PDA

View Full Version : Prem Round up!

luce
11-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Well Manchester United are champions yet again and i was nearly crying in the celebrations! They were awsome ect.

In the end we only needed to draw becuase chelse failed at home. :)
MOSCOWW! Here We Gooo :D

Anyway heres a table.. do you think man utd deverved it?
I know i do :)

Excellent1
11-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Hell yeah we deserved it. Look at the goal difference. We were by far the better team throughout the season. Commiserations to chelsea and arsenal but you just wasn't good enough when scoring, could have gone either way when arsenal were our biggest thread but with the eduardo injury and the lack of experience from the young players shon through which gave arsenal a hard season ahead. Chelsea were always going to be our main rivals, chelsea are by far the 2nd best team in the world in my humble opinion, avram grant has done an immense job, they call mouriniho the great one, I'd look again.

Alas the british teams rule throughout the world.
Bring on moscow!

ThyGoat
11-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Hell yeah we deserved it. Look at the goal difference. We were by far the better team throughout the season. Commiserations to chelsea and arsenal but you just wasn't good enough when scoring, could have gone either way when arsenal were our biggest thread but with the eduardo injury and the lack of experience from the young players shon through which gave arsenal a hard season ahead. Chelsea were always going to be our main rivals, chelsea are by far the 2nd best team in the world in my humble opinion, avram grant has done an immense job, they call mouriniho the great one, I'd look again.

Alas the british teams rule throughout the world.
Bring on moscow!
Special one... :eusa_whis

luce
11-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Jose was there for three years i think and alex ferige had been here for 20? do surely jose should take his head out of his ouw *** for a minuite to look and see he isnt anymore chosen than me!

Rarelime
11-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Cant look at the table, knowing that spurs finished under west ham!! :@ :eusa_wall

luce
11-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Cant look at the table, knowing that spurs finished under west ham!! :@ :eusa_wall

West Ham aren't that bad and to consider your wobbly patch in the season you did really well to pull it back :)

Ill be watching MOTD tonight to see the Man City Loose :)

LOL

ThyGoat
11-05-2008, 06:13 PM
West Ham aren't that bad and to consider your wobbly patch in the season you did really well to pull it back :)

LOL
Yeah OK then love, nice to see your Man United season ticket... oh wait.

Stitch
11-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Reading will be back... :D I'll put a reminder for MOTD on Sky so I don't miss it.

ThyGoat
11-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Reading will be back... :D
Nah stay down there, we'll join you after next season. :8

Rarelime
11-05-2008, 06:20 PM

LOL

I dont think you understand fully. To finish under west ham is not a good thing.

luce
11-05-2008, 06:24 PM
yeah its not a good thing to finish under anyone!
but its not then end of the world theres always next season :)

Xeck
11-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Obviously a disappointing season considering where we were for much of the campaign. Still, we played above expectation and it's something to look forward to, the youngsters are improving [especially Walcott, can't wait to see him next season] and hopefully a few new players will come in too.

Also.... so much for us finishing fifth with Spurs in fourth place.

luce
11-05-2008, 06:59 PM
I think theo is a good young talent!

BUT, after his debated world cup selection is the expectation of him to high?

Xeck
11-05-2008, 07:56 PM
I think theo is a good young talent!

BUT, after his debated world cup selection is the expectation of him to high?

Only time will tell, he's certainly improved massively over the past few months.

CJW93
11-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Ive always been a fan of united's style of play.
Well deserved
Roll on Moscow!
United For the Double

luce
11-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Ive always been a fan of united's style of play.
Well deserved
Roll on Moscow!
United For the Double

If we hadnt thrown it away agenst pompy in thr FA cup we could have done the treble but im not camplaining with 2 theres always next season :D

Geraint
11-05-2008, 09:57 PM

LOL

I'll be looking for you in the stand.

Reading will be back... :D I'll put a reminder for MOTD on Sky so I don't miss it.

Better give us 3,500 tickets next season.

Nah stay down there, we'll join you after next season. :8

Nice, I can go to your ground.

If we hadnt thrown it away agenst pompy in thr FA cup we could have done the treble but im not camplaining with 2 theres always next season :D

No, you would have faced us and been purely embarrassed.

Simmzay
12-05-2008, 12:14 AM
Great goal by Theo! I think he's finally finding some composure with his decision making and shooting. He's only going to get better.

