PDA

View Full Version : RE exam

Axel
14-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Did anyone do their RE exam this afternoon? If so, how do you think it went?

It seemed pretty easy to me, but then again I always think that even when I get Cs. I chose Good and Evil, Religion in Medicine or whatever it was called, Death and the Afterlife and Religion and Science. For the opinion questions I always wrote 'I don't believe in this because... however I resect that Christians believe...'. I want to get a B in this at least, I got an A in the mock exam.

Energizer
14-05-2008, 04:35 PM
i did crap, i missed out the majority of questions and the questions i did answer were just guesses. i couldn't care less what i get in r.e anyway, it's pointless.

benjamin
14-05-2008, 04:36 PM
lol i'm quite confident. i got a C in my mock, i didn't try and i drew mostly pictures lol.

Firehorse
14-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Are you in CCA by any chance?

I didn't do them, didn't even know about them until today

Minstrels
14-05-2008, 04:40 PM
I did mine today, I found it quite easy. My mate behind me just put 'Because Jesus said so' for all his answers, he doesn't see the point in RE, neither do I however you may as well get the half GCSE because you HAVE to do it. Atleast I know thats my RE over... FOR EVER. No more crap about the Qur'an or sex outside marriage and Jesus doing the conga in 0091BC! All over for ever and ever!

benjamin
14-05-2008, 04:40 PM
it was an OCR exam lol (if that's what you ment ;s)

&@above, is yours only half? i get a full gcse, i got another rpe exam though lol. but for one question on islam i didn't know what to put so i was like "muslims behave like this because if they didn't allah would frown upon them", oopz.

oh and again, how could jesus christ do the conga in 91BC? bc means before christ. so yeh.

dirrty
14-05-2008, 04:42 PM
mine went fine. im hoping to get a* overall in re so i hope i did alright. i should get a good grade though considering my coursework grades. i have my sikhism exam on monday then thats it.

benjamin
14-05-2008, 04:44 PM
wow yours is well diff, i didn't do any rpe coursework lol

Minstrels
14-05-2008, 04:44 PM
it was an OCR exam lol (if that's what you ment ;s)

&@above, is yours only half? i get a full gcse, i got another rpe exam though lol. but for one question on islam i didn't know what to put so i was like "muslims behave like this because if they didn't allah would frown upon them", oopz.

oh and again, how could jesus christ do the conga in 91BC? bc means before christ. so yeh.
Yeah, what year are you in...? I'm in year 10 and I can drop it now and choose PE, ICT (core) or RE and those two halfs would combine to make a full GCSE.

dirrty
14-05-2008, 04:48 PM
wow yours is well diff, i didn't do any rpe coursework lol
yhh i had 1 cw in year 10 and another in year 11. the year 10 1 was about sikhism and the year 11 1 was about racism (christian perspectives). our cw is worth 20 or 30%.

Immenseman
14-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Mines only half too, went alright 100% exam. I knew all the topics, without doing too much work in the 2 year course. Not bad at all really.

Bun
14-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Mine was AQA, was okay apart from on the last question it was either World Poverty or War and Peace, neither of which have we studied :eusa_wall, doesn't really matter though, all you do in r.e is blag 'ed.

benjamin
14-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Yeah, what year are you in...? I'm in year 10 and I can drop it now and choose PE, ICT (core) or RE and those two halfs would combine to make a full GCSE.
11, and i had to do full course rpe and ict, and pe we don't even have an exam lol.
then i got my 4 chosen subjects and english lang&lit, maths, and double sci. citizenship is another lesson we have and don't have an exam for, wth is the point? lmao.

JackBuddy
14-05-2008, 05:05 PM
i did crap, i missed out the majority of questions and the questions i did answer were just guesses. i couldn't care less what i get in r.e anyway, it's pointless.
proud E :D

Well I did a AQA Short course, it was pretty Easy but i mised 1 D question and rushed another D question :(

But hopefully i will get a A

Yoshimitsui
14-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Did mine this morning before everyone, and we where quarantined from everyone else lol.

And mine was edexcel i think :S

Inseriousity.
14-05-2008, 05:38 PM
I do Edexcel but I didn't do an RE one today because it was for the year 10 resits only (and current year 10s) and I got an A in my re exam. 1 mark off an A*... I hate that :(

Axel
14-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Mine was OCR.. half a GCSE. We got the option of full course but I just couldn't be bothered. 1 exam for half a GCSE isn't bad.

msb.
14-05-2008, 08:19 PM
I do Edexcel but I didn't do an RE one today because it was for the year 10 resits only (and current year 10s) and I got an A in my re exam. 1 mark off an A*... I hate that :(

Did mine this morning before everyone, and we where quarantined from everyone else lol.

And mine was edexcel i think :S
I had edexcel to, what does it mean :S? I finished like 1 hour early cuz I put like 2 line sentences, I DID REALLY rubbish

mine went fine. im hoping to get a* overall in re so i hope i did alright. i should get a good grade though considering my coursework grades. i have my sikhism exam on monday then thats it.
Goodluck

I did mine today, I found it quite easy. My mate behind me just put 'Because Jesus said so' for all his answers, he doesn't see the point in RE, neither do I however you may as well get the half GCSE because you HAVE to do it. Atleast I know thats my RE over... FOR EVER.

LOL if he/she gets an A* :P, I did rubbishhhh lol

Immenseman
14-05-2008, 08:20 PM
I didn't actually mind the exam, you can really get into it and express your views and opinions. For RE it's not a bad exam, out of the five or so i've done so far its been the nicest. :)

Wootzeh
14-05-2008, 08:25 PM
I did ****, the questions kept asking me the same stuff :S
Explain christian beliefs about sexism.
Explain Christian beliefs about equality. so I couldn't be bothered to keep writing the same things and just gave up.

Mitch4?
14-05-2008, 09:10 PM
ours is 100% exam,
50% in yr 10, then 50 in year 11.

i did my yr 11 today too, 10 questions, choose five of them - each worth 20, last 23.

last yr i got A* xo

Immenseman
14-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Anyway, good luck to everyone wish you all the best of success.

msb.
14-05-2008, 10:26 PM
I didn't actually mind the exam, you can really get into it and express your views and opinions. For RE it's not a bad exam, out of the five or so i've done so far its been the nicest. :)
I didn't mind it but the fact I never knew the answers, got me annoyed

I did ****, the questions kept asking me the same stuff :S
Explain christian beliefs about sexism.
Explain Christian beliefs about equality. so I couldn't be bothered to keep writing the same things and just gave up.
lol I am just dumb when it comes to r.e.

Anyway, good luck to everyone wish you all the best of success.
ta same 2 u but tbh I know I have probz failed, I did rubbish

splatttt
17-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Im doing mine on monday
im doing the other half to the one you did the other day i think :)
mines about social resposibility and all that lottt.

ehhh i got an A in the god & euthanasia and all that one :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!