PDA

View Full Version : >>Rate an Album<<<

RedStratocas
18-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Ok. New thread. Rate an album. One you either got a while ago, or recently, but try to keep it up to date. This is just to suggest albums and rate albums if we are thinking of buying it. Do it in the form like below:

New rule: No rating 10/10

Band/Artist: Modest Mouse
Album: Good news for people who love bad news
Year: 2004
Genre: Rock/Indie
Rating: 8.5
Best track: Bury me with it
Worst track: Intro
Description: Usually, I dont like indie, but this is an acception. Their wierd lyrics are almost system of a down like, but the unconsistancy of the songs make the album so good. In just three songs, you go from the catchyness of "Float on" to the depressing, god hating song "Blundolski". If you hate bands that arent consistant, this album is not for you.

kasi
18-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Band/Artist: My Chemical Romance
Album: Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge
Genre: Punk/Emo/Alternative
Rating: 10/10
Best track: It's not a fashion statement, it's a deathwish
Worst track: Bury me in black
Description: Bah I love MCR! I would diee for them... and I promise you this; I will meet Gerard Way, even if I have to do some of the craziest things for him :P Well I probably will cause I'm going to a concert on the 28th of July and I have front row seats woo ;] MOSH PIT rofl.

Tommy
18-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Band/Artist: Damien Rice
Album: O
Genre: Erm, I dunno
Rating: 9
Best track: Cannonball
Worst track: Eskimo
Description: Really calming songs, some are a bit rock, some are sorta pop, some are both. Its like something you would hear in a coffee cafe! Its just mellow =P

Pawf
19-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Band/Artist: System of a Down
Album: Mezmerize
Year: 2005
Genre: Rock, speed metal, Armenian folklore (lmao, true)
Rating: 10/10
Best track: Cigaro
Worst track: Sad Statue
Description: This is definately the best album out of the 4 - and for you who have heard the previous 3 you will know how good that is! Some songs on Mezmerize are good for:

Moshing to, such as B.Y.O.B and Cigaro;
Swaying to, such as Sad Statue and Lost in Hollywood;
Singing to, such as Violent Po'rnography and This Co'caine.

All in all I would say that Mezmerize is an amazing album that will suit all tastes and I for one can't wait for Hypnotize to come out.

Revis
21-06-2005, 08:27 PM
Band/Artist: Foo Fighters
Album: In Your Honor (Disk Uno)
Genre: Rock
Rating: 905
Best track: too Many, DOA or Deepest BLues are Black
Worst track: Can't chose, they all rule.
Description: Possibly their greatest album yet and possibly a rival for Dave Grohl's former group's, Nirvana, Nevermind album. I've been too busy listening to Disk one that I haven't had time to listen to dIsk 2, and I got it the day it was realised.

Jim Rotates
22-06-2005, 09:16 AM
OMG, I am so bored so I think I will "rate an album". Hey Gwen "fans" (really Hollaback Girl fans) check this out! Maybe you'll appreciate good songs of hers.

Band/Artist: Gwen Stefani
Album: Love, Angel, Music, Baby
Genre: Pop
Rating: 8.5
Best Track: What You Waiting For/Bubble Pop Electric
Worst Track: Long Way To Go/Luxurious
Description: Okay, I love No Doubt, ever since I heard that catchy intro to just A Girl I've been following their music. When I first heard What You Waiting For I was thinking, "Not my cup of tea, really" and then I heard it again, and after a while found myself listening to it over and over over again. I eventually got the album. This is no where near as good as No Doubt but Bubble Pop Electric, Serious, Danger Zone and definitley Cool are worth a listen as they are the best songs on the album. Some of the songs are very interesting and quite strange. It's a great like, party album. IMO the best Pop album in a while.

Tommy
24-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Good review! Rep+

Jim Rotates
24-06-2005, 11:29 PM
Why thank you :D I guess good came from boredom, lol :) I'd love to give Tragic Kingdom (<333) a review but it's WAY too old. Since 10 isnt allowed I'd give it a 9.999999999 lol

Tommy
24-06-2005, 11:33 PM
xP Too right! Must of been my intrest in Gwen stefani that helped =P

RedStratocas
05-07-2005, 01:19 AM
I got two more CD's today

First off:

Foo fighters
In your honor
Rock/ Alternative
Rating: 9/10
Best track: Hell/ Blues are black
Worst: There are a few bad ones ( Friend of a friend is I think representitive of kurt cobain. Not a good song anyway :p
Description: Two discs ( I think they can fit 20 songs on one cd. I can!) 1st one is more rock, and number 2 more accoustic and light. I recomend it.

