PDA

View Full Version : COME ON ANDY

whoooosh
30-06-2008, 06:53 PM
hes got to do this !

Immenseman
30-06-2008, 08:04 PM
I never really watch tennis but i'm gripped :O! They keep saying it might be stopped because of lack of sunlight, if it's stopped when will the rest be and do they continue with the current score? help plz +rep from me.

Zehro
30-06-2008, 08:10 PM
I never really watch tennis but i'm gripped :O! They keep saying it might be stopped because of lack of sunlight, if it's stopped when will the rest be and do they continue with the current score? help plz +rep from me.

If it's stopped, it'll be carried on tomorrow first match of the day. And yes, it'll be the same score as when play stops, if that happens.

Hope that helps.

Immenseman
30-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Okay, I see - thanks +rep :D

kk.
30-06-2008, 08:15 PM
we dont want them to stop though :) the french player wants to stop because he's now losing it and is tired. In my opinion, no game should stop because it doesn't really test the whole package of a player.

Zehro
30-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Okay, I see - thanks +rep :D

Thanks, I would return but I have to spread.

Kardan
30-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Two sets all, 5 - 3 on final set...

Come on Murray :D

luce
30-06-2008, 08:25 PM

Yeah curent score

and i never watch tennis i play for school becuase i have to but then i am gripped also becuase its amazing! i always watch the last week of wimbeldon.. its nearly as good as footbal.. Well not quite :P

Kardan
30-06-2008, 08:28 PM
He had match point :(

5 - 4

luce
30-06-2008, 08:29 PM
This is now to much for me to take :|

Lool

Can i just say the crowd have been amazing for andy :)

WATTTTTTA WIN!

Janczyk
30-06-2008, 08:29 PM
I don't want him to win because he classes himself as Scottish, not British - he even said that he's not British so yeah, that's why.

But I do want him to win because he's the closest to an English champion we're ever going to get.

Kardan
30-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Match Point!
He's through!

He faces Nadal - Number 2 in the world in the QFs!

Zehro
30-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Murray Wins 5/7, 3/6, 7/6, 6/2, 6/4

Frodo13.
30-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Good match :)

Zehro
30-06-2008, 08:32 PM
I don't want him to win because he classes himself as Scottish, not British - he even said that he's not British so yeah, that's why.

But I do want him to win because he's the closest to an English champion we're ever going to get.

I class myself as English not British

DaveTaylor
30-06-2008, 08:37 PM
What a win! come on andy!

Janczyk
30-06-2008, 08:38 PM
I class myself as English not British
So do I - but that's like saying alright everyone support the Australian's because they were under the British Empire.

I don't see why English people are getting excited to be fair.

Paulio
30-06-2008, 08:45 PM
That is the best game of tennis I've seen.

Yum999
30-06-2008, 08:46 PM
So do I - but that's like saying alright everyone support the Australian's because they were under the British Empire.

I don't see why English people are getting excited to be fair.

Because whether he likes it or not, he's British, and if we have to pressgang him into being successful for Britain, then so be it :P

Brilliant match, great comeback from two sets down.

Geraint
30-06-2008, 08:46 PM
I've never really liked Andy Murray. I prefer Tim Henman and his brother, Jamie.

omgitslily
30-06-2008, 08:50 PM
i wish i'd watched it now.

he faces nadal!?

he has no chance. nadal is well good.

Kardan
30-06-2008, 08:51 PM
i wish i'd watched it now.

he faces nadal!?

he has no chance. nadal is well good.

The dude he just face was seeded 8th? I think he's up against the odds - but we never know :)

Federer will still win it in my opinion :)

Janczyk
30-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Because whether he likes it or not, he's British, and if we have to pressgang him into being successful for Britain, then so be it :P
He's not successful for Britain - he's successful for Scotland - he even said that!

Geraint
30-06-2008, 09:04 PM
He's not successful for Britain - he's successful for Scotland - he even said that!

Good, I agree with him. When England win something it's a success for England but when Wales and Scotland win something it's a success for Britain. You've probably heard of Welsh not British and that is what it means.

Janczyk
30-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Good, I agree with him. When England win something it's a success for England but when Wales and Scotland win something it's a success for Britain. You've probably heard of Welsh not British and that is what it means.
Your Welsh, I'm English - unfortunately we're both British but Wales win for Wales and England wins for England.

Geraint
30-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Your Welsh, I'm English - unfortunately we're both British but Wales win for Wales and England wins for England.

Unfortunately, the media portray the Welsh as British and the English as English.

Yum999
30-06-2008, 09:17 PM
I'd like to settle this argument, without going too off topic, with an excerpt from Wikipedia - let's not query that source!

National identity

Murray identifies himself as "Scottish, but also British".[4][5] Prior to Wimbledon 2006, Murray caused some public debate[17] when he stated that he would like to see "anyone except England" win the 2006 World Cup. He received large amounts of hate mail on his website as a result.[18] Murray subsequently explained that his comments were said in jest in response to provocation from an English reporter who had asked if Murray would be supporting Scotland in the World Cup.[19] The reporter had asked the question in the knowledge that Scotland had not qualified for the tournament. Murray protested that he is "not anti-English and never was"[4] and he expressed disappointment over England's elimination from the 2006 World Cup by Portugal.[20]

In an interview with Gabby Logan for the BBC's Inside Sport programme, Andy said that he was both Scottish and British and was comfortable and happy with his British identity.[21] He said he saw no conflict between the two and was equally proud of them. He tried to appeal to English people to be more supportive of him before Wimbledon 2008 by pointing out that he is 1/4 English, his coach is English and that his girlfriend is English.

Janczyk
30-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Wikipedia is openly editable - Murray recently said he'd win it for Scotland as he's not British.

StefanCampbell
30-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Fgs he lives in Scotland so he's British no matter what, therefor if he wins it, it's a success for BRITAIN - Wales Scotland England And N Ireland.

End of.

U can debate all you want, but that's the facts, face it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!