PDA

View Full Version : Recycling!

partie2
18-07-2008, 03:36 PM
What are your views on recycling? Do you recycle? Do you think that we should be fined for not recycling?

What are your views on recycling? :)

ToxicPaddy
18-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Fined for not recycling, that sounds like a good idea :) We recycle at our home a lot. Maybe an idea is that if you recycle the government cuts 5p of your tax for every kg of (item) recycled. I know it doesn't sound much but it builds up, just an idea.

Technologic
18-07-2008, 04:18 PM
We recycle everything that can be recycled, our local council has a recycling collection service so its all good

Janczyk
18-07-2008, 06:30 PM
You do get fined if you don't recycle...

Anyway, I do recycle but I don't really want to because what difference is 1 country out of 256 going to do?

ToxicPaddy
18-07-2008, 06:56 PM
You do get fined if you don't recycle...

Anyway, I do recycle but I don't really want to because what difference is 1 country out of 256 going to do?

Everyone says that. But if people stop thinking like that, and do do something, then it will make a difference :)

bo$$
18-07-2008, 06:58 PM
If I'm walking down the street with something and I see a garbage

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/42/Toronto_tripartite_rubbish_bin,_May_2006.jpg/796px-Toronto_tripartite_rubbish_bin,_May_2006.jpg

then i'll put it in the appropriate space.. but I don't have anything extra at my house for recycling stuff so usually it all ends up in the garbage.
I do think that people should recycle though..

Herman
18-07-2008, 08:00 PM
I only recycle paper at home. I compile all used paper in a corner of the house and then make a trip downstairs where the recycling bins when I have a full stack.

As for everything else at home, it usually ends up in the bin. We should recycle, however. Resources are limited and the amount of rubbish produced each day will continue to pile up.

JackBuddy
18-07-2008, 09:17 PM
I think the problem lies within the factories and supermarkets who add ridiculous and unnecessary amount of packaging to products.

Nemo
20-07-2008, 09:58 PM
i recycle if i can, dont go out of my way for it though

flatface
21-07-2008, 04:59 PM

Yeh, thats me aswell :P

Nuka-Cola
14-08-2008, 11:17 AM
me and my family used to recycle everything we could but the recycle people always use to just pass our box and not empty it and we had to phone up the council to collect it the next day so we just gave up .. wasnt worth the effort

GommeInc
14-08-2008, 05:10 PM
My area does so we do too.

Glass bottles, plastics, cardboard and aluminium cans get collected :) We burn alot of stuff though, we're naughty :P

tdi
17-08-2008, 08:45 PM
how many times do you want to say 'recycle' in one post?

Markness.
18-08-2008, 08:55 PM
In the home, not so much. But my work is very good when it comes to recycling, they took away our desk bins :o

Loqo
19-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Exact same with me. We recycle alot of paper in our school. We have recycle bins everywhere.

Misawa
21-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Well I have recycling bins at my house so I just use them. Other than that, I do not go out of my way to recycle. Also, hidden cameras have documented that a hell of a lot of "recycled waste" is actually dumped on landfills.

fatt
24-08-2008, 05:30 PM
You have all destroyed the world. God isn't happy. There's no stopping him now tbh.

Misawa
24-08-2008, 07:33 PM
I can't wait until you're banned.

Throne Sofa
30-08-2008, 01:25 AM
What are your views on recycling? Do you recycle? Do you think that we should be fined for not recycling?

Well you can't really starting fining people for not recycling. The governemnt should encourage recycling more...

Why2u
30-08-2008, 08:52 PM
I think it's good. But... Like 1 out of 50000 people recycle in the world. So even if you're one of those people, it's not going to be enough to save the world. So there's really no point. :(

Supersam
31-08-2008, 11:21 PM
I always recyle and next year im going to campaign for my college to do something about it.

Last year the college's only recyling was done by one girl (my friend in the year above) who actually bought boxes for people to put things in and at the end of each week went and recycled it all herself.

I think its ridiculous that the college did nothing.