Second

Audioslave
Out of exile
Rock/alternative
Rating: 8.5/10
Best track: Undecided, but so far, I think its either "Your time has come" or "Be yourself"
Worst: Still undecided, but I think "heaven's dead"
Description: A really good follow up to their last, self titled album, but not as great songs, but spread out greatness on the tracks.

Steph
05-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Band/Artist: Green Day
Album: American Idiot
Genre: Punk Rock
Rating: 9.5
Best track: (all to good) but probs Jesus of Suburbia
Worst track: Extraordinary Girl (but they are ALL really good)
Description: Best album I've ever listened too. All the songs have a meaning and the album altogether is a story

RedStratocas
05-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Band/Artist: Green Day
Album: American Idiot
Genre: Punk Rock
Rating: 9.5
Best track: (all to good) but probs Jesus of Suburbia
Worst track: Extraordinary Girl (but they are ALL really good)
Description: Best album I've ever listened too. All the songs have a meaning and the album altogether is a story

Dookie is by far green day's beat album, and by the looks of it, will always be. There is no arguement :p

Fingerboots
06-07-2005, 01:42 PM
Dookie is by far green day's beat album, and by the looks of it, will always be. There is no arguement :p
Haha, amen! Shmeh - people who think they are "die-hard" fans since Green Day have become popular annoy me, I mean some of them haven't even heard past the 'American Idiot' album, which is in fact quite bad. Go Dookie!
Humm, will rate an album later, kthnxbi. x]

RedStratocas
06-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Haha, amen! Shmeh - people who think they are "die-hard" fans since Green Day have become popular annoy me, I mean some of them haven't even heard past the 'American Idiot' album, which is in fact quite bad. Go Dookie!

Lol. I also hate the people, who hate green day, just because of their new stuff :( . Dookie was the first album I ever got, back when I was 4. Maybe the unedited version wasent the best idea :p. The cover is like the best cover ever too.

You know whats crazy? When rolling stone rated the 500 greatest albums of all time, dookie was 193 (which aint half bad. Hey, superunknown by soundgarden was 336!) but when they rated the top 500 songs, not a single green day song. You would think at least good riddance would be on it. "Hey ya" by outkast was 180 on the list. WTH? Lol. I just looked, and buddy holly by weezer just barely made it :p (497) Yeh, this list is messed up. Loosing my religion is like 169 or something. Should at least be in the top 50.

Have a look at the list: Here (http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/6596661/sort/year)
The top 500 albums (http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/5938174)

Fingerboots
06-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Lol. I also hate the people, who hate green day, just because of their new stuff :( . Dookie was the first album I ever got, back when I was 4. Maybe the unedited version wasent the best idea :p. The cover is like the best cover ever too.

You know whats crazy? When rolling stone rated the 500 greatest albums of all time, dookie was 193 (which aint half bad. Hey, superunknown by soundgarden was 336!) but when they rated the top 500 songs, not a single green day song. You would think at least good riddance would be on it. "Hey ya" by outkast was 180 on the list. WTH? Lol. I just looked, and buddy holly by weezer just barely made it :p (497) Yeh, this list is messed up. Loosing my religion is like 169 or something. Should at least be in the top 50.

Have a look at the list: Here (http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/6596661/sort/year)
The top 500 albums (http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/5938174)
Yeah, I couldn't agree more on the first bit as well! Haha getting the unedited version when you were 4! "Mummy, what do all these word mean?" Dookie was one of the first albums I got as well, sto.. "borrowed it permanently" off my sister who was a lot older then me so it was in the house already.

Jeez, some of that list really is out of order. Loosing my Religion is a brilliant song, ranked 126 and Hey Ya is 180? They shouldn't be anywhere NEAR eachother, lol. I'm looking at the Album list now, thanks I've been wanting to see this for a while but could never be bothered to find it. :8

Jim Rotates
06-07-2005, 02:48 PM
I know this is like a Green Day discussion thingy but something I have to say...316. Rock Steady, 441. Tragic Kingdom. Ahem...I don't think so... Tragic Kingdom is miles better than Rock Steady and so is Return Of Saturn, I didn't see Return Of Saturn. Silly list..lol

Hippygurl101
06-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Agreed Dooklie is definately the bes album from Green day.. and Foo fighters - DFefiantely 'The colous and the shape' Is there best beleive me, if you havent heard it, youve never really heard foo fighters.

