PDA

View Full Version : GCSE Music Piano Performance (+REP)

Ashley
18-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Well we have our performance coursework coming up soon and I am going to be playing Praeludium II BWV 847 by Bach - (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTeJ0l6mEd4)

but a short while ago while practising I wondered if the piece itself would be "impressive" enough even though it's immensly hard and whether I should play Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven - (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQVeaIHWWck) instead.

I know that by playing either of these pieces I will get a very high grade, but I would like your opinions on which you think I should play.

+REP for all helpful comments.

benn!
18-05-2008, 09:32 PM
play the one you're best at.

there is a chance you could crack under pressure - i did (****** up on the very last note ://) so do the one you're best at, less chance of it happening. :]

Ashley
19-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks, I'll take that into consideration. +REP

Bevvie
19-05-2008, 03:39 PM
:] Hmm i like the second piece better.

But i think you should play the one your more confidence with. They are both impressive. Good luck with your performance.

play the one you're best at.

there is a chance you could crack under pressure - i did (****** up on the very last note ://) so do the one you're best at, less chance of it happening. :]

Haha that happened to me aswell. I messed up on the last note. Everything was perfect till near the end. :O

Ashley
07-06-2008, 05:08 PM
I done the performance on Friday and all went well, I got full marks.
I decided to do the Bach Prelude. :)

Coldplay
07-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Congrats!

:Edzy
07-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Well we have our performance coursework coming up soon and I am going to be playing Praeludium II BWV 847 by Bach - (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTeJ0l6mEd4)

but a short while ago while practising I wondered if the piece itself would be "impressive" enough even though it's immensly hard and whether I should play Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven - (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQVeaIHWWck) instead.

I know that by playing either of these pieces I will get a very high grade, but I would like your opinions on which you think I should play.

+REP for all helpful comments.

I'm not sure which you should do;

baroque pieces are hard to put emotion into and thats basically what the mark out of 10 is and i have no clue how much the difficulty out of 5 would be for the second one but i recon the baroque piece would be a 5. And if you play it well you only need 8/10 to get A* in performance. The second one i think is it romantic, is it? but yeahh, easier to show expression and emotion so it depends what your best at!

good luck!

Edit: ohh crap too late, well done anyway lol :D

Ashley
07-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks to both above comments. :)

Edzy, yeah Baroque is much harder, that's why I was shocked when they said I got full marks. The Beethoven piece is classical, not romantic by the way.

07-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Thanks to both above comments. :)

Edzy, yeah Baroque is much harder, that's why I was shocked when they said I got full marks. The Beethoven piece is classical, not romantic by the way.

sounds to me that you're a bit of a virtuoso if you managed to play that and get full marks ;)

i got 4 marks short of full marks but i do voice but yeahhhhh :)

course finished now :D

Ashley
07-06-2008, 09:10 PM
sounds to me that you're a bit of a virtuoso if you managed to play that and get full marks ;)

i got 4 marks short of full marks but i do voice but yeahhhhh :)

course finished now :D

Been playing for 9 years. :)

Kieran
07-06-2008, 09:11 PM
I love moonlight sonata and if played well it sounds amazing as it is quite a complex piece. I'm a fellow piano player myself who did GCSE music. For my coursework I stayed well away from classical and played a song by Enya, got me full marks! Wasn't even complex just had emotion and dynamics. Just play the one you can put most feeling into =)

07-06-2008, 09:15 PM
I love moonlight sonata and if played well it sounds amazing as it is quite a complex piece. I'm a fellow piano player myself who did GCSE music. For my coursework I stayed well away from classical and played a song by Enya, got me full marks! Wasn't even complex just had emotion and dynamics. Just play the one you can put most feeling into =)
Never even heard of Enya, what era was he/she?

Kieran
07-06-2008, 09:16 PM
As said, not classical. She is a modern musician.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KIpt_BIrIzM

Was the piece I played adapted to full piano

prada
07-06-2008, 10:41 PM
sounds good! wish i could play like that, i did keyboard lessons for abit was **** so i gave up lmao.

Fehm
15-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Personally, id play Praeludium II BWV 847 by Bach. Id do this because theres alot more musical techniques in there, and you can rerli show off. Moonlight sonata can be a bit boring as it is very popular amongst piano players.

Goodluck:) Im in the same boat as you! But im not doing Praeludium II. :P

Ashley
15-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Personally, id play Praeludium II BWV 847 by Bach. Id do this because theres alot more musical techniques in there, and you can rerli show off. Moonlight sonata can be a bit boring as it is very popular amongst piano players.

Goodluck:) Im in the same boat as you! But im not doing Praeludium II. :P

Read the rest of the thread... I done the actual performance quite a while ago now.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!