PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been to Japan?

Neversoft
16-06-2008, 07:10 PM
In a few years, me and my friend plan to travel to Japan and spend as much time as possible there. This isn't a fantasy, I'm not joking, this will happen! I am determined!

I was just wondering if anyone had been before, and if so, what was it like?

The culture is so different over there it must be like a different planet. I'm always hearing everyone over there is so polite it's almost unreal. That'll be a major change from England. If you've been to Japan, what was your experience like?

brandon
16-06-2008, 07:11 PM
I don't know but I'd love to go!!

Viruz
16-06-2008, 08:37 PM
My parents are expats so i had t live there for about 2 years its was really good, the hardest language ive had to learn. There was like 4 alphabets.
Culture was amazing i got by for the first month or so with just pictures of stuff on my phone. Worth going to.

AMERlCA...
16-06-2008, 08:43 PM
ive been to japan hehe :D

Euapoual
16-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Violence there atm is awful, you can be stabbed for any reason and even shot by police just for stealing a sweet, I wouldn't recommend you going, try new york or something.

Neversoft
16-06-2008, 10:29 PM
My parents are expats so i had t live there for about 2 years its was really good, the hardest language ive had to learn. There was like 4 alphabets.
Culture was amazing i got by for the first month or so with just pictures of stuff on my phone. Worth going to.

Lucky. :O Could you get by for about a month with only speaking a little of the language?

Violence there atm is awful, you can be stabbed for any reason and even shot by police just for stealing a sweet, I wouldn't recommend you going, try new york or something.

I'm pretty sure it's more awful in the UK. You hear about teenage gangs killing people every day on the English news. Crime in Japan is treated very strictly, that's a good thing. I'd rather go to Japan than New York.

Murder rates in Japan, Ireland and Iceland are among the lowest in the world, around 0.5; the rate of the United States is among the highest of developed countries, around 5.5 in 2004. ;)

Stepheen
16-06-2008, 10:41 PM
I actually do not see what the big deal over Japan is!

Abbie.
16-06-2008, 10:42 PM
im going with my best mate sometime lol

she used to live there, and her dad works as an english teacher there, and they can all talk japanesse lmao

Neversoft
16-06-2008, 10:43 PM
I actually do not see what the big deal over Japan is!

Because there isnt a big deal? I would just like to see how different Japan is to England.

Nemo
16-06-2008, 10:49 PM
thats so contridictary. How can violence be aweful if, you say, the police shoot you for stealin a sweet? Surely people wouldnt stab someone if they got shot for stealing a sweet...

id love to go japan :p

Viruz
17-06-2008, 11:28 AM
[quote=Neversoft;4828817]Lucky. :O Could you get by for about a month with only speaking a little of the language?

i found that yes you would, but tapes you listen to are the best thing along with having to speak the language and stuff. Just dont get lost also crime is very strict but you wont get shot for stealing a sweet

ZL2IRISH
17-06-2008, 01:39 PM
In a few years, me and my friend plan to travel to Japan and spend as much time as possible there. This isn't a fantasy, I'm not joking, this will happen! I am determined!

I was just wondering if anyone had been before, and if so, what was it like?

The culture is so different over there it must be like a different planet. I'm always hearing everyone over there is so polite it's almost unreal. That'll be a major change from England. If you've been to Japan, what was your experience like?
lol, no i dont wanna go, they're freaks, the things those freaks get up to is shockin!

Evescence
17-06-2008, 02:46 PM
I want to go.

clarissa !!
17-06-2008, 02:50 PM
just dont steal any sweets and you'll be fine

yeah looks good, its somewhere i'd like to visit sometime.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!