PDA

View Full Version : Edexcel GCSE Mathematics (Non-Calculator) Tomorrow!

Hey Dudes!

Good Luck everyone who is Edexcel GCSE Maths tommorow, I hope you all archieve the grades you want; let it be from A*-E!

What tier are you guys doing am doing Higher and aiming for A-A*?

Thanks and Good Luck once again!

Amit
:8

Immenseman
18-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Good luck to you, i'm with aqa and doing higher paper. I'd like a B but i'll probably end up with a scraped C, maths really isn't my strong point. Hope all goes well! :D

benn!
18-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Good luck to you, i'm with aqa and doing higher paper. I'd like a B but i'll probably end up with a scraped C, maths really isn't my strong point. Hope all goes well! :D
i'm doing the aqa one, blates gunna fail.

Puma!
19-05-2008, 06:58 AM
yeah i have the edexcel one.

Looking to get a B/A/A* (if i'm really lucky!)

CHA!NGANG
19-05-2008, 10:16 AM
I just got back from doing the Higher. It was well easy! :D Aiming for 50/60 because I messed up the 6x question at the end, and the ones before it with Vectors, but I got the rest right! Wooooooooo :) How did you guys do?

Plank
19-05-2008, 10:35 AM
I done edexcel higher tier (the new 2 tier spec) and I thought it was easy. Only couldn't do one question but the rest went well.

Bun
19-05-2008, 11:10 AM
I done the Edexcel higher tier and it was fairly easy, apart from the vectors one :(. I've been ill all weekend though (i still am) so i've probably made some mistakes :(.

Throne Sofa
19-05-2008, 02:59 PM
I did foundation, was very easy should get 85-90% :)

Plank
19-05-2008, 03:02 PM
How did you prove that the two vectors were parallel? I'm not sure if I got that right. I also messed up with the last question because I didn't put the quadratics into brackets and then simplify it. Oh and apparently the grade boundaries are going to be higher than normal because so many people found it easy.

Immenseman
19-05-2008, 03:15 PM
I did the aqa higher, not that confident with it at all. Got a B in the mock but I think i'd be lucky if I scraped a C.

Mitch4?
19-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Thought the paper was real easy to be honest.
I got them pretty much all done,
only one i struggled on really was the proof of the vectors. i know why they are parrarel but i just can't put it into words..
last question as well, i went finished it, but put the wrong sign in and didnt notice until i held it up in the air to get it collected!!!
grr.
x + 3
-----
x - 5
it was. xoxo

Puma!
19-05-2008, 05:14 PM
i really think i screwed up on this one; everyone i know seemed to think it was 'proper easy'. I answered nearly every question but from what I have seen on hxf (and on other forums), my answers seem to be wrong.

*note* I am a perfectionist

OMG! The paper was really easy! I can't believe it LOL, I think it is because they took the intermidiate one out! I think I got A-A*, I made a few silly mistakes, probbley lost about 15-25marks, which can still get me an A* I think! I only realised the mistakes after the exam LOL :(, Like the surface area one and I missed this Cone and Cyinder one, There was this 2 cones question about scale factor I messed the Part B but by now changing the scale factor into a volume factor by X it by itself 3times LOL, But alot of it was easy and to get an "A" you can lose up to about 25Marks roughly I think, so its not bad LOl!

The vector parrell one, I shaded it in to prove it, It was a guess LOL!

Cheers

Amit

Keep the coments coming :)

Josh-H
19-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Seemed really easy. Might have got my 92% I need for an A* :D

Shinigami
19-05-2008, 07:31 PM
I did higher, I expected it to be much harder but generally it was quite easy. im in year 9 btw.

Mitch4?
19-05-2008, 07:35 PM
OMG! The paper was really easy! I can't believe it LOL, I think it is because they took the intermidiate one out! I think I got A-A*, I made a few silly mistakes, probbley lost about 15-25marks, which can still get me an A* I think! I only realised the mistakes after the exam LOL :(, Like the surface area one and I missed this Cone and Cyinder one, There was this 2 cones question about scale factor I messed the Part B but by now changing the scale factor into a volume factor by X it by itself 3times LOL, But alot of it was easy and to get an "A" you can lose up to about 25Marks roughly I think, so its not bad LOl!

The vector parrell one, I shaded it in to prove it, It was a guess LOL!

Cheers

Amit

Keep the coments coming :)

if the cones are similar but the radius has doubled. then every dimension has to double
so you multiplied it by 2 to the power 3, which is 8. (power 3 because of the three dimensional shape)

mat64
19-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Bah, wrong thread; I guess I should have read the title and realised it wasn't AQA.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!