PDA

View Full Version : GCSE's - What lessons have you taken?

Fingerboots
30-08-2004, 12:39 PM
I am just interested to know how many GCSE's you are allowed to take in other schools. Here going into year 10 you have 4 of your choice, and then the compulsory RE, Science, Maths and English.
So what have you taken?
:eusa_danc

jamie5k
30-08-2004, 12:54 PM
i think in my school its 4 u can chaoice i choose gnvq ict it takes to of your chooses up as u can get 4 gcses in it and i choose geography and we had to choose a dt lesson as well which i hate so much im quitting it :P im going to yr 11 last yr ye lol cant wait till i leave sckool.

Pixel
30-08-2004, 01:12 PM
i have 2 take science english maths dt it and french and i picked history and media

lauralol
30-08-2004, 01:23 PM
I'm only just going into Year 9 so I haven't chosen yet but I will be later on in the year.

When do you actually choose them, because I know we have the Yr 9 SATs at the end of the year, so do we choose them in the middle of the year? :eusa_eh:

EdwardTine
30-08-2004, 02:43 PM
In my school you're suppose to of chosen them by now lol.

Jacko2kn3
30-08-2004, 08:57 PM
Double award science ( do biology chemistry physics )
English + English Lit
Maths (higher paper in all of them *mutters*)
GNVQ Business Studies (2 options)
Applied ICT (1 option, plus i have the chance to finish the full course halfway through Year 10)
History (its pointless i know, but the teachers rock, plus theres an amazing history trip :P)

x!candi!x
31-08-2004, 01:22 PM
i havnt done on yet

EdwardTine
31-08-2004, 03:44 PM
I am doing...

Double Science Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
Leisure and Tourism.
Art.
English and English Literature.
Geography
Intermediate Maths to be on the safe side
French.

Fingerboots
02-09-2004, 09:41 PM
I am doing
The Doulble Science Award
English
Maths
R.E
And my chosen ones are (Crazy! So much coursework)
ICT
Business Studies
German
Drama

I'm only just going into Year 9 so I haven't chosen yet but I will be later on in the year.

When do you actually choose them, because I know we have the Yr 9 SATs at the end of the year, so do we choose them in the middle of the year?
I think our school chose them coming up to the end of the year. Whether or not you have your SAT's results then I don't know. xD

lauralol
04-09-2004, 04:59 PM
:o Update Update...

Now that I've got into Yr 9, I am being fasttracked in PE to do my GCSE 1 year early! I don't know why they chose ME! I hate PE, Im really bad at it, and I hardly ever do it :s But there you go, so that's er.. 1 of my choices I suppose.

Fingerboots
11-09-2004, 10:51 PM
Haha! I got chosen fast track for Biology but I didn't doo it xD

Da-Weasel
11-09-2004, 10:52 PM
nufin!!
in portugal we dont have gcse´s!!
:p
*freedom*

Fingerboots
12-09-2004, 09:45 PM
=o
Really?! Don't you have any form of tests though coming up to your end years? O.o

Spectate
20-09-2004, 05:31 PM
There was English Literature
English Language
Maths and
Science (dual award)
as compulsaries and I took,
Business Studies,
History,
and ICT.

ted-crilley
20-09-2004, 08:32 PM
I have my final applied business studies exam in january

Fingerboots
20-09-2004, 09:06 PM
I have my final applied business studies exam in january
Good luck on that! Only my first year on it for me and it is quite hard..

ted-crilley
21-09-2004, 03:43 PM
are you doing applied or single business studies?

ps thanks :)

Concentric
21-09-2004, 04:33 PM
compulsory are maths english french and a short course in IT and RS.
then i chose double award science so then i had three other options that i could choose so i did history DT and Art :)

jinxii
26-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Lucky devils...you have to do the two English, one Maths and two Science at my school. You also have to do a language. I'm taking German. You also have to do an Art. I'm taking Drama. You have to take a humanity. I'm taking History. You have to take an additional GCSE of your choice. I'm taking Business Studies. You have to take a technology, I'm taking resistant materials, but that's only a half, but I'm also taking compulsary citizenship half GCSE. I also go after school on Mondays to learn Italian, where I will be sitting the full GCSE exam in May, so in total I am taking eleven. :S

:Sound
28-09-2004, 12:22 PM
My compulsary subjects are English Maths and I'm doing Dual Science and R.E (I have no idea why it is compulsary, but I chose Half R.E with Citizenship). I chose Business, Law , P.E and I was made by my HeadTeacher to do French :@

Fingerboots
01-10-2004, 09:37 AM
are you doing applied or single business studies?

ps thanks :)
I'm doing applied business studies.
:P

Wongbatdan
02-10-2004, 07:51 AM
Im in yr 12 now, AS-levels :)

Revis
30-10-2004, 12:09 PM
We have to take:
English
Science (double)
MAths
R.E Half Course
PHSE/Citizenship Half Course
Buisness/Entraprize Half Course

We dont have to take any food or textiles as the building we used for that has been demolished over half term.

Ill proberly take
ICT (Forced to by my ICT teacher, apparently im outstanding for my age)
Graphics (See other alts why....)
History

PumpkinPeta
30-10-2004, 11:04 PM
Hi im going into year nine and this is what im doing

english year 9
english year 10
science
maths
p.e
legal studies
money and tax
sport-year 9
textiles
tech studies
food and nutrition
Its a lot though in year 10 i wont to do units 1 and 2 english:) and im not that smart so i have to try really hard lol :eusa_ange

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!