And whats worse is our council limits what you can recyle (such as no cardboard) so that we HAVE to throw some recylable material away because the nearest place we could recyle is WAY out the way so it would waste too much petrol to take it there. So that would only increase our carbon footprint.

Hazza
31-08-2008, 11:29 PM
We have 3 different bins (food/garden waste, recyc, and non recyc.)and you get fined for not doing it.

jaymonds
02-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Yes of course, will advice you to go for leading recycling companies to phone recycle (http://www.fonebank.com/recycle_mobile_phone.aspx), who paid the cash without arrears.

Lisabel
02-09-2008, 01:22 PM
I recycle. The amount of actual rubbish we throw out is great. About one bag a week. And because we do online shopping, when the asda man comes we give him the bags back :D

red.neon
04-09-2008, 07:30 PM
I think everyone should recycle! Take a look at the Germans, they are big recyclers I think. Recycling is the way forward :)

stephen008
05-09-2008, 05:22 PM
My mum makes me recycle all the time and has ago at me if I put something in the wrong bin

camera
05-09-2008, 07:24 PM
recycling is good but you shdnt force a person to recycle. it would be good if they did tho.

its hard not to recycle in singapore. the recycling bins are EVERYWHERE.
they spray painted on some to encourage recycling. its really cool coz they grafitti on them are done by the public, mostly students.

alexxxxx
06-09-2008, 08:07 PM
My family recycles pretty much everything we can.

Zak
13-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Should be your own decision if you recycle or not, you should not be fined for it though.

luce
13-09-2008, 10:01 PM
i think it's so imprtant and i do it as much as i can living on an islan with limited land fill and no other way to dispose of waste we all seen the need to use it first hand :)!

partie2
14-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Its well good to see that some many people recycle and are aware of the reasons for why recycling is so important.

tdi
14-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Its well good to see that some many people recycle and are aware of the reasons for why recycling is so important.
i don't think you care, lol.

partie2
16-09-2008, 03:22 PM
i don't think you care, lol.

What makes you think that? lol :S any reason?

wolfsburg
16-09-2008, 05:00 PM
because no-one cares about recycling. :P

GommeInc
18-09-2008, 06:07 PM
I think it's easier to recycle than to chuck everything in one big bag. Less damage to the bags and less weight, and also means you can chuck out more stuff without having to worry about the bin men leaving anything. In my house, we burn alot of excess boxes and so on anyway, and we can't actually chuck out garden waste, too much to chuck out :P

jrh2002
22-09-2008, 07:24 PM
I think it's easier to recycle than to chuck everything in one big bag. Less damage to the bags and less weight, and also means you can chuck out more stuff without having to worry about the bin men leaving anything. In my house, we burn alot of excess boxes and so on anyway, and we can't actually chuck out garden waste, too much to chuck out :P

So you recycle and then pollute the country by creating 20 foot high infernos? lol

I dont recycle and will be dead long before it matters so dont care about it or the future of the planet ;)

Did you see that program where our so calleed recycled waste was turning up in indian landfills? makes you feel like you have done a worthwhile job.

The last few years we have not had enough technology to recyle alot and lots of waste has been shipped to france and buried.

when the lorry comes to pick up all your bottles that you put nicely into brown, green and clear bottle banks they just tip them in one big container mixed.

I think they are only making a big issue out of it so they can start fining us for not recycling.

My bin men take everything as long as it fits in the bin and due to my home i am not required to recycle ;) if they forced me i would either burn it or dump it in public bins.

xxMATTGxx
22-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Well our council has provided with different bins for different stuff etc. So yeah myself and the family in the house recycle as much as we can. I think its a good idea that we have plans to recycle, but much more needs to be done to make a difference. For example my school; they don't seem to recycle what so ever.

[Jay]
25-09-2008, 06:46 PM

Na its just a lie the goverment have made up about global warming coz i cant see the ozone layer not can anyone else. They made it up coz they to lazy to keep makin more of the product as it cost lots to make and recyling is a cheaper option.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!