PDA

View Full Version : GCSE'S - Science

msb.
15-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Well basically I have science exams next week :l

And well I always have failed @ science and now I really want to past.

I am doing foundation (obvs not very good lol) but I can't see me even getting the C.

Now I am going to revise today but...

How long is a good idea to revise with how many breaks?

I heard your meant to revise for like 20 minutes then take a break... is that true?

Geraint
15-06-2008, 11:51 AM
I've got all my science's this week.

I revise for an hour have a break then revise again.

AMERlCA...
15-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Well basically I have science exams next week :l

And well I always have failed @ science and now I really want to past.

I am doing foundation (obvs not very good lol) but I can't see me even getting the C.

Now I am going to revise today but...

How long is a good idea to revise with how many breaks?

I heard your meant to revise for like 20 minutes then take a break... is that true?

lol i got a GCSE science exam next week answell . what date is yours ?

msb.
15-06-2008, 11:52 AM
I've got all my science's this week.

I revise for an hour have a break then revise again.
next week you mean or have u had them? and year 10 1's?

lol i got a GCSE science exam next week answell . what date is yours ?
Next week, tuesday, wednesday and friday and you?

Hazza
15-06-2008, 11:56 AM
20 mins is correct, I think :) - I'm really bad with revising I don't do it and I know next year when it comes to my actual exams I've got to revise. I didn't revise for my science modules (1s and 2s) and I got two Cs with marks like 33/34 and 32/34 - So I don't know it just comes to me lol!

Good Luck with these exams though :)

Geraint
15-06-2008, 11:59 AM
next week you mean or have u had them? and year 10 1's?

Next week, tuesday, wednesday and friday and you?

I have them this week coming up. I'm in year 9 but I'm doing some of my GCSEs a year earlier. I have Biology on Tuesday, Chemistry on Wednesday and Physics on Friday.

msb.
15-06-2008, 12:02 PM
I have them this week coming up. I'm in year 9 but I'm doing some of my GCSEs a year earlier. I have Biology on Tuesday, Chemistry on Wednesday and Physics on Friday.
lol got the same dates and subjects as me :o, doesn't the whole country do the same days/subjects?

20 mins is correct, I think :) - I'm really bad with revising I don't do it and I know next year when it comes to my actual exams I've got to revise. I didn't revise for my science modules (1s and 2s) and I got two Cs with marks like 33/34 and 32/34 - So I don't know it just comes to me lol!

Good Luck with these exams though :)
Thanks and gosh I am going to need it LOL

Geraint
15-06-2008, 12:07 PM
lol got the same dates and subjects as me :o, doesn't the whole country do the same days/subjects?

Thanks and gosh I am going to need it LOL

Mainly, otherwise people could tell their friends the answers.

Alkaz
15-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Yes 20mins with a 10min break is the best way to learn, its what I have written in a revision guide whish i will post and sticky in the forum later. Try and do one or two topics each 20mins and do 2 sessions of 20mins a day untill your exam, repeat any your not sure off and you should be fine.

partie2
15-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Good luck with your exam :)

slam
15-06-2008, 03:03 PM
yeah 20 minutes is about right, don't leave it til the night before like i always do! procrastination is like my worst habit

Dippindonut1
15-06-2008, 07:58 PM
I have the science GCSE this Tuesday which I have revised almost everything but I'm almost certain as soon as I open that test paper I am going to go 'Oh my word!'.

I also have my GCSE Maths Statistics paper on Wednesday which I havn't revised for and which I will start doing on Monday.

msb.
15-06-2008, 08:43 PM
I have the science GCSE this Tuesday which I have revised almost everything but I'm almost certain as soon as I open that test paper I am going to go 'Oh my word!'.

I also have my GCSE Maths Statistics paper on Wednesday which I havn't revised for and which I will start doing on Monday.
cool. Goodluck

P.s. Been revising :o, (there is a sentence I thought I would never say)
Been kinda hard/okay :o

have u?

myke
15-06-2008, 08:47 PM
ohhh, I've had all four of mine. The next exam for me is next year, when I do additional -.-' I hate being a top band student. ;l

nnader
16-06-2008, 09:27 PM
ive finished all my GCSEs on frinday!!! 12 week hols, good luk to anyone who has some left, im sure ull all do well. have faith

Meanies
16-06-2008, 11:19 PM

woo stats :eusa_wall
we've only spent 1 hour a week after school since like november, and most of those have been cancelled. the ones we did go to we just ate :D

i've actually not revised for many of my exams. i've been to a few revision session things at school and read through a few sheets quickly before i went to school for the exam, done alright in all of them so far i think.

timROGERS
17-06-2008, 06:08 AM
I've got them this week as well, I'm just cramming it the night before and in the morning - when I do all the exams in Y11 I'm going to revise properly though :P

CHA!NGANG
17-06-2008, 01:53 PM
I had Biology today. It was easy apart from one question. Tomorrow is Chemistry and on Friday I have Core Science Re-takes. I always plan to do revision, but it never works and I always do it the morning before the exam and somehow if I skim something it just sticks in my head. Good Luck with the rest of your exams :)

Geraint
17-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Do you know when you think "This is going to be easy, here comes my A". Well, that's what happened today except I turned over the first page and I think everyone just went "OH FOR **** SAKE". The rest was easy but when you turn over your first page and it's you hardest question it doesn't exactly help your confidence.

timROGERS
17-06-2008, 06:21 PM
The first question was actually hard. The rest of the questions could be guessed with a bit of knowledge and some common sense, but for Q1 required that you knew some stuff :P Me and my mates were laughing at the rats question after. I reckon I did alright though.

msb.
17-06-2008, 06:42 PM
The first question was actually hard. The rest of the questions could be guessed with a bit of knowledge and some common sense, but for Q1 required that you knew some stuff :P Me and my mates were laughing at the rats question after. I reckon I did alright though.
Lol that 1, I did foundation 1 and by the sounds of it kinda ***** up :l
I revised, but all the things I revised never came up, but now I can try my best in chemistry (tomoz) and physics (fri) and hopefully they add them marks up.

Question: In double science, does that mean I can get 2 gcse,
e.g. on my record, it will come out with my grade I get (this year)
and the grade I get in year 11?

Britz
17-06-2008, 06:44 PM
I did all my GCSE exams last week... Now should i tell you what comes up.. Hmm :P Lol

timROGERS
17-06-2008, 06:45 PM
You can't have done these ones :P

msb.
17-06-2008, 06:57 PM
You can't have done these ones :P
not know the answer to my last q or yh?

Monitor
18-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Woo, i've just had my LAST EVER Science exam (Applied Science) and it was quite alot harder than yesterdays.. but I'll be happy with a C overall :P

msb.
18-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Woo, i've just had my LAST EVER Science exam (Applied Science) and it was quite alot harder than yesterdays.. but I'll be happy with a C overall :P
goodluck :)

I had chemistry today :S

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!