PDA

View Full Version : Definitely got my options ^^!

PriceTags
25-06-2008, 05:38 PM
We all got our option sheet back today, and I was one of the few who got the ones I wanted.

As I said, I got History, Business and Spanish, so I'm chuffed, plus I had stuff to say in the other thread, but Alkaz closed it :(.

Alexicles.
25-06-2008, 06:05 PM
I got mine back too. :D

I got all mine: German, Music, Drama and PB (Philosophy+Beleif)

VPSwow
25-06-2008, 06:11 PM
I did drama and business and for the language french in high school. I think you will enjoy business i certainly did, it may have changed now though.

Jordy
25-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Is this for GCSEs next year? Didn't know we get ours back but come to think of it, we must :P

I'll probably get on the courses I want otherwise I wouldn't of picked them (Fast-track IT, History & Geography) but I'll still be a little cautious opening the letter.

PriceTags
26-06-2008, 08:22 PM
I got mine back too. :D

I got all mine: German, Music, Drama and PB (Philosophy+Beleif)

Great! Good luck with all of those ;D!

I did drama and business and for the language french in high school. I think you will enjoy business i certainly did, it may have changed now though.

I hope it's good stuff. I hear stories of it being boring, but I don't mind a bit of work.

Is this for GCSEs next year? Didn't know we get ours back but come to think of it, we must :P

I'll probably get on the courses I want otherwise I wouldn't of picked them (Fast-track IT, History & Geography) but I'll still be a little cautious opening the letter.

Yep ^^! We're doing ICT OCR National - it's TOO easy! Which history course are you doing?

Eamonn
29-06-2008, 08:59 PM
and I was one of the few who got the ones I wanted.

your school must suck :$ with only a few people getting their choosen options. srsly gcses = future, if your school isn't going to allow people to do the ones they want, it's really really bad.

Holofoil
29-06-2008, 09:06 PM
In my school options are handed in especially early, and some freakishly clever maths teacher manages to create a timetable which allows every single pupil to have what they want. But there's only about 80 kids in the year, since it's a tiny grammar school.

PriceTags
30-06-2008, 06:43 PM
your school must suck :$ with only a few people getting their choosen options. srsly gcses = future, if your school isn't going to allow people to do the ones they want, it's really really bad.

The main thing was people choosing out of the third column, which was only for people on the advanced pathway (top set Language/Humanities), then moaning they only got two.

But what I don't get is that some girl got Health and Social (worth 2), then two others, when everyone else just got Health and Social.

In my school options are handed in especially early, and some freakishly clever maths teacher manages to create a timetable which allows every single pupil to have what they want. But there's only about 80 kids in the year, since it's a tiny grammar school.

Ooh get you :P.

PriceTags
02-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Update on this: I put down to do Graphic Products instead of Design and Technology, and the person in charge of timetabling has said people who could do three options can't do that.

Considering a large majority of people who wanted to do that, or Music Technology were allowed to do three, I just think someone doesn't want to do the course. I really hate Design & Technology. And we all understood it as being something to do in the D&T time slot, instead.

So now I'm considering dropping History for it - there's no point in me getting a low grade in something, which will just cause me disappointment, when I could get a much better grade in something else, even if it does mean getting one less GCSE. Well that's unless a number of outraged phone calls don't sort it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!