PDA

View Full Version : Poll shows Mosley vote on knife edge

Mr.Sam
02-06-2008, 05:32 PM
The vote that will decide Max Mosley’s fate as FIA president is still too close to call, according to a poll carried out by a British newspaper on Monday.

Mosley faces a vote of confidence in his presidency at an extraordinary general meeting of the governing body’s general assembly tomorrow (Tuesday), which will determine whether he has a mandate to continue in office following lurid newspaper allegations about his private life in March.

And on the eve of the crunch vote in Paris, the Guardian reports it has polled 100 of the 222 FIA member clubs that make up the assembly.

The results showed that 37% wanted Mosley’s 15-year reign to come to an end, 25% would vote for him to remain in office, 9% said they were either undecided or not qualified to take part in the vote, while 29% would not comment.
The newspaper’s findings come after a weekend of further twists in the saga.

Mosley’s long-term friend and ally Bernie Ecclestone publicly stated for the first time that he thought the beleaguered FIA president should quit.

It was revealed last week that Mosley recently rejected leading clubs' recommendations that he agree to step down in November this year in exchange for calling off the vote.

F1 supremo Ecclestone has urged his friend to accept a compromise deal, rather than pursue his stated aim of staying on until the end of his term of office in October 2009.

"He feels that there is still important work to do at the FIA,” Ecclestone told the Daily Telegraph.

"But in my view there is a way to accomplish this and retire at the end of the year at the FIA general assembly in November.

"I would be happy to sit at his side to help him to achieve that."

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=42842&PO=42842

Titch
02-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Come on Mosley! He should stay in f1 as he culd help lead it to great things in my eyes.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!