PDA

View Full Version : tennis racket upgrade..

cocaine
07-07-2008, 08:47 PM
hey, for my birthday next week I'm thinking of getting a new tennis racket.

I got a babolat pure drive last year for my birthday:http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/big/BPD2S-big.jpg

I am thinking about getting the aeropro drive, mainly because I've seen lots of reviews about it and it seems better than the one i have now - and also because the pure drive has more power than control, whereas i want control over power :P:http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/big/BAPDC-big.jpg

thoughts?

Stephen!
07-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Does getting a new racket really improve your shots? I mean, i find it hard to believe that having a better racket will make you play better..

But anyway. I think the one you currently have looks better, but if you have read reviews that the one you want pwns, then you should get it. Kinda looks like Nadal's

cocaine
07-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Does getting a new racket really improve your shots? I mean, i find it hard to believe that having a better racket will make you play better..

But anyway. I think the one you currently have looks better, but if you have read reviews that the one you want pwns, then you should get it. Kinda looks like Nadal's

it can improve it, tighter strings mean more control over your shots which is exactly what i want :P

Stephen08
07-07-2008, 09:05 PM

It is the one Nadal uses :P.

Stephen!
07-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Oh i See... In that case.. get it! :P

I had a Tim Henman one..

cocaine
07-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Oh i See... In that case.. get it! :P

I had a Tim Henman one..

Slazenger? :P

Stephen!
07-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Yeah. I got it with that robinsons fruit drink promotion.

lPinoy
08-07-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm not really fussy about tennis rackets but for the sake of your improvement, i advise you to get it :)

Nereo
08-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Looks suspiciously like Nadals one :P

cocaine
08-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Looks suspiciously like Nadals one :P

it is nadals lmao.

lPinoy
08-07-2008, 10:19 PM
I'd like to ask - how much is it?

Looks pretty good & I want to practise in my local park.

Tristan
08-07-2008, 11:12 PM

Do you have a pwp store near you?
It's RRP: £159.99

I'm really inclined and wanting to buy the racket now.
I'm in need of a new one.

EDIT: Although that uses Cortex technology.
One without Cortex is £100

cocaine
09-07-2008, 11:06 AM

£135 but i play for my school and for a local club :8

Do you have a pwp store near you?
It's RRP: £159.99

I'm really inclined and wanting to buy the racket now.
I'm in need of a new one.

EDIT: Although that uses Cortex technology.
One without Cortex is £100

I have cortex on my pure drive (blue one I have now) - it makes all the difference. I found a shock absorber in one of the school courts on Saturday, I put it on and now I can't feel a thing when I hit the ball :P

Tristan
09-07-2008, 11:11 AM
£135 but i play for my school and for a local club :8

I have cortex on my pure drive (blue one I have now) - it makes all the difference. I found a shock absorber in one of the school courts on Saturday, I put it on and now I can't feel a thing when I hit the ball :P

Yeah.
Isn't cortex used to prevent vibrations that cause Tennis Elbow? If so... Is a shock dampener thing needed, because doesn't the Cortex do it instead?

I really want to buy it but it does cost quite a lot... :(

cocaine
09-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Yeah.
Isn't cortex used to prevent vibrations that cause Tennis Elbow? If so... Is a shock dampener thing needed, because doesn't the Cortex do it instead?

I really want to buy it but it does cost quite a lot... :(

the cortex filters out most of the vibrations, with a shock absorber (or damper, same thing) it'll help stop all of them :D

Tristan
09-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Wow, lol.
kl.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!