FlyingJesus
12-05-2008, 12:33 AM
I'm a Chelsea fan but I do believe Man U deserved the title this year, they were well out in front for the most part and even when we drew up close I didn't think it was going to happen - although there were some shock results in the last matches lol.

Bring on Russia, should be an excellent game.

luce
12-05-2008, 06:22 AM
I'm a Chelsea fan but I do believe Man U deserved the title this year, they were well out in front for the most part and even when we drew up close I didn't think it was going to happen - although there were some shock results in the last matches lol.

Bring on Russia, should be an excellent game.

I agree, they it give united the mental edge, maybe so but also chelase mah "have" to win this. Drogba and Terry and doubts! which if they both don't play is a massive blow to them. But i think it will be a fantastic game. And i hope the best team wins on the night.(i dont mean Man Utd i mean the team who plays the best then :P)

e5
12-05-2008, 06:28 AM
It's a shame we didn't get into Uefa (Aston Villa) but I think we got into 'into to to' (sp?) and if we win that, we get a spot in the Uefa Cup?

Xeck
12-05-2008, 06:59 AM
It's a shame we didn't get into Uefa (Aston Villa) but I think we got into 'into to to' (sp?) and if we win that, we get a spot in the Uefa Cup?

Yep. :] This is the last year before the Intertoto Cup is no more, starting next season teams who got an Intertoto Cup position will be entered in the qualifying stages of the UEFA Cup.

edible
12-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Fair do's to Villa, they did well to catch up with Everton. But at least you've got the intertoto :)

I'm so happy Everton finished 5th, it just proves how much we are improving. Kevin Keegan called us an inspiration:8! Cant wait till more European nights next season. I hope we get some good new players in, we definetely need to strengthen our squad and I think that the prospect of Europe will attract players. Moyes better get a contract extension :)

woooooo (;

Tristan
12-05-2008, 03:56 PM
I agree, they it give united the mental edge, maybe so but also chelase mah "have" to win this. Drogba and Terry and doubts! which if they both don't play is a massive blow to them. But i think it will be a fantastic game. And i hope the best team wins on the night.(i dont mean Man Utd i mean the team who plays the best then :P)

Which supporter doesn't hope that their team wins the Champions League final definately...? Even if Manchester United play worse than Chelsea (which of course they won't :)), I want Manchester United to win.

Alan_Carr
12-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Fair do's to Villa, they did well to catch up with Everton. But at least you've got the intertoto :)

I'm so happy Everton finished 5th, it just proves how much we are improving. Kevin Keegan called us an inspiration:8! Cant wait till more European nights next season. I hope we get some good new players in, we definetely need to strengthen our squad and I think that the prospect of Europe will attract players. Moyes better get a contract extension :)

woooooo (;

It doesnt really prove how much you're improving tbh?

Where did you finish last season? 5th :)
You got knocked out of the UEFA CUP at around the same stage last season.

Ent really improved. Sadly, i dnt think you'll be able to attract BIG players, due to the league being all about the "big four", and when big players come around, they're first priority is the CHAMPO LEAGUE, but yeah, good luck for next season.

edible
12-05-2008, 06:59 PM
It doesnt really prove how much you're improving tbh?

Where did you finish last season? 5th :)
You got knocked out of the UEFA CUP at around the same stage last season.

Ent really improved. Sadly, i dnt think you'll be able to attract BIG players, due to the league being all about the "big four", and when big players come around, they're first priority is the CHAMPO LEAGUE, but yeah, good luck for next season.
Actually, last season we finished 6th, this season we finished 5th. When I said about the improvement I was referring to the way we play, the amount of goals we've scored, good buys, and if you look at the last couple of seasons, we've been in the bottom half and in the top.
Just look at this for example and maybe you'll see my point;
02/03 - 7th.
03/04 - 17th.
04/05 - 4th.
05/06 - 11th.
06/07 - 6th.
07/08 - 5th.
This is the first time we've maintened in the UEFA cup for two seasons. I see that as an improvement, ok? That was our goal. Also, we've scored 55 goals this season, only one was a penalty. I see that as a good thing.
Where did I say we would attract BIG players? I said "good new" players, meaning players better than the likes of Neville and Hibbert. Like a new good winger, midfielder and now that Moyes has let Wessels go, we'll need better cover for a goalkeeper. Alot of players first priority might be the CL, but the UEFA is the next best thing, so if they cant get CL, they'll have to settle for the UEFA.
We're a good team and I do believe that we should not have gone out on penalties againest Fiorentina, I definetely think Howard needs to work on saving penalties better.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!