PDA

View Full Version : Fox hunting?

Oracle.
22-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Sorry if this has been posted many times before :rolleyes:
But i feel strongly for this.
Fox hunting has got a really bad reputation, and now its been banned im furious :$
We are now made to do Paper Trails around a woods, and the first person to the end wins. :eusa_whis
I'm sorry but this is stupid.
No wonder this country is falling apart. People are stopping traditions in England which have been going for hundred's of years. Okay, okay its animal cruelty, but when we were allowed we hardly caught anything anyway! :@:@
Farmers especially are annoyed as foxes are eating chickens, geese and ducks and its rather annoying.

I just wondered on your views?
I didnt mean to offend anyone this is just merely my opinion :)
x

Moved by Slowpoke (Forum Moderator) from Discuss Anything since it's become more of a debate than a discussion.

ideabox
22-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Fox hunting has got a really bad reputation, and now its been banned im furious :$
We are now made to do Paper Trails around a woods, and the first person to the end wins. :eusa_whis
No wonder this country is falling apart. People are stopping traditions in England which have been going for hundred's of years. Okay, okay its animal cruelty, but when we were allowed we hardly caught anything anyway! :@:@
Farmers especially are annoyed as foxes are eating chickens, geese and ducks and its rather annoying.

x

Yes I do agree. I really hate foxes as they completely cause havoc to the livestock and are very cunning. I do think that the way they are killed, however is inhumane and should kill the foxes with a bullet to the head.
Its a difficult debate as you can sympathise with both sides but I think there should be some form of negotiation such as continuing the fox hunting but when the hounds bring out the fox, they should immediately be put to death. Whether that would occur though is a different matter.

Virgin Mary
22-07-2008, 02:51 PM
You must have problems in your head if you have an urge to chase after something and kill it. And they have to eat to survive, sorry to say.

JackBuddy
22-07-2008, 02:54 PM
I haven't seen a fox in my area for ages since wheely bins were given out. Why should they be killed anyway? Foxes are predators just like us.

ideabox
22-07-2008, 02:56 PM
You must have problems in your head if you have an urge to chase after something and kill it. And they have to eat to survive, sorry to say.
They come back. Trust me, I keep poultry and made the mistake of thinking it wouldn't come back. Killed my brooding hen and the 5 chicks.
I'm not going to let them eat my livestock either. They can go find food elsewhere but to me they're a pest. They'll never stop since they have a real taste for it.

Technologic
22-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Bring it back i say, banning the hunt is like banning cricket

Virgin Mary
22-07-2008, 03:18 PM
They come back. Trust me, I keep poultry and made the mistake of thinking it wouldn't come back. Killed my brooding hen and the 5 chicks.
I'm not going to let them eat my livestock either. They can go find food elsewhere but to me they're a pest. They'll never stop since they have a real taste for it.
Then shoot them or something. If you have an obvious problem with them then deal with it. I think it's pretty twisted though if you ride around on a horse chasing something for the fun of it. Perhaps it is a tradition - unfortunately times move on. Slavery was a tradition, as was living in caves and many other things we no longer do. It's called modernisation for a more civilised society.

Zehro
22-07-2008, 04:34 PM
I thought it was only illegal with hounds?

N-Dubz
22-07-2008, 07:23 PM
they have to get food from somewhere and they shouldnt be shot for trying to survive.

running around looking for them is just cruel.. thats when there not doing anything to you at all..

Swearwolf
22-07-2008, 07:30 PM
its ok to shoot them but the normal fox hunting is wrong no matter what anyone says and im more than happy its banned.

Slowpoke
22-07-2008, 07:43 PM
I really don't agree with you, all forms of hunting should be banned in my opinion. You think just because it's a 'tradition' and because they're eating farm animals that it's right? Who are we to decide that they shouldn't be eating farm animals, they have to eat to survive and it's us who caged their food up so in turn we're actually starving them, disrupting the food chain. We eat the farm animals so who are we to deny them the same right? Hunting is inhumane and I really cannot believe that it's legal anywhere. We're animals yet if we kill each other we get life imprisonment. We aren't any better than them and most have been on this planet longer than us but no, we just come along and take over.

