PDA

View Full Version : Ferguson says Ronaldo IS staying

Immenseman
18-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Breaking news on BBC sport, they met in Lisbon last week and discussed it.. full story here:

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted Cristiano Ronaldo will be at Old Trafford next season and will not be joining Real Madrid.
Ferguson confirmed he met Ronaldo, 23, in Lisbon last week following much speculation about the winger's future.
"The meeting went well - I think we both put across our points of view - where we stand and where the player stands," explained Ferguson.
"I can say he'll be a Manchester United player next season. He won't be sold."
United will hope that Ferguson's comments at a press conference in South Africa will put an end to rumours linking Ronaldo with a switch to the Spanish champions.

Tristan
18-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Said from the start that he'd stay.

Immenseman
18-07-2008, 04:03 PM
sam, you thought he was leaving secretly.

Janczyk
18-07-2008, 05:03 PM
He'll be gone next season (L)

Browney
18-07-2008, 05:08 PM
To Doncaster Rovers obviously.

JackBuddy
18-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Glad he is staying, but only because he wants to leave.

Janczyk
18-07-2008, 05:52 PM
To Doncaster Rovers obviously.
Free transfer.

Hey, you heard we're trialling the assistant manager of Scotland?! Good stuff.

Tristan
18-07-2008, 06:53 PM
sam, you thought he was leaving secretly.

no, lol.

I got worried but I knew he'd stay in the end. :P

JackBuddy
18-07-2008, 08:05 PM
no, lol.

I got worried but I knew he'd stay in the end. :P
why the hell does nani play for portugal!? He's not even from there!

Browney
18-07-2008, 08:24 PM

He was born on a tiny little island but he moved to Lisbon when he was younger and he's lived in Portugal long enough to qualify for Portugal.

and Nani plays with Ronaldo in the portugese national team which cleverly ties into the thread which keeps me on-topic. ;)

JackBuddy
18-07-2008, 09:10 PM
He was born on a tiny little island but he moved to Lisbon when he was younger and he's lived in Portugal long enough to qualify for Portugal.

and Nani plays with Ronaldo in the portugese national team which cleverly ties into the thread which keeps me on-topic. ;)
you mean cape verde?

Browney
18-07-2008, 09:16 PM
you mean cape verde?

Praia in Cape Verde I think, not quite sure haha.

JackBuddy
18-07-2008, 09:26 PM
yeah probs, I went there last year and they were talking about how annoyed they were at him playing for Portugal lol

luce
18-07-2008, 10:00 PM
So what we will have him for one more season becase the question is when not if he will go, he will be out for the first two months of the season becuase he has had an ankle operation. And he could have gone and been injured for 100m somewhere else where his values will drop dramatically becuase it will be one year left on his contract. So we have lost out there!

Tristan
18-07-2008, 10:42 PM
omg so, lol. :P
He moved when he was really young tho.

you mean cape verde?

Praia in Cape Verde I think, not quite sure haha.

yeah probs, I went there last year and they were talking about how annoyed they were at him playing for Portugal lol
Yeah, it is Praia, Cape Verde. :)

(I'm beta testing Football Manager Live and my stadium name is named Camp Praia after it, haha. lol :P)

But it's kinda like Manuel Almunia's immediate citizenship request thing for England when he said that he'd be willing to play for England.

Leicester
18-07-2008, 11:08 PM
They should of sold Ronaldo and brought a few world class players, youngsters.

Loser
19-07-2008, 12:13 AM
If Real's offer was anything like what was reported, Man Utd should have taken it.

Loser
19-07-2008, 12:13 AM
If Real's offer was anything like what was reported, Man Utd should have taken it.

Loser
19-07-2008, 12:14 AM

EDIT: A product of awful lag.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!