Imagine only 3 really... tut tut. OK album

Band/Artist: James Blunt
Album: Back To Bedlam
Genre: Hmm Indie/Chill out..
Best track: Hard to Pick - Wisemen, You're beautiful, Billy.
Worst track: If you made me maybe Out of My Mind.
Description: Great Album, His voice is amazing and soulful and really impacts the meaning of the songs. His lyrics are inspired msotly all written by himself. There really thoughful and creative and poetic, and he isnt afraid to use wearing in senstivie songs not just for swearings sake but for effect.

RedStratocas
06-07-2005, 03:33 PM
The colour and the shape is a great album. Their new album is good too.

The song list is really messed up, but I think they did okay on the album chart.

Have you ever heard the secret song at the end of dookie? Its about two minutes past the last song. Oh man, its funny :p

Steph
06-07-2005, 04:00 PM
I hope that wasn't intended for me, cos if it was you are talking aload of bs!
and if it was what u dont no is that ive always liked green day even wen they werent as popular as they are today. u think different just coz i think american idiot was their best album?? get a life

Fingerboots
06-07-2005, 04:16 PM
I hope that wasn't intended for me, cos if it was you are talking aload of bs
Nupe, I was actually thinking of this girl in my business class who went to see them at Milton Keynes. She claimed she was a massive fan yet she hadn't heard more then about 4 songs off their new album..?

Steph
06-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Nupe, I was actually thinking of this girl in my business class who went to see them at Milton Keynes. She claimed she was a massive fan yet she hadn't heard more then about 4 songs off their new album..?
kk my apoligises

Luayminator
06-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Band : Maroon 5
Album : Songs About Jane
Year : 2004
Genre : Iunno
Rating : 6.5
Best Track : She Will Be Loved
Worst Track : Sunday Morning
Discription : I usually dont like Maroon 5 songs, I like the album because of she will be loved, the other songs bring the rating down, even though they arent bad, but they arent as good as she will be loved. I would recommend the album.

ullie
06-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Agreed Dooklie is definately the bes album from Green day.. and Foo fighters - DFefiantely 'The colous and the shape' Is there best beleive me, if you havent heard it, youve never really heard foo fighters.

Imagine only 3 really... tut tut. OK album

Band/Artist: James Blunt
Album: Back To Bedlam
Genre: Hmm Indie/Chill out..
Best track: Hard to Pick - Wisemen, You're beautiful, Billy.
Worst track: If you made me maybe Out of My Mind.
Description: Great Album, His voice is amazing and soulful and really impacts the meaning of the songs. His lyrics are inspired msotly all written by himself. There really thoughful and creative and poetic, and he isnt afraid to use wearing in senstivie songs not just for swearings sake but for effect.
I agree totally, James Blunt is amzing. He is way better tahn all these r0ck cr3w s0ngz lyke sl1pkn0t and s04d. Greenday also **** balls.

Vernacular
07-07-2005, 02:37 PM
Wow, MORxcore. James Blunt is one of the most bland, watered-down 'talents' I've come across since David Gray. Granted, the guy can write a song, but he's by no means deserving of all the 'best songwriter' accolades that he's getting. He's just a complete nonentity. If you want someone creative, poetic and genuinely amazing, check out Rufus Wainwright, Anthony (& The Johnsons) or even Jeff Buckley. Leave Blunt on supermarket shelves where he belongs.

Band/Artist: Anthony & The Johnsons
Album: I Am Like A Bird Now
Genre: Not sure. Vocal pop/folk, perhaps.
Rating: 8.6
Best Track: Hope There's Someone
Worst Track: There isn't one, really.
Description: The first thing that'll strike you about Antony is his voice: an incredible eight-octave vibrato, which brings to mind both Bryan Ferry and Nina Simone. It would be heartbreaking on its own, but it just happens to be singing some of the most powerfully emotive lyrics of the year. Songs about gender-confusion and mastectomies may not be everyone's cup of tea, and the songs have certainly divided opinion among the people I've played it to, but when the result is this haunting, it's hard not to comment on it at least.

Clo
10-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Definately, James Blunt is the best :)
His songs are so emotional, he will go a long way.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!