PDA

View Full Version : Can I do well at AS-Level Geography without GCSE Geography?

Hey,

Simple question im stuck deciding between AS-Level Geography or Sociology, But I didn't do GCSE Geography so would I be better doing AS-Level Sociology then AS-Level Geography, the college said I don't need GCSE Geography but If I did have it, it would help.
I have always had an interest in Geography and now regret not taking it in YR-9 http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/frown.gif!

What should I do then?

Thanks

Amit

Virgin Mary
01-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Yeah my friends who do it say they go over all the stuff from GCSE you need to know as you go along.

Eamonn
01-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Yeah my friends who do it say they go over all the stuff from GCSE you need to know as you go along.

i think it helps with most subjects at a-level if you took them for GCSE, but i suppose if you think you could manage/catch up go for it, although I would advise not to do sociology, i took it for GCSE and it's the more boring subject ever.

Cwmbran
01-07-2008, 11:17 PM
My girlfriend at the time took AS Geography, and she took it during GCSE aswell and really enjoyed it. After taking it at AS she regrets it she said that she didn't find it hard but was a waste of time and did not enjoy it.

I know for a fact that you will need GCSE Geography to even understand some of the stuff they talk about at AS.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!