And then there's the obvious point, would you like to be chased around by animals twice the size of you, shot and killed for fun, as a sport? No, I don't think you would. Imagine the fear that they go through.

Humans are the cancer of this planet, and if we carry on like this, we'll be the destroyers. We seem to think that because we've become the dominant species it means that we have dominion over everything, it's sickening. Sorry if I've sounded preachy but things like this really get on my nerves. Ban all forms of hunting.

e5
22-07-2008, 07:45 PM
They should be allowed to kill foxes if they attempt to go near the chickens etc but shooting them for your own belly etc shouldn't be tolerated.

Slowpoke
22-07-2008, 07:47 PM
They should be allowed to kill foxes if they attempt to go near the chickens etc but shooting them for your own belly etc shouldn't be tolerated.

Why should they Elliott? They have just as much right to any other animal as we do, it's what you call a food chain. Before we came along, foxes ate livestock such as chickens. Maybe they should shoot us for stealing their food.

Tarantula
22-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Shoot all the *removed* rabbits, all the fox's will die or find something better to eat, no more need for fox hunting as fox's will become endangered, problem solved.

Edited by Slowpoke (Forum Moderator). Please do not avoid the forum filter.

Slowpoke
22-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Shoot all the *removed* rabbits, all the fox's will die or find something better to eat, no more need for fox hunting as fox's will become endangered, problem solved.

What horribly rigid and restricted views you have, you're quite the bigot.

Zehro
22-07-2008, 10:17 PM
I really don't agree with you, all forms of hunting should be banned in my opinion. You think just because it's a 'tradition' and because they're eating farm animals that it's right? Who are we to decide that they shouldn't be eating farm animals, they have to eat to survive and it's us who caged their food up so in turn we're actually starving them, disrupting the food chain. We eat the farm animals so who are we to deny them the same right? Hunting is inhumane and I really cannot believe that it's legal anywhere. We're animals yet if we kill each other we get life imprisonment. We aren't any better than them and most have been on this planet longer than us but no, we just come along and take over.

And then there's the obvious point, would you like to be chased around by animals twice the size of you, shot and killed for fun, as a sport? No, I don't think you would. Imagine the fear that they go through.

Humans are the cancer of this planet, and if we carry on like this, we'll be the destroyers. We seem to think that because we've become the dominant species it means that we have dominion over everything, it's sickening. Sorry if I've sounded preachy but things like this really get on my nerves. Ban all forms of hunting.

I totally agree with you, we moan because the Fox's are attacking the farm animals so they can eat to survive, when we also eat the animals so who are we to complain? People say Fox's destroy the countryside e.g, but we destroy it with pollution, again we're moaning when we do the same thing.

Hunting is awful, it's not a sport, I don't know how anyone can take pleasure out of killing animals inhumanely and keeping them as trophies.

+ Rep Harreh

N-Dubz
22-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Slowspoke is right.

Us humans think because we are more clever then other animals we have all the rights. Animal's cant talk they arn't blessed with that capability so why should we abuse that? These animals need food to survive they do not kill for fun - like most "fox hunters" do. They pick the food they eat just like we do 'cept they need it to survive just like us cept our power overtakes us and we make it a traditional sport. Fox's shouldnt be chased by us we're way bigger than them and much clever aka fox traps could be used etc. How is that fair?
If a dog even bites us - it has to be put down. Its not fair.

Animals help us alot we dont give them the credit they deserve and crying because this sport has been cleared just showed the usual disrespect we show animals everyday.

Plux
23-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Ok, Oracle I'm going to shoot you when you're buying chicken in Tescos?

Technologic
23-07-2008, 12:45 PM
I have made this point many times..

When foxes rule the world they can do what they want, same with chickens but for now we humans are the dominant species and so we can shoot whatever we want

N-Dubz
23-07-2008, 02:16 PM
I have made this point many times..

