PDA

View Full Version : Edexcel Maths Paper 2008 (Calculator) - I'm DEAD!

Hey, Just come home from sitting my Edexcel Mathematics paper (Calcualtor) and am totally DEAD, am just worn out and tired and plus I have an English Exam tomorrow! How did you guys find it? I got stuck on the last question,the proportion one, histograms ( I just totally forgot how to do it) and I think there was this one where you had to prove that this algerbra fraction = 3x² something, I got it all but it was 3x² something and didn't add up to what it said on the paper but the rest was easy. I'm am abit worried about losing marks for my working out, I showed the best I could!

How did you guys find it and think of it.

I did Higher btw.

Amit

F32
02-06-2008, 03:19 PM
I know how you feel, exams are so exhausting.

dirrty
02-06-2008, 03:20 PM
i did foundation and wasnt that hard. some questions were like :S, but besides that, i hope/think ive done alright.

Jay.
02-06-2008, 03:22 PM
I did foundation, and i'm glad.

2 mark question - find an angle of a staight line.

That's how easy Foundation is. I have english tomorrow, but i have great tips i may post to do the exam. But i cba typing it all. (I might)

Good luck in your exams and btw 20st august exam results day, same day as my birthday.

If you don't mind, PM me your results? Becuase i'm inrested in results. (If that's ok with you) I'll tell you mine ;)

Do you do GCSE Sociology, or drama or music or media.. :)

Bun
02-06-2008, 03:24 PM

That's how easy Foundation is. I have english tomorrow, but i have great tips i may post to do the exam. But i cba typing it all. (I might)

Good luck in your exams and btw 20st august exam results day, same day as my birthday.

If you don't mind, PM me your results? Becuase i'm inrested in results. (If that's ok with you) I'll tell you mine ;)

my results day is the 21st! o.O

My results are 21st auguest too and U do GCSE Drama & Media lol

Mitch4?
02-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Hmm, i did it all except for the "Proove that (insert stuff here) is just like ax^2 + bx +c

i knew you had to cross multiply, but i didn't know you had to cross multiply both sides. Well i did know, just my mind went blank :(! Oh well What can ya do?

Oh i got stuck on one other question too, the upper bound of petrol. because when you divde, if the bound you have is rounded up, you will get a lower amount of petrol consumption than was the answer so idk :P
soz im talking jibberish

History + english tomorrow and i aint revised.
GOD THIS SUCKS :p

Jay.
02-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Pmsl, i've done my history. And my exam results on my birthday sucks ! :(

Coldplay
02-06-2008, 03:31 PM
I found that question hard, and the last two. That last question I've never covered? With the Tangent graph or w/e, What was the answer?

Mitch4?
02-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Last question i put 1.4 and 5
i think

5 cubed = 125 x 1.4 = 175, so thatworked out for y. And it was cubed cause the x axis was 3
YAY =]

Coldplay
02-06-2008, 03:36 PM
I see, I put 3 and 7, I guessed, I've never done it before so.

Gutted.

Mitch4?
02-06-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm pretty good at remebering all the questions, so if anyone has an enquiry about one just message me :D

Coldplay
02-06-2008, 03:50 PM
What about the one before it, I think it was a cosine question, had to figure out the angle.

Mitch4?
02-06-2008, 03:59 PM
I think it was about 75 degrees. not 100% though, haha.
cosine rules are really boring :)

Plank
02-06-2008, 04:00 PM
What about the one before it, I think it was a cosine question, had to figure out the angle.
yeah that was the cos rule.
plug all the sides into this formula: cosA = b^2 + c^2 - a ^2 / 2bc
then use cos-1 to find the angle.

splatttt
02-06-2008, 05:00 PM
thats what i did on the cos rule thing. I couldnt remeber how to rearage the formular at first but then i remeberd it was COSA =b^2 + c^2 - a^2 / 2bc

:D

Hmm.. the last question id never covered ever. i was blank.
I wasnt sure about solving the inequlaity either hmm...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!