PDA

View Full Version : Ballack to leave Chelsea?

lPinoy
22-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack has hinted that he may see out his footballing career at Stamford Bridge.

The 31-year-old, who joined the Blues from Bayern Munich on a free transfer in 2006, has one year remaining on his current contract.

Ballack initially struggled in South West London, but enjoyed something of a revival during the latter stages of last season, demonstrating impressive form following a return to fitness.

Years
And the Germany international, currently at Euro 2008, has revealed that Chelsea could be his last club as a professional footballer.

"I can imagine it (ending his career with Chelsea). I will be 32 in September and still want to play two or three more years at this level," he told Welt.

"What comes next remains to be seen."

America
Ballack went on to explain that he currently has no plans of to follow the likes of LA Galaxy midfielder David Beckham in seeking a move to play in the United States.

"The step (to America) has rarely any sporting motivation - it is more a matter of quality of life, but I am not currently thinking about this," Ballack added.

Ooer. :P

Discuss.

EDIT: Sorry, the title was supposed to be 'Ballack to retire'.

brandon
22-06-2008, 08:39 PM
What :S He's hinting that he may see his career out at Chelsea and your thread title is Ballack to leave Chelsea? I don't get it.....

Janczyk
22-06-2008, 08:43 PM
I was about the say that Brandon - this thread makes no sense.

lPinoy
22-06-2008, 08:46 PM
ooer, my mistake.

didn't read it properly.

ebay
22-06-2008, 09:13 PM
He better not leave becuase i bought the new shirt with Ballack 13 on the back.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!