When foxes rule the world they can do what they want, same with chickens but for now we humans are the dominant species and so we can shoot whatever we want

that is a very twisted view.

thats the view that people who kill elephants for there tusks and kill a cheetah for its coat have...

we're the dominant species we should have more of a brain then to kill animals just because we can and make it into a sport.

most animals could rip us to peices if they wanted too, but do they?

funny how we're more cruel to animals then we should be.. animal cruelty is a horriable thing and just because we're the dominant species dosnt mean we should be able to get away with it.

animals were here long before us what gives us the right to come and ruin there food chain.

Technologic
23-07-2008, 02:34 PM
that is a very twisted view.

thats the view that people who kill elephants for there tusks and kill a cheetah for its coat have...

we're the dominant species we should have more of a brain then to kill animals just because we can and make it into a sport.

funny how we're more cruel to animals then we should be.. animal cruelty is a horriable thing and just because we're the dominant species dosnt mean we should be able to get away with it.

animals were here long before us what gives us the right to come and ruin there food chain.
The fact we're better than them and are not all tree hugging hippies

N-Dubz
23-07-2008, 02:39 PM
The fact we're better than them and are not all tree hugging hippies

lmao im not a tree hugger but why should an animal be killed just because we have more of a brain.

they dont kill us unless they think there in danger, when with there power they could all easily kill us.

have fun killing elephants for there tusks, cheetahs for there coats and other animals for pointless reasons till there extinct.

its people like you who have that opinion that make us have "extinct" animals.

Technologic
23-07-2008, 03:04 PM
A. You need to sort out your grammar
B. I do not agree with the killing of endangered animals, foxes are pests.

N-Dubz
23-07-2008, 03:33 PM
A. You need to sort out your grammar
B. I do not agree with the killing of endangered animals, foxes are pests.

a) i dont want to sort out my grammer its a forum i dont try but if i dont put a comma in i get flamed aswelllllll:)

b) you obviously do your saying were the dominate species we can shoot what WE want..

so that means endangered aswell and fox's are not pests there getting dinner

ill shoot you next time u go 2 the supermarket 2 buy some meat then!?!?!?!?1

PaintYourTarget
23-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Humans are the cancer of this planet, and if we carry on like this, we'll be the destroyers.
Hiyarr Agent Smith!!!

No, 'cause we're smart enough to stay away from them. If Foxes were smart enough to stay away from our farms and us then they'd not get ripped to shreds either, would they?

N-Dubz
23-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Hiyarr Agent Smith!!!

No, 'cause we're smart enough to stay away from them. If Foxes were smart enough to stay away from our farms and us then they'd not get ripped to shreds either, would they?

they need food & just because we're smarter then them dosnt mean we can take the piss out of animals they are aloud to eat..

+ no we have pets and our dogs could kill us or bite us any second of the day if they wanted too 'cept they dont unless really provocked.

Kardan
23-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Okay, okay its animal cruelty, but when we were allowed we hardly caught anything anyway!

Oh, alright then... I'll go and murder someone and dump the body, but it's okay because I'll never get caught.

I'm against Fox Hunting.

PaintYourTarget
23-07-2008, 04:01 PM
they need food & just because we're smarter then them dosnt mean we can take the piss out of animals they are aloud to eat..

+ no we have pets and our dogs could kill us or bite us any second of the day if they wanted too 'cept they dont unless really provocked.
My dog bit me yesterday. It was a very disproportionate amount of force for him to use compared to what I did. Most domesticated animals have a connection and relationship with their owners, hence why they don't attack us - but people get bit by randomers dogs all the time.

And we're protecting our food chain by defending chickens by killing their predators. But, I guess we can let all our food sources go to other creatures and die, just aslong as the fluffy wuffy wittle ickle foxes can live, yeah?

And Kardan, they were trying to say that they barely caught any Foxes on hunts, not that they wouldn't get caught by authorities. I think the statistic was less than 1 in 10 hunts caught the Fox, but that may be wrong.

