anybody else off timetable now?

We had that assembly today. But we don't leave until next thursday :)
We're not allowed to sign shirts until the thursday tho so its a bit crap, and we onyl really have 1st, 2nd lesson and another year assembly thing. I don't wna leave now there's only a few days left. It'l be boring for the 10weeks odd we get off but oh well. Life goes on :(

First exam (RE) is next wednesday. But my german speaking is on monday :o Mylast exam is june 18th, then prom the next day, then i go on holiday :) but i miss all the after-parties :(

Flisker
09-05-2008, 10:31 PM
I don't get study leave at all, and i am chocablock with Coursework, exams, revision, homework, lessons etc.

I'm also stuffed.

Eamonn
10-05-2008, 03:46 PM

I personally don't think it is dumb :S it's four hours on a friday night, if people find that it is too much time to take out of their revision timetables they can just simply miss the prom :rolleyes:. At the end of the day if people want to get hammered and have a hangover over the weekend it just shows how much they care about their own education anyway.

and flisker, why would you still have coursework to do? Surely all the coursework deadlines have already come and gone?

JackBuddy
11-05-2008, 08:21 AM
I personally don't think it is dumb :S it's four hours on a friday night, if people find that it is too much time to take out of their revision timetables they can just simply miss the prom :rolleyes:. At the end of the day if people want to get hammered and have a hangover over the weekend it just shows how much they care about their own education anyway.

and flisker, why would you still have coursework to do? Surely all the coursework deadlines have already come and gone?
Coursework gets sent off with the exams, the teachers lie.

I'm just saying that it's probably best to celebrate the end of school when you have actually left...

Mitch4?
11-05-2008, 10:05 AM

I've got them exact dates for my exam too, except i finish on 11th with history. =]

I thought this too cause like loads of people have like wednesday/thursday/friday fully booked for hair make up nails tan etc. and then saturday will be recovery, then we've got three exams on monday and tuesday. So they've lost like 4 days revision right before english, maths and ICT. meh. ;p

Eamonn
11-05-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm just saying that it's probably best to celebrate the end of school when you have actually left...

If you think about it properly the date is quite well planned, because why do the prom on the 23rd which is the official leaving date when it is right in the middle of exams opposed to the 16th when they are only just starting? And to do the prom at the end of June would be stupid cus not as many people would go because schools finished for good :rolleyes:

I thought this too cause like loads of people have like wednesday/thursday/friday fully booked for hair make up nails tan etc. and then saturday will be recovery, then we've got three exams on monday and tuesday. So they've lost like 4 days revision right before english, maths and ICT. meh. ;p

That's like I said if people care about their education that much they wont need to recovery on the saturday because they wont get hammered and that pretty much covers the hair, make-up ect. if people care about those things over revision it just shows they obviously don't value their education highly.

CHA!NGANG
11-05-2008, 11:18 AM
I broke up for study leave on Friday too. We caused some trouble, but not much because we didn't have much time without teachers watching us. We had some magician come in, and he was terrible.. After we went out for a few hours so it was a good day. My last exam is on June 20th :)

JackBuddy
11-05-2008, 12:16 PM
If you think about it properly the date is quite well planned, because why do the prom on the 23rd which is the official leaving date when it is right in the middle of exams opposed to the 16th when they are only just starting? And to do the prom at the end of June would be stupid cus not as many people would go because schools finished for good :rolleyes:
Well my prom last year was a week or two after the exams. I'm just saying that it's better to celebrate leaving school when everything (including exams) is over. Everyone in my year (apart from the geeks) wanted to go to the prom... if nobody wants to go because school is finished then they're stupid.

Inseriousity.
11-05-2008, 12:27 PM
My prom is the 2nd of July. A big distance away from my last exam (June 18th)....

My 'study leave' starts on Thursday but they're giving us a timetable so that we come in and revise for certain subjects. I think that there will be 'free periods' though where we just go home... I won't know til Thursday... so basically my timetable isn't collasping, we're just getting a new one :P

Meanies
11-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Well my prom last year was a week or two after the exams. I'm just saying that it's better to celebrate leaving school when everything (including exams) is over. Everyone in my year (apart from the geeks) wanted to go to the prom... if nobody wants to go because school is finished then they're stupid.

Ours is the same day as the final exam. Most people finish exams on 12th june tho. So they get a week to 'prepare'

YoManGo!
11-05-2008, 01:53 PM
i left on thursday
well, we had to go in for an hour on friday but i dont count it

it feels good :)

Eamonn
11-05-2008, 03:46 PM

Well I would expect people in my school to be more reluctant to go to the prom when the exams have well finished, seeing as the majority of people will be doing their own thing like going on holiday and getting jobs. It's much easier to keep in contact and sort out the prom whilst you are still at school and since exams at my school started about two weeks ago (art, p.e, languages (the more practical subjects)) the best time is to do it around now because in April would just be silly tbh considering the leaving day is the end of May and exams finish the end of June.

