PDA

View Full Version : DiDA Stress

:Edzy
07-06-2008, 08:46 PM
This course is so crap.

its coming up to the deadline for the 4th unit and i'm no where near finished due to the fact that the exam board doesnt help you at all when theyre suposed to and your teachers arent allowed to

basically we have to use the website (www.dida.edexcel.org (http://www.dida.edexcel.org)) and its crap

I don't know whether to settle for:

CiDA Plus at grade A (3 GCSEs at grade A)
Or DiDA at a lower grade (4 GCSEs at grade B lets say)

what would you prefer to have

i am doing 15 GCSEs all together and because the course is 100% coursework its on-going and the deadine is wednesday

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

i think theres a good reason why only 9 people in the whole school chose to do the fourth unit.

yeahh, i'd like to see your thoughts just to see whether you think i'm overreacting etc!

Regards,

Ed

The Professor
07-06-2008, 11:00 PM
We were going to do DiDA but chose the OCR National course instead because DiDA had such a low pass rate and was generally more tedious than the OCR course. I thought the OCR course was tedious, so I have no idea what DiDA must be like!

Loser
07-06-2008, 11:04 PM
Dida is a *****. It's such a relief when you finish it though.

Coldplay
07-06-2008, 11:32 PM
I think you should persivere =D

Pyroka
08-06-2008, 12:03 AM
DiDA has a low pass-rate? I was one of 3 people who got an A (close to an A* by 2 marks) in my class... Most people passed, so maybe people are just ******ed nowadays? I'd percievre (or w.e) because otherwise all the work youve done so far will go to waste. good luck!

Paulio
08-06-2008, 12:12 AM
I did it last year and I found it easy as hell lol. I'm thick as **** aswell.

stickwitu
08-06-2008, 04:29 PM
lol i actually liked doing that course
it was easy and we didn't really do THAT much, no exams or anything so it saved a lot of bother

me and my friend both got the highest mark in the class haha:eusa_danc

Immenseman
08-06-2008, 04:33 PM
I do the DiDA course at GCSE and my teacher said i'll be lucky with anything above an F (great motivation). I find it so boring, it's annoying though, teacher never helps and the course is too big. :(

Judge Judy
08-06-2008, 05:24 PM
I just did Unit 1 - 5 A Day - bit boring, liked doing the eportfolio :P Got a B few marks of an A which I'm happy about.

How come you didn't get any help - we were allowed a bit, I didn't like I got on with it (not being big headed)

Ewss
08-06-2008, 09:38 PM
I did unit 1 - 5 a day and got an A* for it and unit 3 i think wich was come to the fair and got an A.
I found them quite easy apart from they're boring
all the planning and stuff got confusing to
but i agree with other people, it would be waste of all the work you have done if you dont do it

JackBuddy
10-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Don't worry about it, everyone in my year had to do it when I was at secondary school. It's useless anyway, the college didn't even take note of that fact that I had the DiDA qualifications. Even if it was worth so many GCSE's it's not recognised or respected enough for you to benefit from it.

Bevvie
11-06-2008, 02:44 PM
I hate DIDA. Its rubbish and i won't need it anyway.
The teachers nags on about shiz. :rolleyes:
I am glad its over now.. i will probably get a C.

Plank
11-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Everyone complained about it at my school. But I spent like one weekend on it and got most of it finished like months before everyone else so I had a free lesson. It's easy there's just loads to do, but I prefer lots of easy work rather than not a lot of hard work. And even though it's equivalent to a GCSE it's not as respected, so basically a complete was of time.

Soy
16-06-2008, 06:53 PM
I took it, then i got dropped from it, my teacher wanted us to stay behind school i
didn't go and she dropped me from the subject, it seemed crap anyway as they were
using a really old version of DW and Flash anyway.

I took IT instead and iv'e had 100% on my coursework so far :D

Carlsta
17-06-2008, 08:29 PM
I done the DiDA 5 a day and the It's a small world..
Got a C i think in my 5 a Day
and It's a small world is like virtually done..

Josh-H
18-06-2008, 07:13 AM
Dida is horrible, they've messed me around so much.

YoManGo!
27-06-2008, 08:37 PM
i avoided dida stress by dropping it a week before the deadline :)

Carlsta
28-06-2008, 01:40 PM
im doing Multimedia now :D

:Edzy
02-07-2008, 09:24 PM
I've finally finished

A, B, A

and the last one has to be an A (crosses fingers)

i think i did really well with it because i worked really hard towards the end.

thanks for all your help guys its been great advice.

+REP to ya'll when i can

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!