PaintYourTarget
23-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Lag, of sorts.

Technologic
23-07-2008, 04:05 PM
a) i dont want to sort out my grammer its a forum i dont try but if i dont put a comma in i get flamed aswelllllll:)

b) you obviously do your saying were the dominate species we can shoot what WE want..

so that means endangered aswell and fox's are not pests there getting dinner

ill shoot you next time u go 2 the supermarket 2 buy some meat then!?!?!?!?1
yes, we can shoot what we want, i'm not saying we should though.

Virgin Mary
23-07-2008, 04:05 PM
The debate is on fox hunting, not shooting foxes in general. I'm against it because it's making a sport out of killing something, likewise with bullfighting, dog fighting and other blood sports. I think it's sadistic and outdated.

ideabox
23-07-2008, 04:07 PM
I agree with fox hunting, however I disagree with the methods used. It would
be daft to allow the fox to keep coming back and kill your chickens.
Unfortunately, they have to be put to death otherwise it would get out of hand.
I believe that fox hunting should be conducted out of purpose rather than out
of sport.
[Making it as brief as possible!] =)

N-Dubz
23-07-2008, 04:38 PM
there would still be enough chicken to go around & the fact we can live off other foods ..

its sickening that people think that a fox should be shot for eating.. & that someone can find it fun and make it a sport :S

& some dogs are badly trained, used for dogfighting and ill treated meaning they attack people etc. dogs could attack us though anytime of the day like proper rip us apart - but yet most dont? if they did they'd be put down.. shame we dont get put down for killing a innocent fox trying to eat right.

it is animal cruelty & technologic you clearly said "we are the more dominate speices we can shoot whatever we want" in diffrent words or w/e.. so you didnt say you didnt agree with it - sorry if you dont.

just because we're more clever dosnt mean we should kill innocent animals who were here ages before us.. like virginmary said we use them for such stupid things such as dogfighting etc which is just pointless and kills a dog that could have been a nice dog if it hadnt been brought up like that.

i dont agree with killing animals for sport, fun or to earn some money.

ideabox
23-07-2008, 09:30 PM
No! I don't want my chickens to die! They're my pets, not my foodsource [well, apart from the eggs] =)

GommeInc
27-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Fox hunting itself is barbaric and old, I don't quite see the point in it. If the horse riders and dogs get a thrill out of it, there are other ways. It would be alot cleaner and easier on the mind if they went game hunting rather than fox hunting, because foxes are seen in a better light than rabbits, pheasants and partridges. Shooting foxes for attacking chickens and/or household pets is ok though, you're protecting something with more value than a fox, but that is afterall if the fox is forcefully breaking an entry though strong fences... Not just for standing and staring...

Splinter
27-07-2008, 01:02 PM

x

You feel strongly for chasing and killing animals? Hmm. Fox Hunting of course has a bad reputation for a good reason, it's wholely inhumane and the fact that you now can't have fun chasing and killing foxes isn't a reason not to ban it. Nor is tradition, many things used to be tradition from hanging to witch hunting. Are we to recommence these activities because they are part of our tradition? No we stop them because they are barabaric and uncivilised.

Foxes are of course bad but a gun will sort that out as will numerous other methods. There exists nothing more repulsive than backwards country folk all dressed up ready to chase another living creature with the expressed wish to cause it pain and suffering. There are bigger problems in the world than ensuring you have a good time. People are dying for the love of god.

Joemaphobe
03-08-2008, 08:08 PM
I think the ban should be nullified...
it's stupid to ban hundreds of years traditon as well being impratical to farmers..

FlyingJesus
03-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Who are we to decide that they shouldn't be eating farm animals, they have to eat to survive and it's us who caged their food up so in turn we're actually starving them, disrupting the food chain.

We're the dominant species, that's who. Yeah they eat to survive, but think of this: if humans didn't have chicken farms and the foxes are too slow/stupid to catch wild rabbits, they'll die anyway, so what difference does it make killing one which approaches a food source that isn't native?