JackBuddy
11-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Well I would expect people in my school to be more reluctant to go to the prom when the exams have well finished, seeing as the majority of people will be doing their own thing like going on holiday and getting jobs. It's much easier to keep in contact and sort out the prom whilst you are still at school and since exams at my school started about two weeks ago (art, p.e, languages (the more practical subjects)) the best time is to do it around now because in April would just be silly tbh considering the leaving day is the end of May and exams finish the end of June.
Believe me, 99% of the people in my year group went to the prom, which was on the 4/5 July. I'm sure the case will be the same with you. I'm just sayign that it's best to celebrate the end of school when exams are actually over. I'm sure it would also be more relaxing afterwards. Plus I'm sure people would have known about the prom for ages anyway.

Bun
11-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Believe me, 99% of the people in my year group went to the prom, which was on the 4/5 July. I'm sure the case will be the same with you. I'm just sayign that it's best to celebrate the end of school when exams are actually over. I'm sure it would also be more relaxing afterwards. Plus I'm sure people would have known about the prom for ages anyway.
You're right. I had my prom on the 30th April (lol), and despite how mint the night was I wish it was on after the exams :(.

Eamonn
11-05-2008, 10:17 PM

And I'm sure I know my school and the people better than you and I know that alot wont care about it.

mat64
12-05-2008, 01:17 PM
We had that assembly today. But we don't leave until next thursday :)
We're not allowed to sign shirts until the thursday tho so its a bit crap, and we onyl really have 1st, 2nd lesson and another year assembly thing. I don't wna leave now there's only a few days left. It'l be boring for the 10weeks odd we get off but oh well. Life goes on :(

First exam (RE) is next wednesday. But my german speaking is on monday :o Mylast exam is june 18th, then prom the next day, then i go on holiday :) but i miss all the after-parties :(It felt weird after the assembly was over and I walked home. It did actually feel like I'd finished school now and it's kind of sad really, 11 years in the public education system are now over and just weeks remaining before everything is finished. I think I'll miss seeing quite alot of people from my school. Not so much my main group of friends, but more the acquaintance of the others I have spent time with. As those are the people that I won't see anymore, atleast not after the exam period has finished. In a way I also regret the fact that I didn't take time to try and get to know these people better, once again it's quite saddening. I guess I might be seeing some of them at Collages but there won't be any one time again where everyone I've known from the past 5 years will be under the same roof. Seems strange with saying this really that I didn't go to my school prom, quite ironic.

My first exam is on Wednesday and my last is on the 12th June. Next week I have an exam everyday of the week and I am in for revision pretty much everyday. It is that side of school that I won't miss.

JackBuddy
12-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Eamonn why would people who don't care about the prom want to go anyway?

hmph

Eamonn
12-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Eamonn why would people who don't care about the prom want to go anyway?

hmph

You obviously haven't understood what I have said.

1. People will go prom when it's in school time because it's being talked about by teachers, pupils ect.
2. After exams most people will be going on holiday and getting jobs
3. When we aren't at school I know alot of people will just forget about it and wont be bothered

I happen to know this and value my own opinion over yours because I go to my school, I know the people and you don't

Josh-H
12-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Tomorrow my exams start and I officially came off timetable today.

Retroduck
12-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Study leave is 23
1st exam is 14th May. [R.e] lol
We leave forvever like 28 june.
Prom in start on july.

JackBuddy
12-05-2008, 06:53 PM
k but i still think its stupid

Eamonn
14-05-2008, 06:49 AM
k but i still think its stupid
And I never asked for your opinion on the matter anyway :rolleyes:

mantora
14-05-2008, 10:26 AM
I want a holiday to but sadly i cant :( its because i had my exams last year so cy cry cry cry :( pitty me. Last year i had alot of free weeks :( But now cry when youre all laying in the sun im stil at school doing ****** work :( its such a sad thing a sad destiny. Cry irl irl irl irl

JackBuddy
14-05-2008, 12:51 PM
And I never asked for your opinion on the matter anyway :rolleyes:
we never asked for your prom date.

*+**+*+*+

Bun
14-05-2008, 04:27 PM
You obviously haven't understood what I have said.

1. People will go prom when it's in school time because it's being talked about by teachers, pupils ect.
2. After exams most people will be going on holiday and getting jobs
3. When we aren't at school I know alot of people will just forget about it and wont be bothered

I happen to know this and value my own opinion over yours because I go to my school, I know the people and you don't
i don't get why it's so complicated? you either want to go to the prom, or you don't? :S

JackBuddy
14-05-2008, 05:06 PM
i don't get why it's so complicated? you either want to go to the prom, or you don't? :S
dan you'll start him again lol

Eamonn
14-05-2008, 06:20 PM

I never made it complication dear, I just had to explain to others who didn't understand.

Bun
14-05-2008, 06:24 PM
my apologies, your heighness.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!