We're animals yet if we kill each other we get life imprisonment. We aren't any better than them

Untrue, we're clearly better than them because we have the power to do as we want with them.

And then there's the obvious point, would you like to be chased around by animals twice the size of you, shot and killed for fun, as a sport?

Strangely enough no, but that doesn't happen and no-one hunts sentient animals (mostly because it's only humans and "possibly" dolphins that are sentient) so it's a void point.

Ahahahaha best solution I ever heard, that is truly genius

Us humans think because we are more clever then other animals we have all the rights.

Yeah...

Fox's shouldnt be chased by us we're way bigger than them and much clever aka fox traps could be used etc. How is that fair?

WHOA you're against hunting where the death is fairly imminent but FOR traps that injure animals and put them in massive amounts of pain before they starve?

Animals help us alot we dont give them the credit they deserve and crying because this sport has been cleared just showed the usual disrespect we show animals everyday.

Yeah I guess I must've forgotten about the time that fox saved my life, fed my family and bought me a new car.

No because we have technology and can blast the hell out of them lol

Fox Hunting of course has a bad reputation for a good reason, it's wholely inhumane

No it isn't. Foxes run because they have a natural instinct to want to live (preservation of species) but they can only show the physical signs of emotions like fear, animals do not have emotions or feel pain like humans do. Further, in a hunt the death would either come from a gunshot or a dog - a gunshot will usually put it right out, and if not the dogs will get it right after, and if the dogs get there first then being the natural predators they are they'll go for the throat and make it a quick death. Foxes only get "mauled" by the dogs after the death.

Technologic
04-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Foxes are pests, pests are exterminated.

Mercenary
04-08-2008, 08:06 PM

Calling human instincts, your ancestors were doing the same thing. Hunting for something and killing it is the most natural thing to us humans. It should have ******* stayed that way, people who can't hunt died.

Virgin Mary
06-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Calling human instincts, your ancestors were doing the same thing. Hunting for something and killing it is the most natural thing to us humans. It should have ******* stayed that way, people who can't hunt died.
Cavemen hunted for food, not for sport. If you want to live that way then you can always go and live in a cave with some aborigines.

Mercenary
06-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Cavemen hunted for food, not for sport. If you want to live that way then you can always go and live in a cave with some aborigines.

Read your own quote, then read my reply. You simply stated the urge to chase something and kill it, an urge we all have. However, I'll reply to this quote also.

The fact is, we do not know a lot about this, however there are definitely elements of sport in hunting for cavemen, such as catching the biggest animals (trunks) which back then would have shown how strong and skilled you were, and this also would have been equilvalent to your rank in their society. No, they don't want to live in a cave, they have all the right to do what they're doing. Banning hunting is the beginning of what is really happening, just think take a step back and see these laws. Banning hunting, curfews, recession etc etc etc..

Virgin Mary
06-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Times change.

Splinter
06-08-2008, 08:02 PM

Point 1. Our Ancestors also used to rape young girls, murder and eat other human beings do we carry on with these acts? No we apply a moral code to the acts and as a society legislate against them.

Point 2. "People who can't hunt died". I don't think this sentence needs to be argued against but simply underlined. When you apply evolutionary principles to society it only leads you to Nazi Germany in the 1930's.

Mercenary
06-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Point 1. Our Ancestors also used to rape young girls, murder and eat other human beings do we carry on with these acts? No we apply a moral code to the acts and as a society legislate against them.

Point 2. "People who can't hunt died". I don't think this sentence needs to be argued against but simply underlined. When you apply evolutionary principles to society it only leads you to Nazi Germany in the 1930's.

Did I ever mention that I agree with raping women? No, you're putting words into my mouth. I was simply using that example for that quote.

It's not a secret the biggest medical breakthroughs were made in the concentration camps, things like transplants wouldn't have been imaginable unless if someone didn't try it and do it in that manner. Two sides to every story. You act as if Nazi Germany was only a dark era, things like rights and general views on racism had been re-thought after the 1940's when they discovered the things that went on in these camps and under Hitlers rein.

No, it's not true. Nazi Germany was like that because of one person only, the same person that bombed his own Reichstag to call himself a Fuhrer. You apply evolutionary principles to society every day, without this we wouldn't have moved on from raping girls.

Splinter
06-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Did I ever mention that I agree with raping women? No, you're putting words into my mouth. I was simply using that example for that quote.

It's not a secret the biggest medical breakthroughs were made in the concentration camps, things like transplants wouldn't have been imaginable unless if someone didn't try it and do it in that manner. Two sides to every story. You act as if Nazi Germany was only a dark era, things like rights and general views on racism had been re-thought after the 1940's when they discovered the things that went on in these camps and under Hitlers rein.

No, it's not true. Nazi Germany was like that because of one person only, the same person that bombed his own Reichstag to call himself a Fuhrer. You apply evolutionary principles to society every day, without this we wouldn't have moved on from raping girls.

No but you believed that we should behave how our ancestors did and all I am pointing out is how they behaved. You can't cherry pick and say that we should carry on hunting because its innate within us but that rape, murder and cannibalism are wrong. We are naturally superstitious should be follow those feelings or side with reason and evidence?

As for the Second World War eradicating racism? Well clearly not in America it took the civil rights movement to get equal voting rights for blacks and racism is now still prevalent in nearly every society around the world. As for the medical advances.. well I don't see 6 million Jewish lives and the suffering that led to the advances as really worth it. Maybe you do.

As for society moving on because of survival of the fittest thats rubbish, it moved on inspite of that principle. If we still lived by that principle then we would still have a life expectancy of 30 years and we would still be hunter gathers whos only objective in life was reproduction. Entering into a society does away with that principle as those who are strongest are forced to cohabit with those who are the weakest which isn't beneficial to them. And if we live by those principles today then explain the welfare state?

N-Dubz
08-08-2008, 01:20 AM
I really dont think just because we're the more powerful species we should kill animals for a sport.
Thats like another species that was more brainer then us coming and killing us just for the fun of it and because they can.

An we do have really good technology but like how is it predictable when an animal will attack? so you wouldnt know when your loving dog might try to bite you to even have time to blow its brains out LOL.

Jbz-Hotboy.
09-08-2008, 01:48 PM
My view is that it is bad and should be stopped

Earthquake
11-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Im a vegetarian, I don't think this is fair.

Japan
11-08-2008, 10:42 PM
I don't agree or disagree with foxhunting. Yes foxes are a pain the the bum for farmers and anyone who forgets to close their bin lids at night, but getting hunting houds to rip them apart is not acceptable. And anyway- culling at the den is much more effective, since it exterminates the mother and her cubs together. Instead of leaving it to the dogs to kill the mum and let the cubs starve. Anyway, i agree with georgelol- hunters should use guns.

Japan
11-08-2008, 10:46 PM
(Quote from Splinter) Point 1. Our Ancestors also used to rape young girls, murder and eat other human beings do we carry on with these acts? No we apply a moral code to the acts and as a society legislate against them.

I don't think that's a very good example- from what I've seen, quite a lot of people are offended. And did our ancestors really rape young girls? I always thought the humans were attracted to others of roughly the same age. And what your basically saying is, all our ancestors are paedophiles.

Splinter
12-08-2008, 05:01 PM
(Quote from Splinter) Point 1. Our Ancestors also used to rape young girls, murder and eat other human beings do we carry on with these acts? No we apply a moral code to the acts and as a society legislate against them.

I don't think that's a very good example- from what I've seen, quite a lot of people are offended. And did our ancestors really rape young girls? I always thought the humans were attracted to others of roughly the same age. And what your basically saying is, all our ancestors are paedophiles.

Well it is. It was common and still is in many Middle Eastern countries for middle aged men to be married off to young girls. The Islamic prophet Muhammad was married to a 9 year old. Paedophilia is something invented by our society. It effectively comes quite naturally to us but as a society we have stamped it out due to the inhumanity of it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!